Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Autonomous sensory meridian response

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Autonomous sensory meridian response

ASMR

This can get really odd...very odd!

But if you can find your own triggers there are many good You Tube videos.

I use it for sleep...in place of the traditional sound spa.

Be forewarned... some can get REALLY weird!

I had to wade through a virtual sea of videos to identity my personal sleep triggers but It was well wort it!

What did I find? A lot of creepy whispering and role play videos but I did finally find my personal triggers.
    But please be discerning. While I found several videos with my triggers, a few kept me trapped in stage 2 of non-REM sleep...so be prepared to search about.
    This may be NSFW as there are a lot of sexual videos you may run into.

Those who know me..even of my musical taste won't be surprised that I an partial to the human voice only... but there are many other sounds available.

I hope this helps someone else.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I've gone to sleep a few times while having a video on of some gorgeous girl whispering dirty things. Incredibly relaxing.

Not even joking or trying to be funny. That's what works for me, lol.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Autonomous sensory meridian response

ASMR

This can get really odd...very odd!

But if you can find your own triggers there are may good You Tube videos.

I use it or sleep...in place of the traditional sound spa.

Be forewarned... some can get REALLY weird!

I had to wade through a virtual sea of videos to identity my personal sleep triggers but It was well wort it!

What did I find? A lot of creepy whispering and role play videos but I did finally find my personal triggers.
    But please be discerning. While I found several videos with my triggers, a few kept me trapped in stage 2 of non No-REM sleep...so be prepared to search about.
    This may be NSFW as there are a lot of sexual videos you may run into.

Those who know me..even of my musical taste won't be surprised that I an partial to the human voice only... but there are many other sounds available.

I hope this helps someone else.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Ya man... many triggers.

Don't feel shy.

I don't like whispers because they require headphones or ear buds. each is uncomfortable but the whole stereo thing is cool.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

The whir/hum of machines sometimes does it for me. A ceiling fan or hearing a mumbled TV from the next room. A running dishwasher or washing machine/dryer. My dehumidifier or the very subtle noise of my central air working. I must have total darkness to sleep in as well. No TVs (even though the sound might help) or any other electrical devices allowed in my bedroom, which, I keep darker than a cave. I have extreme sensitivity to light. So basically, what I imagine it must have been like in the womb. Unfortunately, each morning is like being born all over again.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I just usually fall sleep watching something, usually a sitcom. other than that I like to listen to piano music. I particularly enjoy listening to the Final Fantasy 8 piano collection. I am not sure if it is the music itself, the fact they got a really damn good pianist for this collection (it's by far the best), or the music just really suits the piano, but I love it. I'll listen to all kinds of instrumental music though, but I like piano most for the simplicity of hearing only one kind of sound.

Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I enjoy bagpipes and classical piano and guitar...but there must be no other instruments or vocals.

But one day, as I was drifting off to Bob Ross, I noticed how it was not JUST his voice that soothed me but the sounds of the brush on the canvas and his knife on the canvas...it got me thinking and searching about on You Tube.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

piano for bears

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Japanese flute & koto (zither) music is very soothing. Ive enjoyed 'spa' music on Spotify that has nature sounds mixed in with the instruments.
    I love the sound of waves...to me its like an aural sedative.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

both japanese flute and koto work for bears too, as well as some other strings or winds; but never, never, never - bowed strings. No violins or cellos for bears! works just the opposite way, setting teeth on edge

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Brian Eno - Neroli

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

My biggest ASMR trigger to date is a distant carpet cleaner (The Stanley Steamer van at a neighbor's house.) I have heard this three times in my life and have been taken to heaven each time.