Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: New film version of Firestarter

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like Zac a lot. This is good!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

He looks more the part than George C Scott.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    He looks more the part than George C Scott.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Great choice.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.thespec.com/entertainmen...zac-efron.html
    Zac Efron is coming to Hamilton.

The actor probably best known for playing Troy Bolton in the “High School Musical” trilogy from Disney will be in the city to film a remake of “Firestarter.”

Reports say the film from Blumhouse/Universal Studios will also be filmed in Toronto. The phone number for the production company is a Hamilton number. Shooting is expected to run between May 25 and July 21, says the government agency Ontario Creates.

“Firestarter” is based on the 1980 Stephen King horror/sci-fi novel. It is about a couple — Andy and Vicky McGee — who take part in a college medical experiment, gain telepathic powers, and then have a child, Charlie, who is pyrokinetic. A secret U.S. government agency known as The Shop seeks to imprison Charlie and study her.

The first film came out in 1984 and starred Drew Barrymore as Charlie. David Keith and Heather Locklear played her parents. The film also featured George C. Scott as assassin John Rainbird, as well as Martin Sheen, Art Carney and Louise Fletcher.

The remake will feature Efron playing Andy McGee. Michael Greyeyes, a Cree man from Saskatchewan who is featured in the new Ed Helm comedy series “Rutherford Falls” (Peacock/Showcase in Canada), will play Rainbird.

This is likely not Efron’s first time to Hamilton. He was in the musical “Hairspray” and it shot scenes at Queen Victoria Elementary School on Forest Avenue in 2006.

Since then, he has been in such other films as “Neighbours” (2014), “Dirty Grandpa” (2016) and “Baywatch” (2017).

Director Keith Thomas is planning on exploring other aspects of the novel.

“I’m excited about doing a different, a new adaptation of the book, and getting into some things the original film didn’t,” he told CinemaBlend in February.

Hamilton may also have another visit from Stephen King to see how filming is going. He came to the city to see filming of the miniseries adaptation of his 2011 novel “11.22.63” in 2015. The series starred James Franco.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is a somewhat bothersome statement to me.

“I’m excited about doing a different, a new adaptation of the book, and getting into some things the original film didn’t,” he told CinemaBlend in February.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    This is a somewhat bothersome statement to me.

It got my attention as well. For me, it depends on whether this means increasing (good) or decreasing (bad) the fidelity to the novel.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

First look at Ryan Kiera Armstrong as Charlie.

https://deadline.com/2021/06/firesta...le-1234768087/
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

She works so far. lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

If looks could kill

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    As it should. I am reading it for the first time and even though I haven't seen the movie in years,
    I can still picture the movie in my head. It will be interesting to see how this turns out.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks AWESOME!

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

NBCUniversal announced that Firestarter will release in both theaters and on Peacock May 13.

Country
    Country Flag

Like how they're using the font from the hardcover for the title!

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Looks like they took a few liberties, but still looks good.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm liking what I saw in the trailer. I don't mind different as long as it's done well.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

John Carpenter doing the movie score is interesting.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if King had to do it over again in these times if he writes a book in which defiant parents try to protect their kid from the government? And the bad guy is a Native America etc. Just shows how much has changed since the book was written. If he wrote Firestarter today, the government would likely be saving the kid from dangerous parents who weren't capable of understanding the risks.

Country
    Country Flag

He had an evil government book three years ago?

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    He had an evil government book three years ago?
    Still acceptable then. Not today.

Country
    Country Flag

Is this antivaxxer wank?

My Collection

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    John Carpenter doing the movie score is interesting.
    Yes it is.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast