Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Would you buy it?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd buy it without question.

32 91.43%
  • I'd see what others are saying then buy it regardless of what people were saying.

0 0%
  • I'd buy it if I had heard that it was good from sources I trust I would buy it.

1 2.86%
  • I'd buy it but if I didn't like it I'd likely stop there.

2 5.71%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What if King wrote The Dark Tower VIII *end of series spoilers*

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    hmmm, i might just need to quote you, All_Hail...

"It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

you know if you don't win the necklace, i might just buy another one for you, all fo special like

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I would, no doubt

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Would I buy an eighth full DT novel? Hell yeah! Do I think it will ever happen or is really needed? Hell no! Like Maerlyn said above we've got the great new Dark Tower stuff coming in the comics. Man, March can't get here fast enough.
    Absolutely.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    you know if you don't win the necklace, i might just buy another one for you, all fo special like
    Oh thats sweet of you, but theres really no need for that. Hey, I noticed my quote is gone...have I fallen out favor?
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Without hesitation.

However, we don't need another book though. Comics and a potential follow up to Black House is all I need.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default What if King wrote The Dark Tower VIII *end of series spoilers*

How would you feel if a hypothetical situation gave itself out, and Stephen King went ahead and wrote The Dark Tower VIII? Would you pick it up? Would you cry out in frustration because VII is the only ending?

Well, let's hear it!

Traveler Madagascar is on a distinguished road

Wait, VIII is 8 right? I suck at Roman Numerals.

Kind of on the fence, though. He made a big deal about he was a close to a happy ending as he could get, to leave the series with that one thought in your head...it seemed very final. I'd read it, but I'm afraid it'd spoil the ending of DT7, I love how open SK left it. Time will tell, I guess.

EDIT: Any source?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, VIII is 8

Great answer. Me, personally, I'm a sucker for closed, "happy" endings, so I'd pick this up and devour it with rabid euphoria.

Thanks for responding!

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is this meant to be humorous, or are you basing this on something?

I only ask because I fear that without any basis for conversation it might be deceiving to less-informed members.
    Heng Dai

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

No, Aaron , it is not meant to be humorous. I'm just asking how people would react to a hypothetical (albeit extremely unlikely) releasing of a 'final' installment in the DT series.

*edit*

I apologize for the confusion. I'll rewrite my initial post and ask a mod to revise the title of the thread so as to avoid further turmoil.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Alright, I edited my first post.

Whichever mod has power in this forum : Can you please change the title of the thread to "What if King wrote The Dark Tower VIII"?

Thanks!

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

i don't see why it needed to be changed....

anyways, If King did write it, I'd read it happily, yet lie and say I didn't, and then rabidly argue with anyone who said they did.

"VII IS the end, dumbass!"
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Along the Path of the Beam childeluke is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBlaze View Post

anyways, If King did write it, I'd read it happily, yet lie and say I didn't, and then rabidly argue with anyone who said they did.

Agreed...however I wouldn't mind seeing some more books set in mid-world or offshoots there of.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

yeah we talked about that in a different thread
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Citizen of Gilead ATG is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Wishes this was a poll.

Fooin' ay I'd be into it.
    "The Constitution shall never be construed....to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms" (Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87)

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes to both.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post
    Yes to both.
    Would you mind elaborating a little, Ruth? I like hearing what you gotz to say

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks.

Sorry for the brevity.

I'm probably going to embroider that observation, but right now I'm in a bit of a mental fugue so I think I'll just take some OTC decongestants and call it a night.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

and i'm sure DT-8 would come with a 25 page foreword warning us "don't read this, i had to write it but don't read it, please don't read it, seriously, you don't want to read it, but it is there, you can read it, just don't read it."

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post

and i'm sure DT-8 would come with a 25 page foreword warning us "don't read this, i had to write it but don't read it, please don't read it, seriously, you don't want to read it, but it is there, you can read it, just don't read it."

Roland would have understood.

My Mood
    Breezy

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd buy it without question. I'm a junkie.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Since we're on a DT-thread Bump-A-Thon...

*bump*

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

great thread, Feevie. I edited the title a bit as some of the earlier posts discuss the ending of DT VII.

as for an eighth and final final book...I don't think king could do it in one book. I think the do over would include an introduction of many new characters and would need another three to four books at least to go through the next full loop.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast