Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: There are other worlds than these. – Explore The Dark Tower Connections

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default There are other worlds than these. – Explore The Dark Tower Connections

This is kind of cool.

Explore The Dark Tower Connections
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Gunslinger Apprentice Pere Jere will become famous soon enough Pere Jere's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default There are other worlds than these. – Explore The Dark Tower Connections

For those of you who have finished your journey to the Dark Tower or have done it several times I’m wondering how much you recommend reading tie in books during your first read through? I keep reading that Insomnia is one of the strongest tie ins but it’s quite a long book and I’m eager to finish the last two DT books.

Have any of you regretted not reading tie in books on your first journey? My feeling right now is leaning towards reading some of the short stories and novellas that tie in but then just finish books VI and VII and slot in the tie ins during my next read through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Currently looking for:
    ‘salem’s Lot (Illustrated), F/F

Future wishlist:
    Gunslinger, Grant 2nd, F/F
    DT II-IV, Grant 1st, F/F

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I would read the more important ones - Salem’s Lot, Insomnia, and Low Men in Yellow Coats. Maybe also Everything’s Eventual and Black House. It’s not absolutely crucial that you do, but it definitely adds context.

(I had “no choice” but to read the ancillary works, as I read them as they came out).

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

For those of you who have finished your journey to the Dark Tower or have done it several times I’m wondering how much you recommend reading tie in books during your first read through? I keep reading that Insomnia is one of the strongest tie ins but it’s quite a long book and I’m eager to finish the last two DT books.

Have any of you regretted not reading tie in books on your first journey? My feeling right now is leaning towards reading some of the short stories and novellas that tie in but then just finish books VI and VII and slot in the tie ins during my next read through.
    Back when I first read Insomnia I had no idea King had done tie-ins so I was stunned when I read it; I think I actually shouted out loud. After that I looked forward to finding other tie-ins, wherever they might show up. I wouldn't say you need to go out and read them first, but it sure makes it fun when you get the references. Easiest way to do it? Start at the beginning and read everything in the order they were published!
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Traveler Valuem has a spectacular aura about Valuem has a spectacular aura about Valuem's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Pere Jere View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I just finished the DT for the first time and I am in need of more and more fix haha. Last night I got Everything´s eventual. I will check Insomnia afterwards I had already read Salem´s Lot long time ago so that part is done.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread