Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: American Gods

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default American Gods

Huge fan of the novel. Huge fan of Neil Gaiman.

Can NOT wait for this.

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am looking for to this as well and am very excited to chat with Neil about it tomorrow night at the meet and greet.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Traveler Philzilla is on a distinguished road Philzilla's Avatar

Just bought the novel, the show looks really interesting, glad I have Starz.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Philzilla View Post
    Just bought the novel, the show looks really interesting, glad I have Starz.
    Awesome. It's going to quickly turn into one of your favorites. Make decent headway before the show so certain events don't get spoiled for you!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

On my Tivo!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Oh man, I didn't even pay realize that's "Lincoln" from The 100. His character made a rather abrupt departure from that show. This explains it.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone else watching Ep. 1? That was fucking awesome.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post

Yep. We're off to a good start!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I missed it, but look forward to catching it soon. Glad to hear it was a good start.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Yep. We're off to a good start!!!
    What did you think about that scene? Lol.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I assume you're talking about, Belquis. It came off a little cheesy, not as graphic as in the book. However, IDK how else they could have done it for TV, even cable. lol

Do we need "spoilers" in the title?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Should I watch it? You recommended Preacher to me last year and I ended up really enjoying it.

I actually started reading American Gods on a plane in 2010. It was going to be my vacation book. I never finished it for no reason in particular.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I loved the first episode... I really think this could be great!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed it, but do wish they'd slow it down a notch. It felt very fast and trying to cover too much in a short time. Also, since there is so much great detail in the story I hope they don't go too action and gore focused. There is a lot of greatness to this story that can be captured. I look forward to the next episode and see how it evolves.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yesterday's episode was another good one. That Anubis prologue might be my favorite of the 'Coming to America' vignettes thus far. I think it sets the stage for two things 1) an ominous foreshadowing for those who fail his scales test, and 2) a pensive meditation of what will happen to those who "follow the wrong god".

Shadow coming to terms with the fact that his belief has tangible, real life consequences so long as he is with Mr. Wednesday means he will shortly be on board with everything.

Also, that sexy time scene yesterday was visceral enough to make Game of Thrones blush lol.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Yesterday's episode was another good one. That Anubis prologue might be my favorite of the 'Coming to America' vignettes thus far. I think it sets the stage for two things 1) an ominous foreshadowing for those who fail his scales test, and 2) a pensive meditation of what will happen to those who "follow the wrong god".

Shadow coming to terms with the fact that his belief has tangible, real life consequences so long as he is with Mr. Wednesday means he will shortly be on board with everything.

Also, that sexy time scene yesterday was visceral enough to make Game of Thrones blush lol.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Crispin Glover killed it as Mr. World!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Im losing interest... sorry there is too much to watch and this just isn't cutting it for me
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm loving the show more and more every week! Mad Sweeney is my absolute favorite!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I love Gillian Anderson.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Gillian Anderson is absolutely phenomenal.

I also like the increased role of Laura Moon vs her book counterpart.

Country
    Country Flag

This show is starting to trail off for me. I'm still behind some shows, but I'm not sucked in. Not sure what it is, I just watched the 4th episode Git Gone, the backstory of Laura and Shadow and my goodness did it seem to drag. Please tell me it picks up speed again.

WTB:

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinJack View Post
    This show is starting to trail off for me. I'm still behind some shows, but I'm not sucked in. Not sure what it is, I just watched the 4th episode Git Gone, the backstory of Laura and Shadow and my goodness did it seem to drag. Please tell me it picks up speed again.
    Totally agree. They are trying far to hard to be.. I don;t know.. different? Out there? I have two to watch to catch up. I may or may not keep going with this show
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm still digging it, but kinda surprised the finale is almost upon us already.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast