Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 557 of 645 FirstFirst ... 57 457 507 547 555 556 557 558 559 567 607 ... LastLast
Results 13,901 to 13,925 of 16105

Thread: Suntup Editions

Gunslinger Apprentice burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Got my shipping notification for the Heinlein AE's. Super stoked to add this to my Suntup shelf!
    ISO DT I-IV #101, rage,Suntup Press Horns, Rosemary's Baby and The Road w/designation #239

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Mine too. Looks like I am looking at the 7th of April. Very excited to keep filling in my shelves as well.

Gunslinger Apprentice Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all

Country
    Country Flag

If anybody is interested, here's my very first Suntup remarque!

https://youtu.be/EuQ1j17BvrA

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Splync View Post
    If anybody is interested, here's my very first Suntup remarque!

https://youtu.be/EuQ1j17BvrA

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I'm also planning to reread the two Heinleins when they arrive - or maybe not too long thereafter. My goal has been to read (or reread) every Suntup publication in announcement order (interspersed with other titles to taste). I'm only up to Nineteen Eighty-Four, so I have a ways to go, but I hope to be "caught up" by the end of the year (depending how many announcements there are this year).

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Gunslinger Apprentice Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I'm also planning to reread the two Heinleins when they arrive - or maybe not too long thereafter. My goal has been to read (or reread) every Suntup publication in announcement order (interspersed with other titles to taste). I'm only up to Nineteen Eighty-Four, so I have a ways to go, but I hope to be "caught up" by the end of the year (depending how many announcements there are this year).

HBJ
    Now you're just challenging Paul to up the book count, haha!

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Splync View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post

HBJ
    Now you're just challenging Paul to up the book count, haha!
    No! Then I'll never catch up! And may have to give up my seat on the numbered train, as well!

I have to say, I'm *really* looking forward to rereading Neuromancer. I see it getting closer in the Suntup TBR queue, and cannot wait. I can't remember when I last read it, but it would have to be 25 years ago at least. I'm planning to read the two sequels as well, before moving onto The Auctioneer. I do love me some Gibson.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

I really hope that Paul gives the other two titles the Suntup treatment. Especially Count Zero!

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

A lot of AE's are going to be shipping so close together. Love it when it works out that way.
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by GenericEric View Post
    A lot of AE's are going to be shipping so close together. Love it when it works out that way.
    Just got the Have You Moved? email for the numbered edition of 1984.

This is attempted murder by overdose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gunslinger Apprentice BrewMeister is just really nice BrewMeister is just really nice BrewMeister is just really nice BrewMeister is just really nice BrewMeister's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The hits just keep on coming (in a good way)!

Hopefully not a cruel April Fool's joke!

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post

I am really looking forward to this one. Okay, I'm looking forward to *all* of them, but the design of this one is really intriguing. I will admit that it took a while to grow on me, and now I really want to hold the book in my hands to see it first hand.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Just got the have you moved email for numbered 1984. Boy did that just make my day a whole lot better.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

If anybody is interested in purchasing a Suntup Blood Meridian "With" or "Without Rights", please PM w/reasonable offer and it's yours. Sold
    Or..
    If anybody is interested in purchasing an "Unopened" Red Dragon artist edition, please PM w/reasonable offer and it's yours.Sold
    Thanks

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

My Mood
    Cool

Yea,
    But truthfully, on the inside, you would not have it any other way would you Jeff?

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post

Yea,
    But truthfully, on the inside, you would not have it any other way would you Jeff?
    It’s my preferred death scenario.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Mostly I just want the exterior design to fit with the other three as a unified set, regardless of when it gets announced.
    Gah... Well I'm afraid you may be disappointed then Patrick! The Moreau book was never intended to be part of the three-book Wells set, so it will not have the same overall design. This one came about long after and for me it's a "stand-alone" volume in terms of design, both interior and exterior. We had more flexibility that way.
    Paul, the odds of you producing anything that disappoints me is zero, so no worries. Bring it on!

On a side note, I love how shipping is really ramping up! Today is going to be a day for a whole lot of bookshelf strategizing and rearranging.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If anyone's interested in a numbered Wolfen at issue price please PM me.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

My numbered Heinlein books arrived. Magnificent! Everything about them is excellent.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice BrewMeister is just really nice BrewMeister is just really nice BrewMeister is just really nice BrewMeister is just really nice BrewMeister's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Received my Heinlein numbered and AGE editions yesterday (what a great day). As others have already mentioned, all four editions are beautiful. I think the cover art on the AGEs are possibly my favorite to date.

But that is not the reason for this post. Like many of you, I continue to be blown away by Paul's attention to the "small" details. I'm still amazed by the custom cut foam and care in packing every time I open a Suntup box. I'm used to scotch-taped bubble wrap and some packing peanuts - usually the very annoying Styrofoam ones that build up a static charge and want to stick to everything, especially my hands. I even buy from one publisher that I swear goes through his trash bin and uses whatever he can find to pack his boxes.

Another example is the piece of cardboard with the small cutout for the lock on The Haunting of Hill House. Just a small detail, but such a brilliant idea to protect not just this book, but the one next to it.

And now the latest example - the slightly oversized slipcases that will accommodate dust jacket protectors. I believe SST and SIASL are the first editions to ship with this new feature. I've been putting Gaylord protectors on my books ever since I started collecting; and these are the thick (2.0 mm) protectors. Never an issue with books that don't have cases, but I have at least a few editions that have an extremely tight fit in their slipcases with a protector on. These two editions have a nice snug fit with the protectors on; just right.

So thank you for everything that you do Paul. Your attention to detail definitely gets noticed!

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you for the post! I appreciate it and I’m very pleased you like the books. My plan is to to make sure all AE books fit with the Brodart cover.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Paul, are there any particular detail or easter egg that haven't been found yet in one or more of Suntup books?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Paul, are there any particular detail or easter egg that haven't been found yet in one or more of Suntup books?
    No I don’t think so. There have been a couple things which I don’t recall seeing mentioned about some design elements of two titles. Not to say no one noticed, I just don’t recall seeing it mentioned.

For Silence, the two landscape illustrations were a take on two famous works of art. So the AE jacket and the Numbered endpapers. I haven’t seen anyone post those two paintings.

Spoiler:

The Nightmare by Henry Fusel

Death and the Maiden by George Clark Stanton

And on The Exorcist, the endbands on the Roman edition are designed to look like a clergy collar. Of course that’s extended through to the cover of the Numbered.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you!

I love those art pieces, BTW.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

When I get new Suntup books, it's like when you're a kid on Halloween and you ENHALE all the candy and forget to actually stop and taste it. So I take a deep breath opening the box and I say, okay Kenny, appreciate this. This isn't some eBay purchase. Haha.

It helps!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 557 of 645 FirstFirst ... 57 457 507 547 555 556 557 558 559 567 607 ... LastLast