Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: A new 'Salem's Lot adaptation is happening

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Honnestly, this visual is boring as f!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Theatrical Release Of Stephen King Pic ‘Salem’s Lot’ Moves From Post Labor Day To Spring 2023

The start of the fall box office just got bleaker as Warner Bros is moving New Line’s adaptation of Stephen King vampire novel Salem’s Lot from Sept. 9 to April 21, 2023. I hear the move is due to Covid-related delays in the post production realm. The Gary Dauberman-directed pic also had a handful of days of additional photography six weeks ago.
    That's unfortunate. The story begins on September the 5th so a September 9th opening would have been perfect timing.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Troubling. April is usually no man's land movie wise.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Warner Bros. reports that Salem's Lot, which was initially scheduled to release April 21, 2023, has been pulled from the company's release calendar entirely, with a new date to be announced at a later date.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think it's less to do with them being worried about the film and more to do with the shitshow that is affecting their entire company but still a shame.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    I think it's less to do with them being worried about the film and more to do with the shitshow that is affecting their entire company but still a shame.
    Why? What's the dirt on HBO/Warner?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

lol I don’t even know where to begin. They’ve been going full scorched over the last couple of weeks.

https://consequence.net/2022/08/warn...cap-cut-costs/

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...231320411.html

For all we know they could decide to just cancel the ‘Salem’s Lot release period and put the finished film in a vault like they did with Batgirl. (I don’t see that happening but I wouldn’t put anything past them.)
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

lol I don’t even know where to begin. They’ve been going full scorched over the last couple of weeks.

https://consequence.net/2022/08/warn...cap-cut-costs/

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...231320411.html

For all we know they could decide to just cancel the ‘Salem’s Lot release period and put the finished film in a vault like they did with Batgirl. (I don’t see that happening but I wouldn’t put anything past them.)
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Batgirl was mothballed because of poor test screen results. I wonder if SL was tested as well. Very disappointing.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    Batgirl was mothballed because of poor test screen results. I wonder if SL was tested as well. Very disappointing.
    Not really true. Reports are that it only had one test screening with unfinished visual effects and tested as well as the first It movie, which went on to make over $700 million, or their upcoming Black Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Not really true. Reports are that it only had one test screening with unfinished visual effects and tested as well as the first It movie, which went on to make over $700 million, or their upcoming Black Adam.
    Which movie are you refering to?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I meant Batgirl.

Country
    Country Flag

Not true, it was in the low 60s which both the first It (as Mae said) and Shazam also had.

https://www.gamesradar.com/batgirl-t...ence-score-it/

My Collection

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ya know what? I'm gonna go on record and say that we don't really need another adaption of Salem's Lot. Especially after that "Firestarter" debacle.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Good adaptations are always welcome...
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

The film just secured a major update for its release prospects however with the Motion Picture Association confirming the movie has been officially rated. As expected, the new Salem's Lot is rated R for "R for bloody violence and language."

Salem's Lot does not have a release date, but now that it has a rating, that's naturally the next step.

>>> Source

Gunslinger Apprentice fitomad is a jewel in the rough fitomad is a jewel in the rough fitomad is a jewel in the rough fitomad's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I noticed that in the "Upcoming" section a the Stephen King official site the Salem's Lot movie release date is set to April, 21st. Is it the real release date? Or simply the website admin doesn't update the info?

Gunslinger Apprentice georgiesarm is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by fitomad View Post
    I noticed that in the "Upcoming" section a the Stephen King official site the Salem's Lot movie release date is set to April, 21st. Is it the real release date? Or simply the website admin doesn't update the info?
    Simply not updated. That's the previously announced date, but WB has since taken it off the release schedule without announcing a new date. Likely because Evil Dead Rises opens on the same day

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The only inside info I have is that it's confirmed it won't be released during the first half of the year.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice georgiesarm is on a distinguished road

No chance in hell this film is going to be any good, but I've had my daubts since the writer/director was announced.

The leaked supposed plot summary also isn't too promising.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Disappointing...it's a cool, creepy story that fits nicely into the conventional film running time...is it that hard to do it right?

Country
    Country Flag

IDK if this is true or not but... SPOILERS

Spoiler:
    Apparently they were going to make this two parts but the first part did poorly in test screenings so they recut/reshot the film to make it self-contained and removed Barlow...? What a shitshow if that's true. Why did this even need to be two parts? I get that it worked for IT (probably why they did it) but that was a necessity. It's not the same as making it a miniseries that airs over two weeks, either.

My Collection

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Everyone's in love with doing a bad job.

A vampire movie without the vampire. Now that's a novel approach.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast