Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Please choose up to six

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Darth Vader goes full psycho - Star Wars: Rogue One (2016)

14 77.78%
  • Opening scene - A Clockwork Orange (1971)

10 55.56%
  • Star Gate - 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)

9 50.00%
  • Come and get your love - Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

9 50.00%
  • The Tango scene - Film: Scent of a Woman (1992)

7 38.89%
  • Church Shootout scene - Face/Off (1997)

6 33.33%
  • Opening scene - When a Stranger Calls (1979)

5 27.78%
  • The end of the fight - Rocky (1976)

13 72.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best Movie Scene Tournament: Round 1 - Group 3 of 32

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Best Movie Scene Tournament: Round 1 - Group 3 of 32

During the first round of The Best Movie Scene Tournament, please vote for up to six movie scenes you would like to move onto the next round. The top six movie scenes will be moving on. Keep in mind that the percentage of the vote a given movie scene receives will determine its standing going forward.

IMPORTANT! Please do not simply vote on name recognition (or lack thereof) alone. Please do watch each nomination and then make your choice. Even if you think you know a movie scene well, it's still worth watching for a refresher.

Please remember that his tournament is for Best Scene, not Best Movie.
    It's important to therefore judge each nomination on its individual merits and NOT by the entire movie.

The poll will run for seven days. Discussion is greatly encouraged!

The nominees are:

Darth Vader goes full psycho - Star Wars: Rogue One (2016)

Opening scene - A Clockwork Orange (1971)

Star Gate - 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968) *** WARNING: MAJOR SPOILER ***

Come and get your love - Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

The Tango scene - Scent of a Woman (1992)

Church Shootout scene - Face/Off (1997)

Opening scene - When a Stranger Calls (1979)

The end of the fight - Rocky (1976)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Two Kubrick scenes back to back, nice.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The one that made me the clic the fastest here? VADER GOES OFF....100%
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Three people did not vote for that Rogue One scene?

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

I havent seen Rogue One, yet.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    You don't have to. The idea is to judge each scene by its individual merits - not by the entire movie.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Captain T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    You don't have to. The idea is to judge each scene by its individual merits - not by the entire movie.
    That is what I am starting to do. Well
    Said brother

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Wait, is this the same 2001 scene as in Group 15?

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Group 15 has the Birth of the Star Child scene, with the correct video.
    This group has the same video, but the title of the scene suggests a different scene.

If i remember correctly, I nominated the Star Child scene, not the Star Gate sequence.
    No, I remembered incorrectly....

sk

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Group 15 has the Birth of the Star Child scene, with the correct video.
    This group has the same video, but the title of the scene suggests a different scene.

If i remember correctly, I nominated the Star Child scene, not the Star Gate sequence.

sk
    I'm at work at the moment but when I get the chance, I will go through the original nominations to see if the wrong video has been posted, or if it's a duplicate entry.

Country
    Country Flag

Here's the full scene (couldn't find the full thing in HD though):

My vote for it still stands.

Country
    Country Flag

Here's the original post nominating the "Star Gate" scene....

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Nomination #5

Scene: Star Gate
    Film: 2001 A Space Odyssey
    Director: Stanley Kubrick
    Year: 1968

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXS8P0HksQo
    The video clip nominated is the same as the one posted on this thread. It is listed as official entry #162 on the Google sheet.

The "Birth of a Star Child" scene that features the same video in Round 15, was nominated by Tommy much earlier and is listed as official entry #78 on the Google sheet.

I think Fernandito was attempting to nominate a different scene and posted the wrong video by mistake. If that is the case, I will simply swap the video clip for the correct one.

I would however, ask all members here that voted for the "Star Gate" scene to please post whether you want your vote to still count, or whether you would want to vote for something else, should the video clip be swapped over?

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Three people did not vote for that Rogue One scene?
    I almost didn't. I only did because of the last 10 seconds of the clip. Otherwise I prefer the beginning of a new hope.

Another comment, I know the rules say to watch the clips, but, when a stranger calls is over 24 minutes, and I am not investing that much time in a poll, so I had to pass on that. In general I think I will not rewatch the ones I am familiar with and only watch ones under 5 minutes (or maybe skim longer ones). Otherwise this is too much of a time waster.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed and the following movie scenes are moving on to the next round:

Darth Vader goes full psycho - Star Wars: Rogue One (2016) 77.78%
    The end of the fight - Rocky (1976) 72.22%
    Opening scene - A Clockwork Orange (1971) 55.56%
    Come and get your love - Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) 50.00%
    Star Gate - 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968) 50.00%
    The Tango scene - Scent of a Woman (1992) 38.89%

And the following are eliminated:

Church Shootout scene - Face/Off (1997) 33.33%
    Opening scene - When a Stranger Calls (1979) 27.78%

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Darn, sorry for getting back to y'all so late! Yes, I meant to post the scene that Pablo linked in his post.

Thank you both for resolving my f-up.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

This poll just reaffirms my decision not to go to church. At least 3 church shootout/fight scenes in this tourny (Face off, The Killer, Kingsmen). Then you got honorable mentions - baptism scene from Godfather, Jules and his bible verse from pulp fiction. I'M sure there are others. Seems religion can be bad for your health.

(insert tongue-in-cheek emoticon here)
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread