Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Scenes You Would Like To See in The Dark Tower Movie *SPOILERS*

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Default Scenes You Would Like To See in The Dark Tower Movie *SPOILERS*

Well, it's been a long wait, Tower Junkies. From speculation over whether or not there would be a film, to who was going to direct it, to who would be cast. I think we can all agree it's been a pretty excruciating period of time. But now, with the release of the trailer, *most of us can breathe a little easier since we know there is definitely going to be a film. (*some of us, at least. Some will undoubtedly continue to be bitter about the film, taking to the web to pound away their grievances on a keyboard, but I digress).
    We all know by now that the film isn't going to be true-to-the-book, but I thought it would be fun to discuss moments/scenes/details that we would all love to see play out in the film.

(Mods, if there is a better place for this thread, please feel free to move it. )

So, everyone, please use this thread to geek out over those awesome things that we might get to see on the big-screen.

1. I would love to see the Slow Mutants.
    2. It would be epic to see the "vision" as the Man In Black shows Roland during their palaver - showing the scope and grandeur of the universe.
    3. Even though I kinda wish Jake's entrance into Roland's world would be like in the book (with the Man in Black pushing him), it looks like we may see him go via Dutch Hill, which means we may see The Plaster Man. It may sound morbid, but the scene of and leading up to Jake's death was written so beautifully - the way it pointed out every detail from the song playing, to the guy shouting - that I always thought it would be pretty neat to see that scene play out.

Okay, you guy's turn. Share what you'd like to see.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Well I got one of the big ones scratched off my wish list, which was the reloading trick

Slow mutants for sure. Top 3 favorite moments of The Gunslinger.

A glimpse of Cort, and a hint of Eddie/Susannah.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

That reload trick is badass. I was wondering how they'd show Roland's quick skills in the movie. Glad to see they did it so well.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I just want to see Roland in a modern gun shop.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I think chances are high this will happen. In the trailers I saw yesterday Roland is being examined by modern world doctors. Not too much of a stretch to picture him walking into a gun shop, especially after the first trailer where he specifically asks Jake about bullets in our world.

Traveler Keith1974 will become famous soon enough

My biggest disappointment about this movie was the elimination of Eddie, Susannah, and Oy, so I'd like to see some hint or indication that they're going to appear in a sequel (if it gets made).

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Counted five fingers. Just sayin'
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Role (character) swap between Flagg and Roland at end of movie.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I just want to see Roland in a modern gun shop.
    You will get your wish.

+ Reply to Thread