Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 499 of 645 FirstFirst ... 399 449 489 497 498 499 500 501 509 549 599 ... LastLast
Results 12,451 to 12,475 of 16105

Thread: Suntup Editions

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post

Owners of 251-350 of the November book will receive a Matching Pre-Order email for the next 350 book, even if there is a 250 in between. Detailed explanation will be on the November announcement page.
    Spoiler:
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Numbered edition of Horns for $500 on eBay (but no photo of signature page)

Joe Hill Horns Suntup Press

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Same seller who sold F451 and IAL for $250 each.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

Owners of 251-350 of the November book will receive a Matching Pre-Order email for the next 350 book, even if there is a 250 in between. Detailed explanation will be on the November announcement page.
    Spoiler:
    This is going to make a hundred people very, very happy.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

That is so cool Paul.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Random act of kindness under the Suntup sun.

https://youtu.be/SHL8KXhgrh4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post

Good for you, Bro!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

That’s awesome! Congrats to you, and kudos to the generous soul who sent it to you.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Awesome vid Jeff. It does look like a pretty big mug. I am looking forward to seeing those books close to being sent out in my hands soon.

Gunslinger Apprentice burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

almost at 500 pages in this thread!
    ISO DT I-IV #101, rage,Suntup Press Horns, Rosemary's Baby and The Road w/designation #239

Gunslinger Apprentice burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

thats awesome! I envy you your suntup mug
    ISO DT I-IV #101, rage,Suntup Press Horns, Rosemary's Baby and The Road w/designation #239

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I love my Suntup mug and I use it every day. I’m glad you have one now too, Jeff! Very cool gift.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice Dr. Dawg is on a distinguished road Dr. Dawg's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I love my Suntup mug and I use it every day. I’m glad you have one now too, Jeff! Very cool gift.
    Mine is fading from use and repeated washes in the dishwasher. Definitely my favorite mug, I think I need a second one!

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by GenericEric View Post
    For Sale:

I have extra copies of the AGE of Fahrenheit 451. Brand New $135 each. PayPal F&F. Free shipping withing US. PM me if interested or contact me at ericjohns5000@gmail.com
    Dropping the price to $125. I have 3 copies available.
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Just got the "have you moved" email for The Auctioneer!
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Harper Wilde & Co, in their newsletter, has mentionned helping someone selling their collection. Without any consignement fees, so it doesnt appear on the website. And there is a bunch of Suntup books :

Red Dragon by Thomas Harris, Suntup Editions Lettered w/remarque $5999
    Red Dragon by Thomas Harris, Suntup Editions Limited w/remarque $1350
    BiblioMysteries Suntup Editions, Limited $550
    Brother Suntup Editions, Limited $225
    1984 Suntup Editions, Limited $900
    Let the Right One In Suntup Editions, Limited $800
    F451 Suntup Editions, Limited $800
    Rosemarys Baby Suntup Editions, Artist $400 - sold
    Scanner Darkly Suntup Editions, Limited $1200 with rights
    Scanner Darkly Suntup Editions, AE $200

Oh and there is also a Lyras' edition of Neil Gaiman's "Stardust" : the limited at 2.4k
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Offered $5750 for a Suntup Misery... anyone?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Suntup shipping notice overload!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Suntup shipping notice overload!
    Tell me about it. I just got home and saw that The Invisible Man and War of the Worlds will be shipping soon. Plus I am on track to get The Auctioneer next Fri. I think this sums up my feelings.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Paul, I have a couple questions about the different styles you use for the books (I apologize if you have answered this before).

What drives the choices between a standard slipcase versus the two piece box used on Horns (along with LTROI, ASD, Necormancer)?

Same question but with the spine design: flat like on The Auctioneer vs rounded on all the others?

Why do some slipcases have the titles on the box, while others don't (I'm pretty sure that is a material restriction like with the slick used on Red Dragon)?

Thanks!

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Received my copy of The Auctioneer. Really beautiful design. Feels "appropriate" and fits the mood of the book. Well done.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Paul, I have a couple questions about the different styles you use for the books (I apologize if you have answered this before).

What drives the choices between a standard slipcase versus the two piece box used on Horns (along with LTROI, ASD, Necormancer)?

Same question but with the spine design: flat like on The Auctioneer vs rounded on all the others?

Why do some slipcases have the titles on the box, while others don't (I'm pretty sure that is a material restriction like with the slick used on Red Dragon)?

Thanks!
    This is not an easy question to answer. Part of the decision may be driven by how much it costs to produce the edition, and whether there is any room for a higher priced enclosure. Other factors may be the overall design, and whether it might benefit from a capped slipcase. So we'd consider the production as a whole. And there are other considerations which are difficult to quantify, or put into words.

As for the spine, also a tough one to answer. I like the way a flatback binding looks in a slipcase. It's all very square, and straight and it looks good. For a book like The Auctioneer, it seemed incongruous to have a rounded spine for that particular story. So the theme, or the type of story plays a part. 1984 will have a flat spine. That will look great in the acrylic case. And there's also another one coming up very soon.

And now, stamping on slipcase spines. I actually like some slipcases with no stamping. Maybe I have an odd view on this. Sometimes I see no need to put anything on the spine of a slipcase. Sometimes it's more about the design or material used. But of course, I don't feel strongly either way, because most have printing or stamping on the spines. There are times when we are figuring out what to do with the spine of a slipcase, and I don't want to put anything on it, and then I hear the voices of some of our customers who I know like to display the books with the slipcase facing out. So we end up doing something with the spine. This happened with the Simic poetry book. That is a full Japanese cloth case, and I wasn't intending to do anything on the spine, but I ended up putting a stamped label on it. And I think it looks sharp.

Another two examples, the Numbered Wells books. I just didn't feel it was needed, and would have interfered with, or disturbed the letterpress printed design. At least that's my opinion. For that brocade, yes I wouldn't even want to attempt to stamp that, and applying a label wasn't an option for me.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I say cap them all! I love that design. Although, the spine on Horns is so gorgeous, it's almost a sin to keep it covered up.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Cap ‘em All was Suntupica’s first album.

I love those capped slipcases. But I also love Paul’s mission to serve the work. And if it includes capped slipcases, then great.

It’s fantastic to see a shelf full of unique editions that broadcast the reading experience from just the spines.

I’m liking this flat spine on The Auctioneer more than I thought I would.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 499 of 645 FirstFirst ... 399 449 489 497 498 499 500 501 509 549 599 ... LastLast