Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 498 of 644 FirstFirst ... 398 448 488 496 497 498 499 500 508 548 598 ... LastLast
Results 12,426 to 12,450 of 16087

Thread: Suntup Editions

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    I’m thinking it’s not Seed because of the 350 limitation. I’d think if it was an Ahlborn book it would be 500 limitation to match Brother.
    I agree. If it was an Ahiborn book I would think it would be 500 so everybody who bought Brother could match.

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I’m thinking it’s not Seed because of the 350 limitation. I’d think if it was an Ahlborn book it would be 500 limitation to match Brother.
    Yes, that thought has crossed my mind.
    But could it be Child of God by Cormac McCarthy?

Is that considered to be a tale of gothic horror ?
    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Noxus35 View Post
    Yes, that thought has crossed my mind.
    But could it be Child of God by Cormac McCarthy?

Is that considered to be a tale of gothic horror ?
    Wow. That book sounds intense. And Wikipedia describes it as Gothic, philosophical and horror. Paul's description says it's a gothic horror. Plus, since McCarthy doesn't sign The Road any more, it may give Paul a chance for us to get a book signed by him. But it does sound like a great read.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have started to read brother and after 5 or 6 pages i am creeped out.

I do think Seed purely for the description.

If Joe Hill, then it will sit nicely with my numbered horns i received yesterday
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Gunslinger Apprentice Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about

Anything written prior to The All the Pretty Horses trilogy is considered to be McCarthys “southern gothic” period. So that would include Child of God , Outer Dark, Suttree, The Orchard Keeper. The exception would be Blood Meridian. Of those 4 I would say Outer Dark would be the only one I’d consider “horror” . I remember be it being a very dark disturbing read. As much as I’m rooting/praying for this to be the case it seems highly unlikely. I just can’t imagine McCarthy agreeing to a signed 350 limited edition print run of one of his novels when he 1) rarely does limited editions of his novels, the Road being the only one I’m aware of 2) he doesn’t sign much at any point in his career. I can’t imagine at his age he would start now.

It almost feels like a certainty this is a Ahlborn novel. The print run, the gothic and horror clues all but confirm this.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoh21 View Post
    Anything written prior to The All the Pretty Horses trilogy is considered to be McCarthys “southern gothic” period. So that would include Child of God , Outer Dark, Suttree, The Orchard Keeper. The exception would be Blood Meridian. Of those 4 I would say Outer Dark would be the only one I’d consider “horror” . I remember be it being a very dark disturbing read. As much as I’m rooting/praying for this to be the case it seems highly unlikely. I just can’t imagine McCarthy agreeing to a signed 350 limited edition print run of one of his novels when he 1) rarely does limited editions of his novels, the Road being the only one I’m aware of 2) he doesn’t sign much at any point in his career. I can’t imagine at his age he would start now.

It almost feels like a certainty this is a Ahlborn novel. The print run, the gothic and horror clues all but confirm this.
    McCarthy has done other signed limited editions, like the B.E.Trice s/l of No Country for Old Men.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Gunslinger Apprentice Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemoh21 View Post

McCarthy has done other signed limited editions, like the B.E.Trice s/l of No Country for Old Men.
    Ah yes I forgot about that one. Man that would have nice to get a hold of at publication. He also did one for all the pretty horses. I mean it really wasn’t a S/l I think he just signed x amount of trade copies at release and it was released as a SL.

Gunslinger Apprentice Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    I agree. If it was an Ahiborn book I would think it would be 500 so everybody who bought Brother could match.
    My thinking is that Brother having 500 copies was a one-off thing. It was still very early in the days of Suntup and doing 500 copies may have just seemed like a great idea at the time.

But now that over a dozen other publications have made their way through the pipeline, I can see Paul wanting to limit the number of copies for Seed. It would follow the lines of the current limitation model and it'll lead to a quicker sell out (especially with how long Brother has been available).

And it would make sense for this to be the first title to jump to 350 copies, since we know that Ania was willing to sign 500.

Or I could be completely wrong! But I figured I'd share my thoughts...

My Mood
    Cool

You could be right. All your points are valid. So Seed seems to be the prevailing thought though. Rather than a McCarthy.
    Look, I am just happy I can stay on the train and I am sure whatever Paul does, it will be very nice.

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

At this point I'll surprised if it's not Seed.

I loved Brother and Seed sounds intriguing. I'm sure it'll be a beautiful edition as always.
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Splync View Post
    Or I could be completely wrong! But I figured I'd share my thoughts...
    You're completely right.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Ania for the win. She is one of my favorites lately. The Shuddering is another of hers and is amazing.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Ania for the win. She is one of my favorites lately. The Shuddering is another of of hers and is amazing.
    Well, you clowns best sell it out so I can at least get retail for my copy
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I am not on the number wagon at this time, but I will find a way to get it
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    I am not on the number wagon at this time, but I will find a way to get it
    You're more than welcome to mine. Although I'm sure there will be copies available when it goes public. Can't extend you the rights though.

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Since this is the first 350 print run, I'm sure there will be people buying the book just so they can have rights for future 350 print runs.

So I'm assume when the next book goes to public sale, they'll be 100 available plus whatever is left after the matching number presale
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Gunslinger Apprentice ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by GenericEric View Post
    Since this is the first 350 print run, I'm sure there will be people buying the book just so they can have rights for future 350 print runs.

So I'm assume when the next book goes to public sale, they'll be 100 available plus whatever is left after the matching number presale
    so that said, maybe the owners of BROTHER #'s 251-350 will get a pre order chance?
    ( as luck would have it, my # for Brother is 351 haha)
    my number rights is #51 which i have held onto for 6 numbered editions so far.
    ( looking to trade my Brother #351 for #51 btw)

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieElvis View Post

so that said, maybe the owners of BROTHER #'s 251-350 will get a pre order chance?
    I asked Paul about this and there are no rights attached to Brother. So those 100 books should all be up for public sale.
    I am not positive on this next part but I don't think there will be any rights given to books 251-350 either. Since not all books will be produxed with a run of 350. Maybe Paul will pop in and confirm that 2nd part.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Big update: cases on the #ed Wells books and Auctioneer complete!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post

Man our boy will be a BUSY boy shipping lots of books here soon!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Man our boy will be a BUSY boy shipping lots of books here soon!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Pumped!

ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Gunslinger Apprentice burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

sweet! need to make shelf space now, lol!
    ISO DT I-IV #101, rage,Suntup Press Horns, Rosemary's Baby and The Road w/designation #239

My Mood
    Cool

Awesome news, just when I needed to hear it.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

De de de dum da dum, de de da dum Dee dum

It was in the last years of the 19th century that human affairs were being watched from timeless worlds of space......or something like that

A M A Z I N G!
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by namelessnpoor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieElvis View Post

I asked Paul about this and there are no rights attached to Brother. So those 100 books should all be up for public sale.
    I am not positive on this next part but I don't think there will be any rights given to books 251-350 either. Since not all books will be produxed with a run of 350. Maybe Paul will pop in and confirm that 2nd part.
    Owners of 251-350 of the November book will receive a Matching Pre-Order email for the next 350 book, even if there is a 250 in between. Detailed explanation will be on the November announcement page.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 498 of 644 FirstFirst ... 398 448 488 496 497 498 499 500 508 548 598 ... LastLast