Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Will you read The Gunslinger and subsequent issues?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 62.79%
  • No, I'm dropping it after Jericho Hill

2 4.65%
  • No, I already dropped it

6 13.95%
  • I don't know/Other

8 18.60%
Page 12 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Tower Comics Series - General Discussion

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Curiouser and curiouser.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I sent Albert an email and got no response from him yet either. Maybe they aren't allowed to talk about it.

My Mood
    Gay

Hmmm, that might be it... but it's still a tad unusual. It's already been announced by Marvel that Jae won't be doing it...

...maybe something big is in the works ( hey, an original Jae Lee concept comic, or something... how cool would that be? ).

ETA : Actually, I thought I read someplace that he was already working on another comic and now I can't recall which it was. I'll have to check Wizard again, and see if that's where I read it.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Hmmm, that might be it... but it's still a tad unusual. It's already been announced by Marvel that Jae won't be doing it...

...maybe something big is in the works ( hey, an original Jae Lee concept comic, or something... how cool would that be? ).

ETA : Actually, I thought I read someplace that he was already working on another comic and now I can't recall which it was. I'll have to check Wizard again, and see if that's where I read it.
    Are you thinking the "Dead Irons" series, I know he is doing covers and he is listed as "art director".
    Last edited by turtlex; 03-12-2009 at 02:48 AM. Reason: fixed the quote - missing bracket

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I found this link to an interview with Robin Furth on Liljas's site:

http://www.marvel.com/news/comicstor...aign=rss_feeds

Much of it concerns Treachery, but there is a bit about The Sorcerer too. I'm particularly encouraged by this:

For a long time now I've had email exchanges with Steve King about Walter/Marten/Randall Flagg, and so SORCERER will contain some never-before-seen information about Walter's origins, all of it straight from the King himself! I think that this new information—I won't tell you what it is yet—really tells us more about Walter's deeper self; who he is and why he does what he does. And it also addresses [if he] is actually human.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, off-topic, but it's interesting to see a quirky little advertisement for an upcoming British comedy horror film on that site; 'Lesbian Vampire Killers'. Roll your pointer over the image of the hot girl if you dare.

My Mood
    Gay

Ah, yep. That's exactly what I was thinking of.... Thank you, kind sir !!!

....which could mean, perhaps he's not working with Marvel at all now.

Dead Irons is Dynamite Entertainment.

This is an interesting article/interview - because they talk about how Dead Irons looks very similar to the Dark Tower comics... Very Similar.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/1208...ead-Irons.html

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Pam-

525,600 minutes....1,000 sweet kisses..bohemia bohemia is fallacy in your head. This is Calcutta...bohemia is dead. I just ADORE Rent. I saw it in Chicago and NYC.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Gay

I love RENT.

Currently, the outgoing message on my answering machine is Mark and Roger saying "SPEEEEAK"

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I like Rent as well , I think I am up to about 34 times I have seen it, almost all from the 1st or second row which required waits in line as long as 24 hours (once 48 hours).

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I did get an e-mail from Jae overnight. He is sending me back some stuff and gave me a tracking number, but he didn't answer any of my questions about the changes with the Dark Tower. I replied and asked one more time, telling him that if he can't or won't answer, to just tell me..no worries.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Gay

Yeah, he's been so generous with the Haven Fundraiser and seems such a cool guy in general, if he's not responding to a specific question.. there likely is a reason.

Thank you so very much for asking for us, David.

Along the Path of the Beam Sai Farson is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    I did get an e-mail from Jae overnight. He is sending me back some stuff and gave me a tracking number, but he didn't answer any of my questions about the changes with the Dark Tower. I replied and asked one more time, telling him that if he can't or won't answer, to just tell me..no worries.
    Uhmm, but telling you he can't or won't answer is just about as revealing as answering the question itself. You're probably not endearing yourself to him by pressing the issue further.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

He's a great guy, came and let us crawl all over him at our Vegas convention.

I'm sure he's fine with David wanting to know, they are good friends.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    I found this link to an interview with Robin Furth on Liljas's site:

http://www.marvel.com/news/comicstories.7163.Dark_Tower~colon~_Last_Days_of_T reachery?utm_source=rss_new_news_feed&utm_medium=f eed_link&utm_campaign=rss_feeds

Much of it concerns Treachery, but there is a bit about The Sorcerer too. I'm particularly encouraged by this:

For a long time now I've had email exchanges with Steve King about Walter/Marten/Randall Flagg, and so SORCERER will contain some never-before-seen information about Walter's origins, all of it straight from the King himself! I think that this new information—I won't tell you what it is yet—really tells us more about Walter's deeper self; who he is and why he does what he does. And it also addresses [if he] is actually human.
    That is exciting!
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

My Mood
    Gay

Anyone seen this issue in stores yet?

When I checked this past weekend, my ( crappy ) comic book store didn't have any.

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I read somewhere that it would be in stores April 1.

Life is a garden...dig it!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Lilja's site has it as April 1.

John

My Mood
    Gay

Thanks, guys.

I will update the checklist and the listing with the new date.

I saw a couple for sale on eBay.... those must be pre-orders. Those sly foxes.

Traveler rubyraks is on a distinguished road

Actually the shipping date was pushed to April 8 (as well as the guide to gilead), see: http://previewsworld.com/public/defa...s=462&ai=80266

My Mood
    Gay

rubyraks - Welcome to the site!

And thanks for the update !

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    rubyraks - Welcome to the site!

And thanks for the update !
    Thanks for the warm welcome...actually been lurking for a while (years actually) and finally had something valuable to add...sadly it was a delay though...

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't be so long in joining in the discussions, rubyraks. I'm sure you can contribute some valuable insights.

John

loyal follower of Tiamat kirin is on a distinguished road kirin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

if sorcerer is a one off does anyone have any idea what the next arc is?

the next series is Dark Tower: The Fall of Gilead, which the first issue is due out on May 13.

And unfortunately, they just delayed sorcerer another week til April 15, but the Guide to Gilead is still scheduled for April 8.

Page 12 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast