Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 645 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 113 163 563 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 16105

Thread: Suntup Editions

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    If you love books, just remember that any future Suntup book is going to be amazing, whether it's SK or not.
    This. + 1

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    My EOTD portfolio arrived yesterday and WOW. How had I not heard about the napkin before?
    I thought that was a very clever move. I almost mentioned it several times in this and other threads but (1) I wasn't sure if that was a limited item or if it came with all books, and (2) it's such a great surprise!

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    My EOTD portfolio arrived yesterday and WOW. How had I not heard about the napkin before?
    I thought that was a very clever move. I almost mentioned it several times in this and other threads but (1) I wasn't sure if that was a limited item or if it came with all books, and (2) it's such a great surprise!
    The napkins are included in all the portfolios but the embroidery is green for Lettered and black for Numbered.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

You mean to tell me that you didn't watch my unboxing video?

"One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

Very nice job sharing the unpacking. Thanks Br!an

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I still think my video was pretty cool...

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I think that one won an Oscar.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I think that one won an Oscar.
    If it did, it wasn't for the acting...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it was for the editing.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Now that you mention it Your video was full of dramatics and well done.... nicely edited.... overall quite a production..

I appreciated seeing Br!an's video today as my box has sat unopened since it's arrival last week building anticipation while waiting for appropriate space and time to delve in.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Paul, is there anything you can tell us about the Barry moser print for the lettered edition of misery? Aka, how you got him involved, subject matter and/or any details about the print, etc.? I admit to general ignorance of his work prior to your announcement of the S/L misery, but now that I’ve started looking into him a bit, I find that I like his work very much
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks a lot Brian for sharing it! That's pretty cool for those that didn't get it
    Hope you ordered a lettered MISERY as i'd love to see an unboxing for it !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Gunslinger Apprentice Dr. Dawg is on a distinguished road Dr. Dawg's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

Thanks a lot Brian for sharing it! That's pretty cool for those that didn't get it
    Hope you ordered a lettered MISERY as i'd love to see an unboxing for it !
    This inspired me to open my own copy last night. I had good luck opening the paper wrapper at just one end and sliding the portfolio out that way- I think I got it back together pretty close to how it was shipped. I really enjoyed the intro, afterword, and even the colophon (which pointed me back to appreciate the drop cap illustrations). I didn't realize that the Palladini biography was also signed and number, and I think that is a nice, unexpected touch!

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    Paul, is there anything you can tell us about the Barry moser print for the lettered edition of misery? Aka, how you got him involved, subject matter and/or any details about the print, etc.? I admit to general ignorance of his work prior to your announcement of the S/L misery, but now that I’ve started looking into him a bit, I find that I like his work very much
    You can see an in-progress photo of the wood cut on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/suntupediti...type=3&theater
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Anthony, thanks for asking this. So much to be said about this piece, and Moser's involvement. I knew very early on that I wanted to include a woodcut in this edition. I love the artistic style of wood engravings, and also that it is one of the most ancient forms of printmaking. You can read more here if you haven't already: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wood_engraving, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodcut.

Barry Moser is a master of this art form, and one of the most celebrated. His works have been displayed in such places as the British Museum, the Metropolitan Museum, Harvard, and the Library of Congress. Look up the illustrations he did for Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass, or just Google him, and take a look at the engravings he has done in his career. Amazing when you consider these are engraved into a block of wood.

So I contacted Barry way before the book deal was approved, and told him what I had in mind. We had a few more discussions, and he agreed to do it.

I gave him complete creative control and provided almost no direction. I wanted this to be a Barry Moser piece, without any input from me. When he sent me the 1st rough sketch, I made no changes, and the finished piece is perfect. I absolutely adore it.

It is letterpress printed on a semi-handmade Japanese paper called Kitakata, and is tipped into the book on the page facing the title page, which is the traditional placement for a frontispiece. The Arches paper of the book creates a visual frame around the buff colored Kitakata, and the result is very striking.

Here is another picture of him working on it, and then the final piece.

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Fascinating! So much adventure in all that goes into your creations. It’s fun to watch each edition evolve.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

"HATS OFF TO PAUL!" Words can not express how EXCITED I am about this project.
    Spoiler:

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    "HATS OFF TO PAUL!" Words cant not express how EXCITED I am about this project.
    Spoiler:
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

No - keep that hat where it is please...
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

That engraving is awesome and also spot on! I can see why you opted to make no changes. I had been wondering if he would do a portrait of King for the frontispiece, since he does a lot of portraits, and I'm glad to see that he went with an image related to the story, and such an iconic one at that! The wood engraving process is incredible in general, it seems like it's kind of where the world of sculpture and the world of drawing meet for coffee before going their normally separate ways It complements the edition on multiple levels.

Fantastic stuff! Thank you for sharing I've been poking around the internet looking at Moser's work, he's incredibly talented. I especially like the engravings he did for Mark Twain's Book of Animals. So finely detailed.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

SUNTUP LIKE ROY HOBBS....

"HAVE KNOCKED IT OUT OF THE PARK!"

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have now! I promise to never forsake you again Brian. It wasn't intentional and you did a fabulous job

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

1250 Gift Editions and 90% sold out Suntup is reporting today.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    1250 Gift Editions and 90% sold out Suntup is reporting today.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

[QUOTE=zelig;1098591]

Man, that warms my heart. That is incredible.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 645 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 113 163 563 ... LastLast