Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Graphic Novel Recommendations

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

That's a damn fine collection. Wowzers.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Popkin View Post
    Y: The Last Man....perfect for today’s climate
    Red Son...Superman lands in USSR instead of Kansas and becomes a commie
    Irredeemable...Superman snaps and says fuck the earthlings
    Daredevil Born Again...the definitive daredevil story
    Marvels...good story with flawless Alex Ross art
    Superman Birthright by Mark Waid...imo the best Superman origin story
    Identity Crisis by Brad Metzler...yet another 80s rape story but it’s a great read
    Old Man Logan...Logan the movie plus hulks
    Invincible...the guy that wrote walking dead writes guardians of the galaxy for Nickelodeon
    Batman the long Halloween...underrated as hell. Includes the entire Batman roster
    Daredevil Yellow
    Daredevil The Man Without Fear
    Daredevil anything by Bendis & Maleev
    Captain America Winter Soldier...my all time favorite
    Civil War
    From the sound of it, you and I have similar taste. Irredeemable was one of my favorite stories, except it got a little convoluted near the end. Marvels was fantastic. Old Man Logan was great, and I haven't read his Old Man Logan series yet but I'm excited to start it. Long Halloween was pretty good, but I'm partial to Hush and Arkham Asylum being my favorite Batman stories.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    That's a damn fine collection. Wowzers.
    I'm excited to get it here in the next few days, but I've been enhancing the pictures and cataloging the titles, and there's a LOT of Volume 3s or Volume 6s, etc., without having the first ones. So essentially, I just spent $1000 so I can go ahead and spend more money and fill in the gaps, lol. Oh well. And the library stickers should come off easy enough, but I forgot to ask if they have the cards inside. I hope not. Do modern libraries still do the cards on the inside?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Irredeemable is fantastic, but I felt it dragged on a little too long and wasn't too big a fan of the ending.

Pretty much I'll read anything by Grant Morrison, Mark Waid, Jonathan Hickman, Warren Ellis.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, and fun fact for anyone that is OCD enough to catalog graphic novels … I hate Spider-Man now. This is why:

The series starts off with the 1963 Amazing Spider-Man series and has issues #1 through #441. Then it continues to the 1999 Amazing Spider-Man series and has issues #1 through #58. Then it continues to the 1963 Amazing Spider-Man series with issues #500 through #700. Then it continues to the Avenging Spider-Man series for one issue in issue #15.1, then it continues to the Superior Spider-Man series, then it goes back to the 1963 series for a few issues. Then it goes to the Amazing Spider-Man 2015 series for a few issues, then it goes back to the 1963 series, then it continues to the Amazing Spider-Man 2018 series.

Fuck you Spider-Man.

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Y: The Last Man....perfect for today’s climate
    Red Son...Superman lands in USSR instead of Kansas and becomes a commie
    Irredeemable...Superman snaps and says fuck the earthlings
    Daredevil Born Again...the definitive daredevil story
    Marvels...good story with flawless Alex Ross art
    Superman Birthright by Mark Waid...imo the best Superman origin story
    Identity Crisis by Brad Metzler...yet another 80s rape story but it’s a great read
    Old Man Logan...Logan the movie plus hulks
    Invincible...the guy that wrote walking dead writes guardians of the galaxy for Nickelodeon
    Batman the long Halloween...underrated as hell. Includes the entire Batman roster
    Daredevil Yellow
    Daredevil The Man Without Fear
    Daredevil anything by Bendis & Maleev
    Captain America Winter Soldier...my all time favorite
    Civil War
    From the sound of it, you and I have similar taste. Irredeemable was one of my favorite stories, except it got a little convoluted near the end. Marvels was fantastic. Old Man Logan was great, and I haven't read his Old Man Logan series yet but I'm excited to start it. Long Halloween was pretty good, but I'm partial to Hush and Arkham Asylum being my favorite Batman stories.
    I love Hush as well. Jim Lee can’t hit a deadline to save his life but his Batman is my fave. And I know this is super duper unpopular, but I don’t like Arkham Asylum bc of the art. Clearly I’m in the minority

Congrats on the collection sounds like you got a great deal

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Irredeemable is fantastic, but I felt it dragged on a little too long and wasn't too big a fan of the ending.

Pretty much I'll read anything by Grant Morrison, Mark Waid, Jonathan Hickman, Warren Ellis.
    Based on this info I’d say give Ed Brubaker a shot too. Also, Matt Fractions Hawkeye run is a cool version of campy fun

And Jason Aaron!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Fuck you Spider-Man.
    What about Mexican Spider-Man?

https://www.cbr.com/spider-man-mexic...nstead-killed/

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Based on this info I’d say give Ed Brubaker a shot too. Also, Matt Fractions Hawkeye run is a cool version of campy fun

And Jason Aaron!
    Co-sign on Aaron. Brubaker's Daredevil run is out of this world. Soule's current run is great too.

Shannon's post reminded me I really need to take pictures of my collection.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post

And Jason Aaron!
    Co-sign on Aaron. Brubaker's Daredevil run is out of this world. Soule's current run is great too.

I've read Brubaker's Incognito and The Fade Out, both are great.

Jason Aaron - I've read Scalped , Punisher MAX and a decent chunk of his Thor run which is some of the best Thor stuff I've ever read.

Have either of you read Injection by Ellis?

Country
    Country Flag

I haven’t read nearly enough Ellis. His James Bond stuff is fantastic, but I think the only other I read was some Thor And maybe some Wolverine? but can’t remember

He’s great

Edit: I was thinking of Jason Aaron wolverine I think...been too long

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post

And Jason Aaron!

I've read Brubaker's Incognito and The Fade Out, both are great.

Jason Aaron - I've read Scalped , Punisher MAX and a decent chunk of his Thor run which is some of the best Thor stuff I've ever read.

Have either of you read Injection by Ellis?
    Does the bear shit in the woods? Yep, and it's great stuff.

Men of Wrath and Southern Bastards are great too. There's a scene in Men of Wrath that's going to make you feel really bad. You'll know it when you see it.

Re: Ellis. His best work is stand-alone titles for Avatar: Superhods, Scars, Aetheric Mechanics, Frankenstein's Womb, No Hero etc.

Country
    Country Flag

http://imgur.com/a/fkvCZYG

This is everything I have by Jean "Moebius" Giraud and Alejandro Jodorowsky. I still need a few books to complete the collection but it's almost complete.

Traveler khaos will become famous soon enough khaos will become famous soon enough

Ones I didn't see mentioned are:

The Woods - cross genre book I found because of the writer, James Tynion IV.
    Clean Room - A great horror book by Gail Simone
    Gideon Falls - A newer book, I enjoyed volume one

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2