Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New film version of Firestarter

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Universal to remake Firestarter

http://www.firstshowing.net/2010/12/...s-firestarter/

Variety (via JoBlo) is reporting that Universal and the Dino De Laurentiis Company are teaming up for a brand new reboot of Firestarter, which was originally based on the 1980 Stephen King novel. The movie, which earned $17 million at the box office back in 1984, starred Drew Barrymore in another one of her very early roles as a girl with the ability to start fires at will. No sequels were made and plot details for the reboot are being kept under wraps, except that it'll be "loosely based on the original King book, but the main character is to be reinvented with a little more edge."

"We see this as a unique, character-driven thriller with a supernatural edge, based on a timeless concept and enhanced by recent visual effects advances," Martha De Laurentiis said. A girl being able to start fires is a timless concept? Okay. Anyway, the project was one of the last that legendary producer Dino De Laurentiis worked on before his death in November at age 91. "Firestarter has a great mythology and with Martha and Lorenzo's vision we believe the franchise can be extended in a new and exciting direction," said Uni's Debbie Liebling. Mark L. Smith (Vacancy, The Hole) is writing the script, but they haven't looked at directors yet.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I liked the original. They should leave it be.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Firestarter - Re-Boot

Apparently, Charlie will be ressurected:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/47739

Thoughts?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

No one interested? I thought that in light of the DT movie deal this was kinda telling, no?

Plus Charlie has to be one of my top three King Characters along with Roland (of course) and Danny Torrance. Followed closely by Jack Sawyer and Randall Flagg.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Hope it isn't special effects heavy. This movie would have been great five years ago when Dakota Fanning could have played the role. They need to get decent actors to get Rainbird and the father across.

I liked the original though, one of the few king horror adaptation I like...most are pretty bad.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

They were somewhat sketchy in the announcement about what they are planning to do with it except that they see it as a franchise and that Charlie will be edgier. To me that might indicate that they will only visit the events of the first movie as maybe a sort of "flashback". Making Charlie "Edgy" would seem to require building her character Post-Shop debacle so Rainbird, the Dad and the Shop director would all be dead. But I'm just guessing here. There is really no defnitive info in the announcement.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not diggin' the reboot. There are other works they could take on, this just seems like the wrong time. In regards to Dakota Fanning, she has a little sister who is starting to act.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL Damn you're good Pablo!!!! Fair is fair, Brice can you merge my thread into this one?

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...tarter-Re-Boot
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

uh why remake this? doesn't 'SK" have other books that could be movies? such as say "The Long Walk" ? numerous short stories. & so on. why remake a classic? since they are also remaking "IT" last i heard on that one why remake it? & shorten that one as well? it's just plain stupid if ya ask me

Gunslinger Apprentice Kidd Ikarus is on a distinguished road Kidd Ikarus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't understand how studios keep referring to sequels or reboots of movies made almost 30 years ago . . . And most that haven't even been optioned yet as a franchise . . . The "Firestarter franchise"? It was an adaptation of a book made in 1984. Just because some production company wants to remake it doesn't make it a franchise. At least not yet anyway . . . I'm sure if it does get made, they'll make 3 or 4 shitty sequels and probably a prequel for good measure afterwards.
    Are sins ever forgiven?

For those who loved this world... and knew friendly company therein. This Reunion is for you.

http://www.zazzle.com/Kidd_Ikarus*

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

well said well said. i think & i just thought of this actually. is that since they did a tv movie sequel some years back. which i actually liked. a lot of people didn't. they refer to that as a franchise. i love the comment made by "Rob Zombie" when he made the film "The Devils Rejets"

the studio's told him you are destroying the franchise by killing of the characters, he goes fuck the franchise i didn't write these movies to make a franchise i made these movies to tell a story. & it's one story. i think i read that on 'Fangoria" website some years back when that 1st came out. i

think it was? & the answer to your question is why do they keep going back to these films? the answer is simple & i think everyone here will agree with me, "Hollywood" has Run out of idea's yes they every once in a blue moon come out with something original this is true. but if it's a hit, they do countless sequels & bleed it to death. "halloween" for example SHOULD have just ended in (1998) when "H2O" came out.

nobody needed another "halloween" film. "Friday the 13" is another one they SHOULD have ended years ago as well. i would say "SAW" as well but to be fair that's really the only series that i can think of that tells one long story that has countless sequels. in that series there's sequels that are better than others. & all that.

kinda of how did we REALLY NEED what 12 or so or however 'Children of the corn" sequels? no i think not. i love the 1st one. i don't think i've seen any of the sequels cept the one that "David Carradine" did i even forget which one he did. that's also another that didn't NEED to be remade as well.

but than what do we know ya know?

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

San Francisco De California, Cusco, Peru, Peru
    My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Eyes of the Dragon and The Talisman. Otherwise stfu and gbtw Hollywood!
    Check out my website for all sorts of Crocheted Goods. Not your grandma's crochet http://www.etsy.com/shop/yeahsurewhatever and my FB Fan Page too: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pacifi...05080416199057

Gunslinger Apprentice Kidd Ikarus is on a distinguished road Kidd Ikarus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I did not know about the tv sequel . . . But I wholeheartedly agree with your comments about Hollywood. There is no originality left in that town anymore.
    Are sins ever forgiven?

For those who loved this world... and knew friendly company therein. This Reunion is for you.

http://www.zazzle.com/Kidd_Ikarus*

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

really? it came out in (2002) & this really isn't a spoiler but a plot, in the tv movie "Charlie" in the film has trouble keeping the fire under control.
    & it comes out at bad times like if she's horny. cause she's an adult in it. & "Malcom Mcdowall" takes over for "George C.Scott" you are asking how

is that character in the sequel if he was killed in the original film? "hollywood" look at "Donald Pleasence" in "Halloween 2" he was blown up with Michael both of them were

yet in Part 4 they both are alive & kicking. anyways it also aired on "The Scifi-Channel" well back when it was still a good channel & still called that. it i believe was a pilot for an option for a tv series. which never happend. to bad cause the films leaves you on a cliff-hanger. errrrrgh! & i believe 'Dennis Hopper" is in it as well. playing i think a good guy for a change in it.

John F. Kennedy CoolhandLocke is on a distinguished road CoolhandLocke's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ugh please don't remake this one, leave it be. As it's been said in the thread already there are other good works of his that deserve a shot...The Long Walk is the one I'm waiting for but i only want Frank Darabont to touch it, he has the right idea with what he wants from it..

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

well said. don't get me started on the 3,0000000000000 'Children of the corn Sequels' each one worst than the last. also wasn't "The Eyes of the dragon' SUPPOSE To be made by some company in Japan, not sure if it was going to be in english mind you.

but last i heard they were going to turn it into a cartoon of some sorts? CGI i think? bear in mind it's been a few years since i last heard anything.
    & i find it funny as hell that the "IMDB" still has 'The Talisman" on their list of fims for well (2011) & ups to the the next year each year to the current year. to my best of knowledge on that, "TNT" was going to do it but they cancelled it cause it would have cost to much money to make.

again it's been a couple years since i last heard that.

John F. Kennedy Blaine Is A Pain is on a distinguished road

Yeah, this idea for a remake does not sound good at all. I liked the original for what it was. The buy that played the dad was kind of dull but not to bad.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Blaine Is A Pain View Post
    Yeah, this idea for a remake does not sound good at all. I liked the original for what it was. The buy that played the dad was kind of dull but not to bad.
    Ummmm, Ok whatever you say!!!!!!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Could be good. Could be bad.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Blumhouse is behind it, so i'd say that it should be good.
    Although, MERCY was bad and I think they usually stick with a 5M budget
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hopefully they cast an actual Native American this time around for the role of Rainbird.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Hopefully they cast an actual Native American this time around for the role of Rainbird.
    Tom Cruise, comin' right up.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Country
    Country Flag

There was also this, a while back: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...to-Firestarter

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

With CGI the way it is I'm surprised it took this long to be remade.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast