Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Brady Hartsfield Tech Support Line

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Default Brady Hartsfield Tech Support Line

A general technical question. I recently had a flash drive malfunction on me. Anyone know a reliable make and model to buy?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    A general technical question. I recently had a flash drive malfunction on me. Anyone know a reliable make and model to buy?
    I have used both Sea gate and WD. Both have been great. I recommend NOT buying from eBay, there is a hack you can do to make them appear larger than they actually are (making an 8GB look like a 64GB Flash). stick to amazon or other reputable electronics dealers.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    I have used both Sea gate and WD. Both have been great. I recommend NOT buying from eBay, there is a hack you can do to make them appear larger than they actually are (making an 8GB look like a 64GB Flash). stick to amazon or other reputable electronics dealers.
    Thanks! I'll probably try one of each, since I need two of them. I'm backing the files up this time!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Thanks! I'll probably try one of each, since I need two of them. I'm backing the files up this time!
    I usually just get a TB external HD and use that for back up (they plug in through USB just like flashdrive) then also a cloud storage. if I need it anywhere there is the cloud but I still have a hard copy stored if needed.

I don't trust or understand the cloud. I think it's over my head.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Brady Hartsfield Tech Line

New thread. Use this rather than "Tech questions about the site" to discuss any tech help or advice you have/need that is not related to the site.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    New thread. Use this rather than "Tech questions about the site" to discuss any tech help or advice you have/need that is not related to the site.
    You might want to move this to the top of the thread.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    You might want to move this to the top of the thread.
    It was at the top, then I merged from the other thread and it got bumped down...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

I think the person at the top is a distinguished, talented, greatly admired gentleman of rare taste and discernment who has never lied once in his entire life until now and what a strange feeling!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think the person at the top is a distinguished, talented, greatly admired gentleman of rare taste and discernment who has never lied once in his entire life until now and what a strange feeling!
    I heartily concur!!

I forgot about this thread.

Sometimes, when I boot up my PC with Windows 10, a window opens saying it can not connect to Onedrive. I do not even know what Onedrive is, and I would like to know how to stop this window from popping up.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sometimes, when I boot up my PC with Windows 10, a window opens saying it can not connect to Onedrive. I do not even know what Onedrive is, and I would like to know how to stop this window from popping up.
    OneDrive is Microsoft's cloud service, like Dropbox. It is probably set as a startup process. In the Search bar, type Startup Tasks. It will bring you into the Startup Apps page. Just change it and any others you don't want starting at Startup to Off.

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post

OneDrive is Microsoft's cloud service, like Dropbox. It is probably set as a startup process. In the Search bar, type Startup Tasks. It will bring you into the Startup Apps page. Just change it and any others you don't want starting at Startup to Off.
    Thanks! I tried that and it was enabled somehow. I disabled it!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Is there any downside to disabling the OneDrive?

John

I've been on this thing all day since doing so, and I think I accidentally enabled it in the 1st place. Everything is working fine. Almost wish it wasn't since I've spent almost $400 on books the last couple of days. Things that come up once and you take them or most likely never see them again, so I took them.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John
    Only the loss of cloud storage.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John
    Only the loss of cloud storage.
    Thanks, Brian!

John

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've discovered one thing that's changed when I disabled OneDrive--I no longer have the auto-save function in my Office programs--Excel, Word, etc. No big thing, but interesting.

John

Country
    Country Flag

I've discovered one thing that's changed when I disabled OneDrive--I no longer have the auto-save function in my Office programs--Excel, Word, etc. No big thing, but interesting.

John
    They must be using the cloud for that feature. Just go old school and remember to save.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John
    They must be using the cloud for that feature. Just go old school and remember to save.
    That's just what I've been doing.

John

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Sorry, RF. That video was just too out-of-focus for me to see anything.

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

· File
    · Under Help, choose options
    · Under Options, click the Save button
    o SSelect Auto-Recovery and you can choose how often the document is AutoSaved. The default is 10 minutes, but you can choose your own time.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Just tried it. We'll see if it works. Thanks a bunch, RF!!

John

I've got a bunch of old programs like First Aid, Netscape Navigator, McAfee, Windows 90 whatever, etc. etc. in the original boxes. Is there any use for these whatsoever, or should I just chuck them all in the trash can?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast