Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Outsider: new Stephen King novel out May 2018

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Mr. Mercedes Quadrilogy?

King was interviewed as part of the 2016 National Book Festival and mentioned he's working on a new book dealing with a Mr. Mercedes character:

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialSte...type=3&theater

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

On the NJ stop he mentioned possibly continuing Holly's character in another book or series.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And here is that interview on YouTube:

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm kind of tired of all the "Mr. Mercedes" stuff at this point. IDK why King seems to be so set on it.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

I agree, somewhat. I'd like him to do different things and looks like next year we'll get that with Sleeping Beauties. I believe he said so himself in the above interview that he's got maybe 10 good years left (I know we all hope it's much more than that), so I really hope we get some new classics in the next decade or so. I've really enjoyed the realist approach he's been taking with some his recent short fiction, and while he'll never be mistaken for Philip Roth or John Updike, I do hope we'll get some straight fiction novels from him.

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Outsider: new Stephen King novel out May 2018

http://collider.com/stephen-king-int...he-dark-tower/
    Can you talk about what you’re working on now?

KING: No.

[Laughs] Worth a shot.

KING: There’s a book done for next year and there’s a book I wrote with my son called Sleeping Beauties that’s out next month, and he and I are going to go on tour. It’s nice to be able to write a book with your son. He told me what to do and I did it. It’s a preview of the old folks home.
    Could be something brand new, could be the fourth Mr. Mercedes book that was mentioned earlier: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...des-Quadrilogy

Country
    Country Flag

Of course, best case scenario is that it's Talisman 3. I've gone over this before, but if it ever comes, it needs to be 2018 ("The Talisman Cycle"): http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...=1#post1023228

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How many more books do you guys think we can expect from King? He turns 70 soon.... getting up there for sure...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

He's not showing any signs of slowing down and I hope he doesn't. He may do more co-authored books, too, but I'm not sure if those are any easier than solo efforts. Could be more work. And King has stated a number of times he will essentially continue to write until his last days. There have been plenty of authors publishing new books in their 70s and into their 90s even.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Of course, best case scenario is that it's Talisman 3. I've gone over this before, but if it ever comes, it needs to be 2018 ("The Talisman Cycle"): http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...=1#post1023228
    We know that the Holly book is written, but we dont really know if they ever even started on TALISMAN 3, so I'd say that it's most likely to be the Holly one.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    How many more books do you guys think we can expect from King? He turns 70 soon.... getting up there for sure...
    Well the way he makes it sound he has a compulsive need to write so I think he'll still be putting out books for a while.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I don't like to think too much on that. It's a dark place for my mind to visit.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    We know that the Holly book is written, but we dont really know if they ever even started on TALISMAN 3, so I'd say that it's most likely to be the Holly one.
    I somehow missed that news! While I don't want a fourth Mr Mercedes novel* another novel based on Holly could be great. She was a wonderful character.

* I liked the Mr. Mercedes novels, and the fact Stephen King did something different with them (or at least he did in the first two as the third was more of the supernatural vein that he is known for. Again, not a criticism as I like that too,
    Spoiler:
    although my feelings on a certain character developing powers is mixed).
    . But I think as a trilogy that story is complete, and should not be extended. A story based on Holly would not necessarily be an extension of Mr. Mercedes however.

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...how/537371001/
    It’s one aspect of a busy time for King: The film adaptation of The Dark Tower is in theaters now, a new It movie debuts on the big screen Sept. 8, he starts a book tour next month with son Owen for Sleeping Beauties (out Sept. 26), and the elder King has another tome, The Outsider, coming soon.

Anything you want to spill about The Outsider?

Nope. Well, there’s a lot of things I want to say about that, but I can’t. It’s too cool to talk about right now. All I can say is it won’t be out in 2017 because I’ve got enough going on.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They also confirmed it to me in the meantime and the page should be up "soon"
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sounds mysterious. I like it. And totally could be referring to Holly.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Outsider... Dark Tower related.... I can feel it.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice NoAttitudeThisTime is on a distinguished road

Wasn't there a mysterious force in Bag of Bones that Mike Noonan called The Outsider? But I'm sure it will be the Holly book

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NoAttitudeThisTime View Post
    Wasn't there a mysterious force in Bag of Bones that Mike Noonan called The Outsider? But I'm sure it will be the Holly book
    I think you are 100% right (About "Bag of Bones")
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looking forward to what ever it happens to be. I like the idea of a Holly Novel, a Bag of Bones sequel, and of course anything DT.

King's still got some serious novelizing ahead of him (so we all hope right), but I'm willing to bet, much like Noonan, he has manuscripts stored away as well. Of which, I just have to believe is DT related.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    They also confirmed it to me in the meantime and the page should be up "soon"
    By "the page" do you mean some kind of product page or info page on King's website?
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Country
    Country Flag

My bad, I thought I was replying in the 1922 movie thread.
    I really dont know ANYTHING AT ALL about the outsider.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

He's not showing any signs of slowing down and I hope he doesn't. He may do more co-authored books, too, but I'm not sure if those are any easier than solo efforts. Could be more work. And King has stated a number of times he will essentially continue to write until his last days. There have been plenty of authors publishing new books in their 70s and into their 90s even.
    The man shits gold bricks each time a novel drops. Be crazy to "plug it up"
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.liljas-library.com/article.php?id=5847
    Some in the audience at Stephen & Owen's stop in Milwaukee reported that Stephen revealed that he has a new book done that's to be released in June called The Outsider. Stephen said it was about some southwest gentleman committing some murders. He also said there would be a character we would recognize...

Please note that this (specially the release date) is unconfirmed news.
    I'm hoping for a Southern Gothic type of thing with no supernatural.

Country
    Country Flag

We now have a date and page count:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1501180983/

June 5, 576 pages. And the synopsis:

From #1 New York Times bestseller Stephen King, whose brand has never been stronger, comes one of his most propulsive and unsettling stories ever.

An eleven-year-old boy is found in a town park, hideously assaulted and murdered. The fingerprints (and later DNA) are unmistakably those of the town’s most popular baseball coach, Terry Maitland, a man of impeccable reputation, with a wife and two daughters. Detective Ralph Anderson, whose son Maitland coached, orders an immediate and public arrest. Maitland is taken to jail, his claim to innocence scorned. Maitland has a foolproof alibi, with footage to prove that he was in another city when the crime was committed. But that doesn't save him either.

King constructs a propulsive plot, and a race against time to uncover the identity of a terrifying and diabolical killer who has left victims—and “perpetrators”—across the country, and who is on his way to his next horrific act.

King’s psychological suspense is at its most riveting in this extraordinarily dramatic and eerie story. He is devastatingly vivid on the experience of being falsely blamed—the effect on the accused, the spouse, the children; the suspicion of friends, even the most loyal; the impossibility of ever being innocent again (if you are lucky to enough to live). He is also masterful at showing us that supernatural monsters are startlingly like human beings who do monstrous things.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast