Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A new Dark Tower story "might happen"

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So what are our choices? Loose story about his dad and his battle, probably not. Jericho, likely! Follow on for the ka-tet? Unlikely but could be fun. After the door closes? Would be great (especially after the heartache of that film). Honestly, any will be great, just a few more pages where I can join Roland on his way....

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have been thinking about this and I think a short story about Jericho is the way to go... novella size max. I think the real story here should be something like another turn of the wheel. King could finally heal the tower for good and maybe even a new KaTet... now that he has the horn... I think this story would have weight to it.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Zidan will become famous soon enough Zidan's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if King will consider doing something on the Tet corporation and its long history battling Sombra in New York. Maybe follow the three men (Cullum, Carver, and Deepneau) during a particularly difficult period? Think that would be interesting.

Traveler Rae1420 is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    What story would you all want then? Myself... a final book... that is the final spin of the wheel so to speak.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    YES!!!!!

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I think it would be hard to continue the story with another ka-tet without diminishing the seven volumes we already have. If a later ka-tet is triumphant, why tell the story of Susannah, Jake, Eddie and Oy?

I think Roland's story is told. His arc is complete. He has become the man he must be, to overcome his own obsessions. After all:
    The gunslinger waited for the time of the drawing and dreamed his long dreams of the Dark Tower, to which he would some day come at dusk and approach, winding his horn, to do some unimaginable final battle.
    HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

I think it could be interesting if there was another book that starts around the battle of the wolves and have flashbacks of how the Horn of Eld has changed or influenced the loop this time. I want to know if Roland would continue to the tower after he was told that his destiny had been achieved by saving the tower and the beams and the multiverses. I know the final book was a finale, but, does it have to be? There are so many changes that could occur. Butterfly effect and all.... perhaps it’s just wishful thinking🤷🏻*♀️

Gunslinger Apprentice burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

the story King has always said he would tell if he was to write another Tower book was the Battle of Jericho Hill. I think that's the most interesting story and to fill the gap between His mothers murder and LSOE.
    ISO DT I-IV #101, rage,Suntup Press Horns, Rosemary's Baby and The Road w/designation #239

Country
    Country Flag

If he wrote a book about the battle of Jericho I would be thrilled!!!!! I would love to learn about that history. Although I know it is never going to happen, but, I will always want an eight book addressing the horn of Eld. It’s the part of me that feels incomplete while Roland remains in the loop. It’s like Scott Bacula being stuck in quantum space🤷🏻*♀️

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rae1420 View Post
    I think it could be interesting if there was another book that starts around the battle of the wolves and have flashbacks of how the Horn of Eld has changed or influenced the loop this time. I want to know if Roland would continue to the tower after he was told that his destiny had been achieved by saving the tower and the beams and the multiverses. I know the final book was a finale, but, does it have to be? There are so many changes that could occur. Butterfly effect and all.... perhaps it’s just wishful thinking🤷🏻*♀️
    The interpretation of the series that I favour is that he Horn of Eld represents the change in Roland's character needed for him to turn aside after the Tower is saved; it has no literal part to play in the quest.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

But that still changes the story. If the horn of Eld keeps him from seeking the tower than both Mordred and Patrick become useless. What will his choice of life be after the quest? What happens to Susannah? Does she join the breakers? Does she still go thru a door that leads her back to Jake and Eddie?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the book will involve Roland meeting Holly Gibson.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Lol!!!! That would be something😂😂😂😂

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Please no!!

Gunslinger Apprentice Curly has a spectacular aura about Curly has a spectacular aura about

Might also meet Holly Gibney!

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rae1420 View Post
    Lol!!!! That would be something😂😂😂😂
    ....Horribly horrible

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Gunslinger Apprentice burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

yeah we will learn the whole dark tower saga was just in Holly Gibney's head. She'll have a snow globe with the tower in it
    ISO DT I-IV #101, rage,Suntup Press Horns, Rosemary's Baby and The Road w/designation #239

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2