Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: A new 'Salem's Lot adaptation is happening

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm guessing it's because
    Spoiler:
    Barlow doesn't show up in person until late in the book (with Straker being the villain we spend the most time with) so the original ending would have had him appear as a cliffhanger of sorts to usher in the second film.

FWIW I've been trying to find more information about this but haven't been able to.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There appears to be nobody credited as Barlow (although there is a makeup artist credited to Barlow)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1024507...f_=tt_ov_st_sm
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The studio is looking to jettison its horror film “Salem’s Lot” to Max, sources say. Warner Bros. developed it for a theatrical rollout, but after sitting on the shelf for a year, the Gary Dauberman-directed Stephen King adaptation is poised to make its debut on the Warner Bros. Discovery streaming platform.

A source with knowledge of the back-and-forth says the move is not a reflection of the film’s quality but is due to the fact that the ongoing SAG-AFTRA strike has created a growing need for Max content. “Salem’s Lot” is one of a few Warner Bros. films deemed to make the jump. But a Warner Bros. spokesperson said, “No decision has been made about the film’s future distribution plans.”
    https://variety.com/2023/film/news/s...ut-1235774431/
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

NOT sharing the picture directly, even if watermarked because the professionnal picture database could be annoying but... could this shot be from the new "Salem's Lot" movie?

https://www.alamy.com/a-vertical-sho...493804454.html
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

I think it’s just a stock photo model dressed up, doesn’t look like it’s from a film.

My Collection

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    NOT sharing the picture directly, even if watermarked because the professionnal picture database could be annoying but... could this shot be from the new "Salem's Lot" movie?

https://www.alamy.com/a-vertical-sho...493804454.html
    I hope not.

Country
    Country Flag

King wrote the following.

Between you and me, Twitter, I've seen the new SALEM'S LOT and it's quite good. Old-school horror filmmaking: slow build, big payoff. Not sure why WB is holding it back; not like it's embarrassing, or anything. Who knows. I just write the fucking things.
    https://twitter.com/StephenKing/stat...921844348?s=20

My Collection

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post

Between you and me, Twitter, I've seen the new SALEM'S LOT and it's quite good. Old-school horror filmmaking: slow build, big payoff. Not sure why WB is holding it back; not like it's embarrassing, or anything. Who knows. I just write the fucking things.
    Frustrating that WB won't release the movie.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post

Careful what you wish for. This is likely to be unwatchable. Uncle Stevie just wants to cash the check. A true one percenter. The most recent Pet Semetery movie was horrific.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post

Careful what you wish for. This is likely to be unwatchable. Uncle Stevie just wants to cash the check. A true one percenter. The most recent Pet Semetery movie was horrific.
    You're likely right but I'd be willing t give it a chance.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Given that an entire line of Children of the Corn was made (and we can name others), one wonders at the notion that quality concerns might actually prevent the release/airing of a King adaptation.

And although I (as a viewer) care loads about quality, given the financial nature of film production, once money has been sunk into it, you've got to let it out in order to get any money back, and that (at this point) should be WB's goal (unless they envision some magical new edit of what's been shot that can save it).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Country
    Country Flag

I know you hate King and want to paint him as some money-grubbing miser who but I'm pretty sure he's already been paid already and he just wants people to see the film. Can't imagine this one film makes too much of a difference for him financially.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Given that an entire line of Children of the Corn was made (and we can name others), one wonders at the notion that quality concerns might actually prevent the release/airing of a King adaptation.

And although I (as a viewer) care loads about quality, given the financial nature of film production, once money has been sunk into it, you've got to let it out in order to get any money back, and that (at this point) should be WB's goal (unless they envision some magical new edit of what's been shot that can save it).
    Nothing to do with quality reasons. Zaslav canned the Wile E. Coyote film without even seeing it for a tax write off even though it had been getting rave reviews at test screenings.

My Collection

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Nothing to do with quality reasons.
    Wasn't that the purported reason?

What is the real reason?
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Country
    Country Flag

Wasn't that the purported reason?

What is the real reason?
    Already said it, a tax write off.

Regardless, Warner Bros. hasn't made any official decisions yet.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

I know you hate King and want to paint him as some money-grubbing miser who but I'm pretty sure he's already been paid already and he just wants people to see the film. Can't imagine this one film makes too much of a difference for him financially.

Nothing to do with quality reasons. Zaslav canned the Wile E. Coyote film without even seeing it for a tax write off even though it had been getting rave reviews at test screenings.
    Yeah the team were able to shop that movie around. Netflix were interested at 45M if i recall correctly, but WB declined as they wanted 80
    https://screenrant.com/coyote-vs-acm...-david-zaslav/

Country
    Country Flag

“Salem’s Lot,” the long-gestating adaptation of Stephen King’s 1975 bestselling novel about vampires, will debut on streaming instead of premiering in theaters.

New Line, the studio behind the horror film, officially announced that “Salem’s Lot” will appear on Max in 2024.

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/s...ng-1235939624/

My Collection

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4