Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 501 of 644 FirstFirst ... 401 451 491 499 500 501 502 503 511 551 601 ... LastLast
Results 12,501 to 12,525 of 16091

Thread: Suntup Editions

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

I am one who displays my Suntup books with the spine out most of the time
    I am the one who knocks. Unless there's a doorbell. Who doesn't enjoy an easy doorbell? If the homeowner has a working doorbell, then they're signaling that's how they'd like to be alerted to a visitor. Using the doorbell is respecting their wishes. Why do people circumvent the doorbell and go right to punching the door in its face? Why do that? That should be a last resort. Be a good guest and use the doorbell. Though, other people have touched the doorbell. Other fingers. Germ-coated fingers. Dirty dirty pandemic fingers. Nasty fingertips that have been places you don't even want to know. A mob's worth of filth concentrated on one single focal button. And sometimes, if there's a dog, that doorbell could set off an explosion of barks. An aural assault. That aggression can make you feel guilty. Like you did something wrong. Like you're an intruder. Like maybe the police should be involved. Like maybe you should get a lawyer. Get lawyered up. Sometimes it's better to just text.

I've also experienced a conversion and have flipped all my Suntups slipcase spine out.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Spine out is the only way to go Jeff. Unless it's a case like Horns. Then you put the prettiest side out. Glad you came to the light.
    Oh, and I am with you %100 on door bells. They are there for a reason. Just like the freaking turn signal in a car. It's there for a reason
    dammit. Use it.

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post

I am the one who knocks. Unless there's a doorbell. Who doesn't enjoy an easy doorbell? If the homeowner has a working doorbell, then they're signaling that's how they'd like to be alerted to a visitor. Using the doorbell is respecting their wishes. Why do people circumvent the doorbell and go right to punching the door in its face? Why do that? That should be a last resort. Be a good guest and use the doorbell. Though, other people have touched the doorbell. Other fingers. Germ-coated fingers. Dirty dirty pandemic fingers. Nasty fingertips that have been places you don't even want to know. A mob's worth of filth concentrated on one single focal button. And sometimes, if there's a dog, that doorbell could set off an explosion of barks. An aural assault. That aggression can make you feel guilty. Like you did something wrong. Like you're an intruder. Like maybe the police should be involved. Like maybe you should get a lawyer. Get lawyered up. Sometimes it's better to just text.

I've also experienced a conversion and have flipped all my Suntups slipcase spine out.
    On a subject related to absolutely nothing. My doorbell broke several years ago. Removed it rather than replacing it. I prefer not having one since I can only hear a knock if I am near the door. I heard the damn doorbell throughout the house.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Spine out is the only way to go Jeff. Unless it's a case like Horns. Then you put the prettiest side out. Glad you came to the light.
    Oh, and I am with you %100 on door bells. They are there for a reason. Just like the freaking turn signal in a car. It's there for a reason
    dammit. Use it.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MLG View Post

On a subject related to absolutely nothing. My doorbell broke several years ago. Removed it rather than replacing it. I prefer not having one since I can only hear a knock if I am near the door. I heard the damn doorbell throughout the house.
    I hate doorbells.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

You're not getting within 100 feet of my house without my dog going ballistic, and that only gets worse if you ring the doorbell or knock. I still prefer the company of the dog.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Gunslinger Apprentice ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I hate doorbells.
    some doors have both a door bell button and a knocker on the door!
    At this point i must think the door bell is more modern and must be the accepted format to announce your arrival, however the knocker on the door is possibly a star wars or some crap novelty door knocker, in which case the home owner would prefer you use the nerdy door knocker instead of the door bell, and you grab darth vader by the death star and proceed to knock and it isn't a door knocker after all it is simply a decoration screwed onto the door, so you use the door bell and it plays the Darth Vader theme and you shake your head and turn to leave but it is too late, now you have to tell your friend you love the star wars novelty door bell ringer SO MUCH!
    don't knock it, get your bell rung!

very excited for tomorrows suntup live morning ! what is the new book?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieElvis View Post
    what is the new book?
    IT'S GOT TO BE SEED by Ania Ahlborn. You can't have number 23.

Gunslinger Apprentice Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all

Country
    Country Flag

There is a VERY small chance that it could be a McCarthy. It'll likely be Seed, but I still have a small fraction of hope for a signed McCarthy novel.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Splync View Post
    There is a VERY small chance that it could be a McCarthy. It'll likely be Seed, but I still have a small fraction of hope for a signed McCarthy novel.
    That would be awesome!! I only go with the consensus, because I'll be damned if I can figure it out from the clues. But Blood Meridian would be insane.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

So both Seed and Child of God are described as "Gothic" stories (which is how Paul described the book) and McCarthy's Child of God sounds like a real chiller of a read. But Seed is the more obvious
    choice.

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

I hate doorbells.
    I have never missed it. Now that it is just me I also have no home phone and the ringer silenced on my cell. Basically if someone needs to reach me I will get to them on my time.

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

If it's Seed I'm hoping it's around the same price as Brother.

And if it's not, I'll still get it anyway.
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Gunslinger Apprentice JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM's Avatar

It's Seed - aside from the description of the book, it also carries a new introduction by the author, which Ania also did for 'Brother'.

Original publisher's description of Seed (emphasis mine):

"Country comfort is no match for spine-tingling Southern gothic suspense in Ania Ahlborn’s tale of an ordinary man with a demon on his back. Seed plants its page-turning terror deep in your soul, and lets it grow wild."

Suntup Announcement Schedule (emphasis mine):

"This horror novel, our second release by the author, is a real page-turner and it has been described as a terrifying tale of gothic suspense. The book is available in two states: Lettered and Numbered. The Numbered edition is limited to 350 copies. Both editions are signed by the author as well as the artist, and feature a new and exclusive introduction by the author."
    'chaos, mr. who, that is our mode and modus'

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyM View Post
    It's Seed - aside from the description of the book, it also carries a new introduction by the author, which Ania also did for 'Brother'.

Original publisher's description of Seed (emphasis mine):

"Country comfort is no match for spine-tingling Southern gothic suspense in Ania Ahlborn’s tale of an ordinary man with a demon on his back. Seed plants its page-turning terror deep in your soul, and lets it grow wild."

Suntup Announcement Schedule (emphasis mine):

"This horror novel, our second release by the author, is a real page-turner and it has been described as a terrifying tale of gothic suspense. The book is available in two states: Lettered and Numbered. The Numbered edition is limited to 350 copies. Both editions are signed by the author as well as the artist, and feature a new and exclusive introduction by the author."
    100%
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Cool

I have no problem with it being Seed. It does sound like a good one.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    I have no problem with it being Seed. It does sound like a good one.
    Me either as I won't fret about not keeping it lol.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM's Avatar

If you want a smile and McCarthy style writing though - this is an oldie but a goodie - https://yelpingwithcormac.tumblr.com/
    'chaos, mr. who, that is our mode and modus'

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I liked Seed. Not quite as good as Brother, perhaps, but a solid creepy story that was well-written.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I would love Suntup editions of any Ania books Paul chose to publish.
    Looking for Suntup Brother ARC and Suntup Seed ARC

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Agree with Aremag, she is a wonderful writer. The Shuddering is also amazing.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought "Brother" was a middling horror novel at best. It read like a combo of plots from several horror movies. So not horrible, but not also nothing exceptional. Like most horror novels, you start with low expectations and go from there. Paul did a fantastic job with the production of the book, though.

Gunslinger Apprentice GypsyDRB will become famous soon enough GypsyDRB will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amazed

wow...January's announcement bringing the heat:

Gunslinger Apprentice BadHatHarry has a spectacular aura about BadHatHarry has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by GypsyDRB View Post

Summary for those without FB?

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BadHatHarry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GypsyDRB View Post

Summary for those without FB?

Basically this;

"We have some exciting announcements to share with you today:
    • Our next book release is being revealed TOMORROW, Thursday, November 12 at 9 a.m. PT, and public pre-order will begin on Saturday, November 14 at 9 a.m. PT. As you know, we have been hard at work increasing the print run on forthcoming books from 250 to 350 so that our Numbered editions can be enjoyed by more people. This edition is the first to carry the increased print run of 350 copies. Therefore, on Saturday, November 14 at 9 a.m. PT, there will be a substantial increase in the number of copies available for public pre-order. Buyers of this edition with a designation of 251-350 automatically qualify for a Matching Number Pre-Order for the next book with a 350 print run.

Going forward, owning the rights to the last book with a designation of 251-350 will qualify you for a pre-order of the next book that is of the same limitation, even if there have been books announced with a smaller limitation in between.

The next 350 print run will be our January 2021 book.

The Numbered editions announced in December 2020 will have a print run of 250 copies. Therefore, Matching Number Pre-Order emails for the January 2021 book will be sent to all owners of our December 2020 Numbered editions as well as owners of tomorrow's announcement with a designation of 251-350.

• The Numbered edition of THE AUCTIONEER has shipped, and we are hoping to ship many more books before the end of the year so that we can roll into 2021 and kick that year off strong having delivered a lot of books for 2020. We will be shipping the Lettered and Numbered editions of THE INVISIBLE MAN, as well as the Numbered edition of THE WAR OF THE WORLDS either at the end of this week or early next. The Artist Gift edition of LET THE RIGHT ONE IN will ship next. We are just finalizing the cases on these and then they will be ready for shipping. Just a few weeks ago we announced the letterpress printed signed limited edition of a Pulitzer Prize winning book of poetry, THE WORLD DOESN'T END. Both the Lettered and Numbered editions are complete and will soon be shipped. We are also hoping to ship the Lettered and Numbered editions of BIBLIOMYSTERIES before the end of the year, if the cases arrive on time."
    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies

+ Reply to Thread
Page 501 of 644 FirstFirst ... 401 451 491 499 500 501 502 503 511 551 601 ... LastLast