Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: American Gods

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed the Mad Sweeney/Eissa episode, but kinda surprised they chose to stick it in right before the Season finale.

Can't wait to see more of Crispin Glover as Mr. World.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Loved the finale, hell loved the whole season!!!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Fantastic finale. Wednesday revealing his true name is probably among some of my favorite scenes from any show I've watched.

I find it interesting that they chose to go with such an apocalyptic approach at the end of its maiden season. Curious to see what the 'real world' ramifications of Easter's actions will be.

Now to wait a whole gd year for Season 2

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm finally getting around to watching S2. I was worried it would be a disaster about Fuller & Green left, but honestly I think I might be enjoying this season even more.

Did anyone else stick with it?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

S3 is out. Guess I'm the only one watching??

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    S3 is out. Guess I'm the only one watching??
    Nope. I'm watching and loving it
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Last episode was a little so-so imo. Still, overall I am enjoying this show immensely. I really like what they have done with the source material for the most part. Anyone else viewing this show?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll catch up to you, Bill. I'm still on Ep 3. Then I'll come back so we can discuss.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll catch up to you, Bill. I'm still on Ep 3. Then I'll come back so we can discuss.
    ^ Nice new avatar!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, I knew you'd like it

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, I knew you'd like it
    Yea, I especially like how the Ravens tie in with the DT series for a sort of double wham!!! lol

Ferny, I got to tell you. I am really fucking enjoying this series!!! When it first came out, I watched the first few episodes and then deleted it from my Tivo as being way the hell out there. However, after S2 I think I saw a post by you and maybe another that caused me to go back and give it another look and man, am I glad I did!!!

The way they have worked with the source material, and in my opinion, enhanced and presented it is just mind-blowing and for the most part brilliant!!! As with anything, every now and then they have a "clunker" of an episode, but overall it's just a great show and I will be sad to see it come to it's inevitable end. BTW, one of my favorite aspects of the show is those (lets see if I can explain this right) "Vignette's" about how the "Gods" came to be and came to America. Great stuff!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

No comments? No thoughts? I LOVE this show and the last episode was amazing!!!! You know, in most cases I don't appreciate diversion from the source material, but with this show they have really ran with it and made it greater than the book. The visuals? Fucking AMAZING!!!!!! This is a very under-rated show indeed!!!!

Only a couple episodes left in this season!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm still stuck on episode 4 Bill (too much content is driving me nuts!)

It'll take me at least a month or so to get caught up

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm still stuck on episode 4 Bill (too much content is driving me nuts!)

It'll take me at least a month or so to get caught up
    Well, get to work, bitch!!!! LOL J/K This is such a great series I will be sad indeed when it ends which I am assuming will be the 5th and next season if the book is any indication. I'd love to see, Gaiman re-visit this or, has he and I am not aware?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

:radioactive: American Gods: Gaimans' Mythology BEWARE SPOILERS!!!

If this thread needs to be merged go right ahead. I started mainly because there should be lots of spoilers for the show.

I love this show and thoroughly enjoyed the book as well. I have a "working" knowledge of some classic mythology, but I'm very curious about any information provided by, Gaiman as to his thought process for utilizing and integrating the Gods in the material. I realize its a work of fiction but, I know there are dedicated, Gaiman fans here and was wondering if there is info from interviews, etc in which, Neil expanded on the story/theory.

For instance, what was his theory for making, Wednesday the "Supreme" Old American God? What exactly does, Mr. World represent? Where did the "Donar" story come from both in the show and overall? Shadow, is "Thor" correct? Why isn't "Loki" represented? What was the impetus for choosing, "Ibis", "Bilquis" and "Anansi"?

I just completed a rewatch of the first 3 seasons and I guess the whole, "Thor" question is what nags at me the most. Did I miss some obvious clues? Is there room for discussion or different takes on the plot so far? Can't wait for season 4 which should be a wild and critical season if not the series final season. if anyone has heard anything about S4 please share!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

The word "Wednesday" comes from "Woden's day", Woden being the old English name for Odin, King of the Norse Gods. I suppose he may be the oldest of the American Gods because he was the first to appear in America given early Norse settlement in the 10th century? If I recall correctly, Gods appear as the result of people's belief in them, so that would make sense?
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    The word "Wednesday" comes from "Woden's day", Woden being the old English name for Odin, King of the Norse Gods. I suppose he may be the oldest of the American Gods because he was the first to appear in America given early Norse settlement in the 10th century? If I recall correctly, Gods appear as the result of people's belief in them, so that would make sense?
    Yeah, I agree that's what I was thinking as well but, there was a couple of lines in the show they never expanded upon concerning, "being bound to these shores". What lore/rules are in place that preclude the God from going where ever he or she is worshipped? That phrase also applied to a few other select "American Gods" if I am remembering correctly.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Didn't realize they (Starz) cancelled this show. Bastards!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Didn't realize they (Starz) cancelled this show. Bastards!!!!!!!
    Pretty abrupt ending to the series. Lot of great stuff was due up next. This sucks!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2