Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: Book Collection: Hunchback Jack

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Spam?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

spam indeed. reported
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Spam and eggs without the eggs.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

It’s been a while since I posted here. I’ve had a few recent additions to my King collection, thanks to members here.

First up are the UK 11.22.63 slipcases from Cemetery Dance. Included was a red letter version of the UK edition. I had the silver edition already.

“If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Every time I see something like this I have to run to my bookshelves to see if I have it -- red and silver???
    This time I breathed a sigh of relief!
    Nice picture!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those cases are sharp!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

It's been a very long time since I posted here; my King collecting has pretty much stopped. I've sold off a few items - gift editions, mostly - and pretty much ceased new acquisitions, apart from upgrading the condition of some of my existing unsigned items. I do have a wish list, but either those items are hard to find, or offered for more than I'm prepared to pay in the current market.

Nevertheless, there are a few items I've acquired that are worthy of note (to me, at least ).

Trade HC Later in Lividian slipcase, and Gwendy's Magic Feather slipcase from CD:

An assortment of trade editions:

The trade paperback editions of DT I-III are UK book club editions, by Guild Publishing and BCA. Not rare, by any means, but can be hard to find in this condition. The Gwendy's Final Task copies are simply the 2 trade variants from CD. The Mass market paperback of The Gunslinger is a later printing by Warner books, an edition I have only seen as a TPB. I don't know if it's rare at all, but I was pleased to find. it.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I don't think I've seen those Guild Publishing paperbacks before!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

I know what you mean - I'd been collecting UK King for a long while before I became aware of them.

There are quite a few UK variants of the first 3 volumes of the Dark Tower, with these covers. I know of the following variants (and own copies of the ones in bold):
    - Sphere published the original TPB for 1-3 and the MMPB for 1-2.
    - BCA and/or Guild published book club TPB editions of 1-3
    - Warner Books published the MMPB for volume 3, and reprinted volume 1 in TPB and MMPB and volume 2 in MMPB.

I suspect there may be TPB reprints of volumes 2 and 3 by Warner, but I've never seen any.

I like the above versions, specifically, because they use the same page layout/printing plates/files as the Grant first trade editions, and the TPBs have all the illustrations - even the book club editions. Of course, there are a bunch of NEL and Hodder paperback reprints of these volumes published after these, with different covers and contents.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Not rare ... or is it? UK Box set of The Stand and Christine from NEL.

I mainly bought this for the quality of the paperbacks inside, which don't seem to have any of the sun fading you often see with these editions. But the slipcase is kind of neat as well.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Those are great, I don't think I ever saw that set before.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

spaaaaaaaaaaaam
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14