Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Would you buy it?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd buy it without question.

32 91.43%
  • I'd see what others are saying then buy it regardless of what people were saying.

0 0%
  • I'd buy it if I had heard that it was good from sources I trust I would buy it.

1 2.86%
  • I'd buy it but if I didn't like it I'd likely stop there.

2 5.71%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What if King wrote The Dark Tower VIII *end of series spoilers*

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Would you buy it...

Even with my lukewarm opinion of the last three books I would still buy an 8th book in the series. I think most of us would. But would you hesitate? Would you get a general consensus from critics, communities like this one, or from a friend before making the decision to buy that next book?

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Are you talking about an 8th book of the Dark Tower series?

Hell yeah we would buy it. I'd hate to speak for everybody here, but I'm pretty sure we would be all over an 8th book despite what some may think about the last 3 (which were fine in my opinion).

This is Dt.com, would expect anything less?

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

The poll has no choices for not buying it at all. I'd buy it too. But I had to think about it. Its not whether or not you would buy it that I'm really questioning. I just want to know if you'd get other opinions first.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I'd probably read it out of curiosity, but I'd be disappointe dif he wrote another one.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cozener View Post
    The poll has no choices for not buying it at all. I'd buy it too. But I had to think about it. Its not whether or not you would buy it that I'm really questioning. I just want to know if you'd get other opinions first.
    Oh, I see.

That being said, the only options I see would be if I should run or sprint to my nearest book store.

I suppose I could think about inventing some kind of teleportation device, but by the time I researched, bought the equipment and developed the skill to pull off such an endeavor, I could have just driven my car.

Citizen of Gilead TerribleT is on a distinguished road TerribleT's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    That being said, the only options I see would be if I should run or sprint to my nearest book store.
    Well put!!!!!
    It's stressful being an other. ~ Juliet

I believe there ought to be a Constitutional Amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. ~ Crash Davis

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

There already is an 8th book...its called The Little Sisters of Eluria.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn't like to see a 8th book at all but if it existed I couldn't help.. I would buy it immediately.

Roland would have understood.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    There already is an 8th book...its called The Little Sisters of Eluria.
    Good answer Matt.

I also agree with what Letti said. I don't think there needs to be another book, but if there were one I would obviously feel compelled to read it.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn't want him to do another book, but if he published the DT XXXVII I'd be at the book store a week early waiting on it.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I wouldn't want him to do another book, but if he published the DT XXXVII I'd be at the book store a week early waiting on it.

Roland would have understood.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

I'd love to see more of the tangents filled in and expanded on. I'd love to know more about what happened to Roland leading up to Tull etc...

I believe there ought to be a Constitutional Amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. ~ Crash Davis

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    I wouldn't like to see a 8th book at all but if it existed I couldn't help.. I would buy it immediately.

same here, Letti.

I want see more comics not an 8th book.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

There ALREADY IS an 8th book! LIKE I SAID!
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

A short story is not a book.

If you rescue me

Novella...short story...etc. Still its an eighth chapter (albeit small) in the Dark Tower saga.

Would I buy an eighth full DT novel? Hell yeah! Do I think it will ever happen or is really needed? Hell no! Like Maerlyn said above we've got the great new Dark Tower stuff coming in the comics. Man, March can't get here fast enough.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok then, you picky fucker. Lets just say its a book that comes after the last book and it starts with "The desert was the apotheosis of all deserts..."

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Ok then, you picky fucker. Lets just say its a book that comes after the last book and it starts with "The desert was the apotheosis of all deserts..."
    I think it's pretty clear from the poll results that all of us would feel the compulsion to read anything else SK published about the DT/Roland, be it a short story, a 10,000 page novel or a trading card. The real question is, do we need another novel? I agree with Letti & Maerlyn that the answer is no.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

me too!

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Country
    Country Flag

I need another. I wanna know a lot more about a whole lot of things

I'm not picky, but I'm definitely a fucker.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

hmmm, i might just need to quote you, All_Hail...

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Citizen of Gilead ATG is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I would, and it seems like that window is open.
    "The Constitution shall never be construed....to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms" (Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast