Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 554 of 645 FirstFirst ... 54 454 504 544 552 553 554 555 556 564 604 ... LastLast
Results 13,826 to 13,850 of 16105

Thread: Suntup Editions

Gunslinger Apprentice Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all

Country
    Country Flag

Actually, could the first June title be Still Life with Woodpecker by Tim Robbins? Paul is a fan of that novel and it does cross genres. And the whole thing reads like prose, which is right up Paul's alley.

So if the "beloved" phrasing in his hint wasn't intentional, then I'll go with Still Life With Woodpecker!

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

I’ve never read BELOVED but have always intended to, so to be able to finally read it in a deluxe edition of Suntup quality would be an exciting thing indeed.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    I’ve never read BELOVED but have always intended to, so to be able to finally read it in a deluxe edition of Suntup quality would be an exciting thing indeed.
    I say this to everyone - if you're an audiobook fan, listen to Toni Morrison read the audiobook of Beloved. It's unexplainable. It also happens to be one of those books that you have to pay very close attention to. So don't listen and do laundry. haha

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Splync View Post
    I don't think so. I could have sworn Paul said somewhere (perhaps in this thread) that he'd have to give Replay a read based on all of the requests. He may have finally read it, but I can't imagine a recent read as having been a novel that's been trying to get approved for years.
    I'm still thinking Beloved. ;-)
    I'm sticking with Replay. Let's meet back here on June 3rd and compare notes! Either one would be good.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I second that too. My request from day one of the non king track.

Well, maybe not day one, day two or three.

I would squeal with delight if that is the case
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Tim Robbins. That was the other author I could not think of. I have never read his books but someone I know said they were really good.
    Could be some interesting choices there.

Gunslinger Apprentice Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Tim Robbins. That was the other author I could not think of. I have never read his books but someone I know said they were really good.
    Could be some interesting choices there.
    I've never read him, but I hear good things. And I believe that Paul would highly recommend Still Life With Woodpecker! ;-)

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Also, I think Another Road Side Attraction is supposed to be very good. It's supposed to be one of his best.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's an incredibly aggressive publication schedule given the quality of the product and price. I don't know how Paul does it. One downside, though, is that it basically seems to turn anyone who wants to retain their number into a Suntup reseller. Almost impossible for any collector to buy and retain them all. In terms of future requests, Paul has already done The Wolfen which was one of my top three. I'm sticking with the sci fi classic "The Man Who Fell to Earth" and Murakami's "1Q84".

My Mood
    Cool

I am going to do my best. I mean I am not a re-seller on my own so I would have to go through someone else. But I do agree, it's a very aggressive schedule. I guess we shall have to see what the price ranges are.

Gunslinger Apprentice BrewMeister is just really nice BrewMeister is just really nice BrewMeister is just really nice BrewMeister is just really nice BrewMeister's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Seeing various member's collections made me feel guilty about leaving my Suntup swag in their boxes, so I added my penguin and planchette to the Suntup shelf. It took me a while to figure out how to display the planchette. I finally decided on a small shadow box with a printed background. It's impossible to tell from the photo, but I attached the planchette to a couple of 1/4" deep rubber feet, so it "floats" over the background. I used a couple of small pieces of painters tape to attach the planchette to the rubber feet - I figured that should not harm it in any way.

And to chime in on some previous posts:
    1. I separate my numbered and AGE editions.
    2. Misery and Horns are displayed with my Stephen King and Joe Hill collections.
    3. I display my books spine out. We've been in the house 20+ years and never had a fading issue with anything, including my other books. Besides, this is the way I prefer to look at them.
    4. They are arranged alphabetically, by author, then title. That works fine for now, I may have to rethink that if a series gets out of order. Bibliomysteries leads them off as it's a collection and doesn't really fit anywhere else.

Last edited by BrewMeister; 03-23-2021 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Corrected image so it links to original.
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking at all the status updates, there's going to be a TON of books that ship pretty close together or shipped at the same time!

I don't mind being overloaded with Suntup books all at once. Triple decker Suntup boxes maybe?
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Gunslinger Apprentice BrewMeister is just really nice BrewMeister is just really nice BrewMeister is just really nice BrewMeister is just really nice BrewMeister's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looking at all the status updates, there's going to be a TON of books that ship pretty close together or shipped at the same time!

I don't mind being overloaded with Suntup books all at once. Triple decker Suntup boxes maybe?
    I was hoping for a quad box. Starship Troopers & Stranger In A Strange Land - Numbered and AGEs.
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.

Gunslinger Apprentice JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM's Avatar

How many novellas has Clive Barker written? Perhaps the May release is a Barker collection including The Hellbound Heart, with Barker providing his own artwork?
    Clive Barker's twitter indicates he has a new novella coming out called 'Mercy and the Jackal' - fits nicely with the rest of the hints here.
    'chaos, mr. who, that is our mode and modus'

Gunslinger Apprentice HorrorfanTom is a jewel in the rough HorrorfanTom is a jewel in the rough HorrorfanTom is a jewel in the rough

My Mood
    Amazed

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyM View Post
    How many novellas has Clive Barker written? Perhaps the May release is a Barker collection including The Hellbound Heart, with Barker providing his own artwork?
    Clive Barker's twitter indicates he has a new novella coming out called 'Mercy and the Jackal' - fits nicely with the rest of the hints here.
    As giddy as I was/am with the Harris titles, I may actually shed a tear if Barker gets the Suntup treatment. Although if Barker also does the artwork we will not be getting remarques. Just sayin...
    Searching for:
    CD S/L's of:
    Gwendy's BB
    Gwendy's MF

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Mercy and the Jackal is set to be part of Barker's upcoming Fear Eternal collection (this doesn't contradict your suggestion; I'm just tossing in an FYI for those interested).

(More about Fear Eternal at http://www.clivebarker.info/bookswip.html#feareternal)
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Gunslinger Apprentice JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Mercy and the Jackal is set to be part of Barker's upcoming Fear Eternal collection (this doesn't contradict your suggestion; I'm just tossing in an FYI for those interested).

(More about Fear Eternal at http://www.clivebarker.info/bookswip.html#feareternal)
    Wasn't entirely sure, given the wording, that the novella was going to be part of the 'Fear Eternal' collection, but you're probably correct. That wouldn't align with the hint that 'includes three previously published stories and one that is brand new, exclusively written for this edition'. Hmm.
    'chaos, mr. who, that is our mode and modus'

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    One downside, though, is that it basically seems to turn anyone who wants to retain their number into a Suntup reseller. Almost impossible for any collector to buy and retain them all.
    This is something I am worried about to be honest. I'm sticking on the train because I'm hoping to see stuff like 'Hannibal' or another Lindqvist book but I'm a bit concerned with dealing with the books that I don't plan on keeping.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin's Avatar

I'm jealous of everyone who has rights, but I couldn't keep up. I would've convinced myself to keep more than I should, plus it's just incredibly expensive and I really hate the hassle of selling things (and again it would be like pulling teeth to sell one). But really sucks that I feel like I'll never have a chance at a numbered again

My Mood
    Cool

Yea, it's getting tough. I am staying on as long as I possibly can. I am all the way up until BM. Hopefully April won't destroy me. I guess the only chance is the lottery now and I understand
    that the odds aren't great. I have HoHH up until BM so not too bad. It all depends on this quarter. Sorry for those who had to hop off. The only other chance is to pay the premium of
    eBay to get back on board if someone is selling the latest book with rights. Or just try and cherry pick ones of eBay that you really want.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    One downside, though, is that it basically seems to turn anyone who wants to retain their number into a Suntup reseller. Almost impossible for any collector to buy and retain them all.
    This is something I am worried about to be honest. I'm sticking on the train because I'm hoping to see stuff like 'Hannibal' or another Lindqvist book but I'm a bit concerned with dealing with the books that I don't plan on keeping.
    I think I may be nearing the point where rather than keeping rights, selling books I don't want and keeping the ones I do, I'd let the rights go and just buy the books I want on the secondary market. Happy to pay the premium to not deal with the extra work.

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't have rights anymore. But I have been reading everyone's concerns on keeping up with the purchases to keep your number or letter. I have nothing against making money off books but if someone really wants to keep their rights, selling the books they aren't interested in at just over cost would make it easier and help other people who actually want that book. Seems to be plenty of people who want the books but can't pay $2000 for a book that just sold for $875.
    Might be able to come to arrangement with someone who is willing to buy any books you don't want for a set amount over cost. Both of you win. Just an observation

My Mood
    Cool

I guess we just have to see if 4 a month will be the standard now and what prices the books settle at. I mean they all can't be $800+ books. Some will have to be in the $400-$500 range. I was just hoping to have a complete set of something minus Misery of course. We shall see and just have to wait for the books and prices to come out.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by namelessnpoor View Post
    Seems to be plenty of people who want the books but can't pay $2000 for a book that just sold for $875.
    Might be able to come to arrangement with someone who is willing to buy any books you don't want for a set amount over cost. Both of you win. Just an observation
    I’m up for that.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Suntup Press

I’m excited to see the April books. Can’t wait! No one seems to really be guessing them either.. not definitively anyways !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 554 of 645 FirstFirst ... 54 454 504 544 552 553 554 555 556 564 604 ... LastLast