Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: New film version of Firestarter

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Is this antivaxxer wank?
    No, but your rude response proves my point on how times have changed.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    Is this antivaxxer wank?
    No, but your rude response proves my point on how times have changed.
    When you said "the government would likely be saving the kid from dangerous parents who weren't capable of understanding the risks", what were you making reference to given that it was something that would have occurred after 2019?
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    I wonder if King had to do it over again in these times if he writes a book in which defiant parents try to protect their kid from the government? And the bad guy is a Native America etc. Just shows how much has changed since the book was written. If he wrote Firestarter today, the government would likely be saving the kid from dangerous parents who weren't capable of understanding the risks.
    I share your concern for his ability to consider certain topics without reflexively going down a certain road defined by his feelings about specific current events (I'm not recommending he ignore current events; I'm recommending he realizes he is writing fiction, as in "any resemblance to actual persons etc. is purely coincidental").

I'm not saying he can't do this; I'm saying I'm concerned (much of Elevation - which, on balance, I really liked - felt like it was focus-grouped by the people who advised him to back off his short-lived "the best movie should be the Best Movie" stance).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Is this antivaxxer wank?
    One man's "antivaxxer wank" is another's "antiauthoritarian commentary."

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here we go...
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Anyway:

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Zac Efron will be Andy McGee in ‘Firestarter’ Remake from Blumhouse
    ...I didn't even recognize Zac until like halfway through the trailer (a good sign, for me). I agree; he's not bad.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Please refrain from personal attacks based around politics and other issues. This is for discussing the upcoming film adaptation of Firestarter. Thank you.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Firestarter is one of those early King works that, I think, doesn't get quite the attention that the others get (I feel the same about The Dead Zone) and I'm glad to see it get what looks like a good update.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree, Firestarter is actually one of my favorites of the early King, that first decade or so, along with Cujo.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Firestarter is one of those early King works that, I think, doesn't get quite the attention that the others get (I feel the same about The Dead Zone) and I'm glad to see it get what looks like a good update.
    Two of my all time favorite King books. Looking forward to this update. The Dead Zone film for me is fine where it is. I hope a great update of Christine is around the corner.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I also like the Dead Zone film; nothing in it doesn't work.

As for Christine, I find the film a bit hokey (and therefore possibly in need of a good update), but then, I also found the novel a bit hokey, and since the movie matches, maybe we don't need another one (although I'm always curious to see what new filmmakers do with King).

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    I also like the Dead Zone film; nothing in it doesn't work.

As for Christine, I find the film a bit hokey (and therefore possibly in need of a good update), but then, I also found the novel a bit hokey, and since the movie matches, maybe we don't need another one (although I'm always curious to see what new filmmakers do with King).
    As long as it didn't become The Fast and The Furious 28, I think we'd be fine.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Please refrain from personal attacks based around politics and other issues. This is for discussing the upcoming film adaptation of Firestarter. Thank you.
    Yeah!! What, Mae said!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I just saw a trailer for this last night and had completely forgotten about it.

It's gonna be in theaters in a few weeks.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

And streaming on Peacock the same day

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The link doesnt work, but here it is :
    https://pitchfork.com/news/john-carp...w-song-listen/
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The trailer looked kind of promising but, then again most trailers do, don't they? lol We'll see soon enough I suppose.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    The trailer looked kind of promising but, then again most trailers do, don't they? lol We'll see soon enough I suppose.

Not so for the trailer my Uncle /daddy Tim and Auntie/ FWB Anna live in!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Looks like it's coming along well.

Gunslinger Apprentice ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i've actually never read all of Firestarter i dunno why i just haven't i love the (1984) film and consider it one of my favorte child hood movies. i've always wanted to know why he never put The Shop in pretty much anything else the only other thing i think that uses it is Golden Years (1991) i think it was used in maybe one or two more things but i can't really remember to be honest. The Dead Zone i think i think gets more attention than Firestarter part of it but not the whole reason is cause of the show. i have not seen the firestarter trailer yet my brother has seen it though and he thinks it looks like shit and has no intention on watching it.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ratchet41 View Post
    i've actually never read all of Firestarter i dunno why i just haven't i love the (1984) film and consider it one of my favorte child hood movies. i've always wanted to know why he never put The Shop in pretty much anything else the only other thing i think that uses it is Golden Years (1991) i think it was used in maybe one or two more things but i can't really remember to be honest. The Dead Zone i think i think gets more attention than Firestarter part of it but not the whole reason is cause of the show. i have not seen the firestarter trailer yet my brother has seen it though and he thinks it looks like shit and has no intention on watching it.
    IMO "The Shop" and "The Institute" are close cousins!! lol

TDZ may get more buzz but, the show didn't really shine for me I prefer the "Firestarter" film (and book). Ummm, you better put it close to the top of your reding list, mister!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

Just completed a re-read of FIRESTARTER in anticipation of the new movie. I think this is my fourth time reading it, and it's just as good as when I read it as a teen!
    ~Jonathan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast