Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best Movie Scene Tournament: Overall Event Overview

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Best Movie Scene Tournament: Overall Event Overview

So here it is everyone, the long awaited Best Movie Scene Tournament!

It may have taken us over 3 months to finalise the nominations, but with so many excellent movie scenes having been chosen, I'm sure the tournament will have been worth the wait!

Here's the structure:

Round 1: 32 groups of 8 movie scenes - top 6 move on
    Round 2: 32 groups of 6 movie scenes - top 4 move on
    Round 3: 32 groups of 4 movie scenes - top 2 move on
    Round 4: 16 groups of 4 movie scenes - top 2 move on
    Round 5: 16 groups of 2 movie scenes - top 1 moves on
    Octofinals: 8 groups of 2 movie scenes - top 1 moves on
    Quarterfinals: 4 groups of 2 movie scenes - top 1 moves on
    Semifinals: 2 groups of 2 movie scenes - top 1 moves on
    Final: 1 group of 2 movie scenes - top 1 is the winner

Note: each poll will be open for 7 days and any tiebreaker polls will be open for 4 days.

And here we go!

The complete list of official entries (seconded movie scenes):

The complete list of nominees (movie scenes not seconded):

The complete list of "Wild Card" entries:

"WILD CARD" ENTRIES

ROUND 1

ROUND 2

ROUND 3

ROUND 4

ROUND 5

OCTOFINALS

QUARTERFINALS

SEMIFINALS

THE FINAL

Last edited by T-Dogz_AK47; 10-21-2017 at 11:26 AM.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

With the final "Wild Card" entry poll now underway, I can confirm that Round 2 will officially start on Monday 10th July 2017.

For housekeeping purposes, the threads from Round 1 will be moved to a newly created sub-forum within the Past Tournaments area. Forum members will still be able to post comments when the threads are in that section.

Country
    Country Flag

Default Round 2

Round 2 of the Best Movie Scene Tournament will start shortly. Please be aware, that the movie scenes in Round 2 have been ranked according to their percentage received in the preceding round.

The groups have been seeded World Cup-style, from top to bottom, across 32 groups (in other words, from #1 to #32 seeded as first in groups 1 through 32, then #33 to #64, and so on).

So fasten your seatbelts, this shit is gonna ROCK!!!!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Round 2 of the Best Movie Scene Tournament will start shortly. Please be aware, that the movie scenes in Round 2 have been ranked according to their percentage received in the preceding round.

The groups have been seeded World Cup-style, from top to bottom, across 32 groups (in other words, from #1 to #32 seeded as first in groups 1 through 32, then #33 to #64, and so on).

So fasten your seatbelts, this shit is gonna ROCK!!!!
    Oh, that's sweet! Nice work.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice work indeed!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Round 3 will officially start on Monday 31st July 2017.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Round 3 will officially start on Monday 31st July 2017.

Spoiler:
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Default Round 3

Round 3 will start shortly. Movie scenes in Round 3 have been ranked according to their cumulative percentage received in the preceding two rounds, and the groups seeded World Cup-style, from top to bottom, across 32 groups of 4 scenes.

Please note that due to the high number of Tiebreaker polls in Round 2, and the risk of encountering another stalemate scenario whereupon a tiebreaker poll ends in a tie - I am officially introducing the "stated votes" rule for tiebreakers from this point on. For a "stated vote" to count during a tiebreaker, the post should clearly annotate a clear preference for one movie scene over the other.

There are 128 movie scenes left in the tournament. By the end of Round 3, there will be only 64 movie scenes remaining - so expect some difficult choices ahead....

Let the mayhem begin!!!!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

ahhh yeeeeaaaaaa booiiiiii

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Thanks for all your work on the tournament, Tim.
    Its been a lot of fun to participate in, and Im sure its been a lot of work to set up & run it!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah thank tim! I'm havin a blast!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, T-Dogz.

Here's an interesting tidbit. Matt hasn't posted on this website since April 28th. Really surprises me.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Thanks, T-Dogz.

Here's an interesting tidbit. Matt hasn't posted on this website since April 28th. Really surprises me.
    I was beginning to wonder if he was going to come back or not.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Thanks, T-Dogz.

He's busy with stuff regarding his book, but he's on Facebook all the time, so I'm not sure what's up. Everytime I try to ask him about DT.org he ignores me. It's odd.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Thanks, T-Dogz.

He's busy with stuff regarding his book, but he's on Facebook all the time, so I'm not sure what's up. Everytime I try to ask him about DT.org he ignores me. It's odd.
    Well good to know he is OK at least.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    Its been a lot of fun to participate in, and Im sure its been a lot of work to set up & run it!
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    My pleasure guys!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    My pleasure guys!
    Go easy guys. I might have to give Tim a raise.

Country
    Country Flag

Now that the final tiebreaker for Round 3 has closed, I can confirm that Round 4 will officially start on Monday 21st August 2017.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Now that the final tiebreaker for Round 3 has closed, I can confirm that Round 4 will officially start on Monday 21st August 2017.
    Why so long until starting?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Why so long until starting?
    The weekend is never a good time to start these things. Secondly, I am right in the middle of a house move.

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Good luck with the move!
    Thats a PITA job if there ever was one...

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Can't wait for the next round! I can already tell I'm going to have an anxiety attack choosing between some of these.

Country
    Country Flag

Default Round 4

Round 4 will start shortly. As before, the movie scenes in Round 4 have been ranked according to their cumulative percentage received in the preceding three rounds, and the groups seeded World Cup-style, from top to bottom, across 16 groups of 4 scenes.

There are now only 64 movie scenes left in the tournament. By the end of this round, there will be only 32 movie scenes remaining...

If you thought some of the choices in Round 3 were tough, you've seen nothing yet! Round 4 is about to go through the gears so buckle up - this shit is gonna be WILD!!!!

Let the madness begin!!!!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

One great scene that I just realized we completely missed was the bunker scene from Downfall. I know it's been memed to hell, but on its own it's a great scene. I meant to nominate it but forgot and just now remembered it...

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Just voted in all the round four brackets. That was fun! Hey, was the "We have to dock" scene from Interstellar ever nominated?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast