Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Darkly dreaming Dexter

Au Naturale theBeamisHome is on a distinguished road theBeamisHome's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

aww man! and i have season one... just not with me.. its in jersey.. i've seen season one twice... i was supposed to buy season two too..

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

I've sat and watched the entire second season, then started over again. I've done this on more than one occasion.

Country
    Country Flag

Dexter is great..
    i miss him...

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

I can send you some spoilers if you'd like.

I was talking about Dexter at school last week, talking about my project "The Dexter Experiment", and my teacher must have heard me, because she gave me a bunch of articles of Dexter from some magazine yesterday

Country
    Country Flag

what's ur experiment?

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I saw a preview of the first episode of season three -- and it's going to be a good one, with a couple of more new crises for Dexter to deal with. The last line of the episode is a killer!

I just finished the third Lindsay novel. I wasn't terribly impressed with it. If I had been his editor, I would have advocated stripping out all the italicized "IT" sections and gone on from there. The core story was okay, but the supernatural aspects lead me to believe he's jumped the shark.

Quote Originally Posted by theBeamisHome View Post
    what's ur experiment?
    you'll see when it's done. no promise that it'll be any good though. ^_^

Country
    Country Flag

i felt basically the same way. i was kinda like "huh? that wasn't necessary." .... actually i hardly even remember what happened.. that's how much i rejected it

Gunslinger Apprentice MrQuint is on a distinguished road MrQuint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Don't forget, ladies and gentlemen, Dexter season three airs This Sunday!

I still can't get David Fisher out of my head when I see Dexter.

Country
    Country Flag

i really wish i hadn't left the rest of season two at Nigel's....
    Spoiler:
    stupid crazy ass bitch Lila burned down her fucking apartment to get Dexter to come to her. Gan, I hate her! and LaGuerta too! never have i been so blindsided. i really thought she had changed

anyways that's where i left off.

Country
    Country Flag

i finished it!!
    you cannot imagine my relief when
    Spoiler:
    Dexter finally killed that psycho bitch Lila. Ugh, i hated her from the first moment i saw her.. and Dexter kind of disgusted me while he was with her.

it was a great season...
    Spoiler:
    I am also glad to see Doakes gone.. now the only person i need them to get rid of is LaGuerta... Debbie made me like her more so i don't want her dead anymore

i can't wait to see what happens next.

not only was Lila
    Spoiler:
    a psycho bitch. personally, i think she was fuck ugly.

and
    Spoiler:
    Doakes dying kinda mad me sad. he was erratic, spontaneous, a real asshole, but he was cool, a good guy, and a really complex character. shame he had to die

Also
    (damn, lots of spoilers)
    Spoiler:
    Rita is Pregnant, so even if Dexter finally dies, they can continue the series. he has a heir

which i think would be a fucking awesome idea.
    you think he'll ever tell Deb or Rita what/who he is?

Country
    Country Flag

well in the books Deb knew and it didn't really ruin their relationship.. she can be whiny but i think she would still accept him. especially since she worshiped Harry and Dexter lives by the Code.
    and you know what, honestly in the last two episodes or so i did really start to get Doakes.. maybe even sympathize. but then i thought maybe he was just being smart.
    i've heard that people thought Lila was fugly and some that say she's beautiful... i hated the pouty lip thing... everytime they had sex i wanted to puke

hmmm... this makes me want to change my sig/av theme...

to a "Lila's a Fuck-Ugly Bitch" theme?

I was laughign me head off when Dexter was imagining how Deb would react if he told her.

Country
    Country Flag

if only!

no just Dexter in general.

and it would be Fugly Psycho Bitch... can't forget the psycho... it's crucial

true. if i wasn't so fixated on The Doctor, I would change my sig to a Dexter theme.

1. necropost
    2. finally catching up on season 1 of the TV series
    3. Been listening to Darkly Dreaming Dexter on audiobook, since the library doesn't have it. Is good, wonderful actually.

Mr. Unlucky educatedlady will become famous soon enough educatedlady's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I just started reading Darkly Dreaming Dexter and have Dearly Devoted Dexter waiting in the wings. Love the show and love the book so far.
    ♪♪No secret, no matter how nasty can poison your voice or keep you from joy ♪♪ -- Perfume Genius

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not someone to tell anyone to not read something...

That being said, avoid the 3rd book like the plague. This is a clear case where the TV show mythos diverged from the book mythos and for good reason.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Gris View Post
    I'm not someone to tell anyone to not read something...

That being said, avoid the 3rd book like the plague. This is a clear case where the TV show mythos diverged from the book mythos and for good reason.
    I have to agree with Gris.

I had the third book spoiled for me (though spoilers don't really bother me).

I will probably not even wind up reading that one because I really hate that thing to which Gris refers.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I started becoming disenchanted with the novels by book two, when he first started down a road with Rita's kids that I didn't care for. One of those rare cases of the TV series far exceeding the books.

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I started becoming disenchanted with the novels by book two, when he first started down a road with Rita's kids that I didn't care for. One of those rare cases of the TV series far exceeding the books.
    Agreed.

The TV shows doesn't touch on it AT ALL and it's a good thing.

That is just one of the reasons I'm not a fan of the latter books.

2nd at least had a decent "Dexter" plot. The 3rd book didn't even have that.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I disagree entirely. I love the books and feel pretty "meh" about the show.

I like the feel of the show, but it's gone off on so many sentimental tangents from the book. I prefer that in the book Dexter is devoid of emotion, it's much more realistic for a psychopath.

Yes, I wasn't really expecting Dexter In The Dark to take such a supernatural route, but y'know I stuck with Lost and King does it in most of his stories and I thought Lindsay made it work. I've pre-ordered Dexter By Design.

Traveler Bear is on a distinguished road

I didn't bother reading this entire thread and just wanted to give my opinion of the series that is Dexter.

I thought the series has amazing potential until the last book. When they brought in the 'Dark Passenger's orgins and all that supernatural cult shit, it kind of jumped the shark.

Anyone else feel the same about this?

Jeff Lindsay said that he is releasing the next book in September which is entitled Dexter by Design. The fifth volume is supposed to be released by 2011.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

On Amazon it looks like Dexter By Design is already out in the US: [ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dexter-Design-Jeff-Lindsay/dp/0752885170/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1250542177&sr=8-1"]Dexter by Design: Amazon.co.uk: Jeff Lindsay: Books[/ame]

I pre-ordered the UK edition and it's due for delivery 24th-26th August

As I said in my post above, I didn't expect the last book to take that route, I guess you could say he jumped the shark, but I still enjoyed it enough to keep reading.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast