Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 549 of 645 FirstFirst ... 49 449 499 539 547 548 549 550 551 559 599 ... LastLast
Results 13,701 to 13,725 of 16105

Thread: Suntup Editions

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    I mean I dont understand why folks are freaking over a possible King signature of an introduction. If that happened and was surprise revealed i sure it would be a bonus to every numbered rights holder. I would think that It would not follow the path of Misery. It is not a Stephen King S/N LE of one of his own books.

I guess if they dont have a number I can understand the angst.
    I love King. I love McCarthy. The thought of King writing an intro to Blood Meridian is completely inappropriate and wouldn't make sense to me at all. Again - I LOVE both authors, but no one will ever put McCarthy and King in the same classification. Ever.

People that would be more in line for an introduction to this book would be Marilynne Robinson, Margaret Atwood, Alice Munroe, Salman Rushdie, or J.M. Coetzee. Even Barbara Kingsolver is appropriate.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Again, I really don't care who writes the intro. It would just be a surprise that's all. I don't buy the books because of the sigs. I buy the books because they are all books that interest
    me and Paul has done outstanding jobs with all the books I have bought so far. TBH, my only experience with McCarthy are the movies The Road and No Country for old Men.
    Some of the best movies I have ever seen. I am looking forward to reading McCarthy though.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    I mean I dont understand why folks are freaking over a possible King signature of an introduction. If that happened and was surprise revealed i sure it would be a bonus to every numbered rights holder. I would think that It would not follow the path of Misery. It is not a Stephen King S/N LE of one of his own books.

I love King. I love McCarthy. The thought of King writing an intro to Blood Meridian is completely inappropriate and wouldn't make sense to me at all. Again - I LOVE both authors, but no one will ever put McCarthy and King in the same classification. Ever.

People that would be more in line for an introduction to this book would be Marilynne Robinson, Margaret Atwood, Alice Munroe, Salman Rushdie, or J.M. Coetzee. Even Barbara Kingsolver is appropriate.
    Trust me, my hope was not based on anything appropriate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

The only real qualifier would be the fact that King has stated several times that Blood Meridian is in his Top Ten List of greatest books of all time.

Gunslinger Apprentice JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM's Avatar

Since you mentioned Coetzee, I'd love to see a nice edition of 'Waiting for the Barbarians', was hoping the recent movie would have generated some more interest in the title.
    'chaos, mr. who, that is our mode and modus'

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Suntup prepping at it’s finest.

Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

My stomach started growling and mouth started watering as soon as I saw that pic!! Looks delicious!
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post

I actually LOL'd at that! hahahahaha

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I was going to make a “that was me in high school” joke, but...that never really went away.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I actually LOL'd at that! hahahahaha
    Same.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Is there anybody here would think about putting a re-marque in a numbered version? Or would you guys only do that in an AE.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Is there anybody here would think about putting a re-marque in a numbered version? Or would you guys only do that in an AE.
    I have a remarque in my #'d edition of HORNS (also the portfolio). Also plan on remarques in my #'d editions of SEED, THE EXORCIST, THE WOLFEN, and (god willing) BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Just depends on your preference.

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks.
    You think there will be one for The Exorcist? The Wolfen would be my first one that I get. It's too late for Seed though since I already have it. But an Exorcist might be cool also. And maybe BM. Of course
    it's all price dependent.

Thanks.
    You think there will be one for The Exorcist? The Wolfen would be my first one that I get. It's too late for Seed though since I already have it. But an Exorcist might be cool also. And maybe BM. Of course
    I've been in touch with the artist of Excorist and he's doing it. Not sure what you mean by it's too late for Seed, I'm sure the artist is still doing work; if you reach out to the artists they will quote you prices. The problem is generally shipping. I paid about $250 for shipping alone to get my HORNS remarque done. The Exorcist artist is in Spain, so that's going to be pricey, also. Something like this is not for the budget conscious.

My Mood
    Cool

Yea. You're probably right. I may not do them then. I have a quote for The Wolfen but that is minus shipping. Maybe this is not for me.

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Exciting, can't wait for that e-mail to arrive. 😬
    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks.
    I've been in touch with the artist of Excorist and he's doing it. Not sure what you mean by it's too late for Seed, I'm sure the artist is still doing work; if you reach out to the artists they will quote you prices. The problem is generally shipping. I paid about $250 for shipping alone to get my HORNS remarque done. The Exorcist artist is in Spain, so that's going to be pricey, also. Something like this is not for the budget conscious.
    MIke Dolce will do the Remarque for you. If you want her info, let me know. Ill give ya the contact and let her know to hook you up
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

What an accomplishment for the Suntup team! Got my copy!

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks Kris. That would be great. Hopefully I can afford the re-marque and shipping. Same with The Exorcist. I just have a feeling that the artwork and shipping
    will be out of my league. But I do appreciate your assistance .

My Mood
    Cool

Yea, that looks awesome for the numbered.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love the blood-covered styles in the lettered !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

That numbered edition looks stunning. Love the binding. And letterpress? Sign me up.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

What an accomplishment for the Suntup team! Got my copy!
    It truly is, secured my copy within the first five minutes. Excellent job here Paul!
    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies

My Mood
    Cool

Yea, Soon as I got the email it was in my cart.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Whelp this is by far the most money I have ever spent on anything like this period.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

+ Reply to Thread
Page 549 of 645 FirstFirst ... 49 449 499 539 547 548 549 550 551 559 599 ... LastLast