Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 451 of 645 FirstFirst ... 351 401 441 449 450 451 452 453 461 501 551 ... LastLast
Results 11,251 to 11,275 of 16105

Thread: Suntup Editions

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I threw down The Girl with all the Gifts and The Reapers Are the Angels

Gunslinger Apprentice NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I pleaded for The Secret History again. Any chance you would go for Tartt's work again Paul? Or did the Goldfinch effort result in closed doors forever? Also please publish The Hobbit. I can wait til september 2nd 2043
    Looking for SubPress Lettered:Farseer Trilogy; Shadow of the Wind, Angel's Game, Prisoner of Heaven
    Looking for Centipede Press S/L: Dracula

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Splync View Post
    Suggestion #1 - Fifty Shades of Grey
    Suggestion #2 - a matching buttplug paperweight
    Pos rep for that.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I think I wiped a tear when I saw The Butcher Boy among the list of titles. Just that it's a consideration is amazing. Thank you.
    Just looked this up on Amazon and immediately ordered! This and Night Film are two books I'd never heard of until people mentioned them in the context of this survey but seem right up my alley.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Once Suntup did an edition of Madison County, I figure anything is game. For the fill-in-the-blanks, I suggested:

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with the original art by Joseph Schindleman. Replacing his work with a different artist for that book and my interest would drop considerably, but a Suntup edition with that artwork would be the prize possession of my collection.

Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood.

If there had been another, I would have suggested Jurassic Park.
    Every time there's an open ended question about possible Suntup books you bring up Margaret Atwood and every time I wholeheartedly agree. It's a damn shame that none of her stuff has been given the deluxe treatment! She's written lots of stuff that I couldn't really get into but her best stuff is really good (The Handmaid's Tale, The Blind Assassin, and the Maddaddam trilogy are my favorites).

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Default Suntup Press

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    I think I wiped a tear when I saw The Butcher Boy among the list of titles. Just that it's a consideration is amazing. Thank you.
    Just looked this up on Amazon and immediately ordered! This and Night Film are two books I'd never heard of until people mentioned them in the context of this survey but seem right up my alley.

Once Suntup did an edition of Madison County, I figure anything is game. For the fill-in-the-blanks, I suggested:

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with the original art by Joseph Schindleman. Replacing his work with a different artist for that book and my interest would drop considerably, but a Suntup edition with that artwork would be the prize possession of my collection.

Every time there's an open ended question about possible Suntup books you bring up Margaret Atwood and every time I wholeheartedly agree. It's a damn shame that none of her stuff has been given the deluxe treatment! She's written lots of stuff that I couldn't really get into but her best stuff is really good (The Handmaid's Tale, The Blind Assassin, and the Maddaddam trilogy are my favorites).
    I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I got a signed first edition off of eBay for $8. So there’s not a ton of love for it.

EDIT: McCabe’s Emerald Germs of Ireland is also genius!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I put in Battle Royale and Necroscope.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    NECROSCOPE would be fantastic

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    NECROSCOPE would be fantastic

Sub Press did one a few years back, but something from Paul would do the series justice. What a great series.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you to all those who submitted the survey. These are really helpful to me so that I can target the most requested titles. Sometimes the results are surprising. Lots of chatter about Murakami, but 46% chose "None of the above" for that list. Still, there's enough interest to possibly go after one of these.

It's only on there because of you.

Quote Originally Posted by NiceM View Post
    I pleaded for The Secret History again. Any chance you would go for Tartt's work again Paul? Or did the Goldfinch effort result in closed doors forever?
    I don't know that doors are closed forever in this business. Maybe some are, but many aren't. But this is not a priority for me based on the response to Goldfinch. We'll see.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Thank you to all those who submitted the survey. These are really helpful to me so that I can target the most requested titles. Sometimes the results are surprising. Lots of chatter about Murakami, but 46% chose "None of the above" for that list. Still, there's enough interest to possibly go after one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by NiceM View Post
    I pleaded for The Secret History again. Any chance you would go for Tartt's work again Paul? Or did the Goldfinch effort result in closed doors forever?
    I don't know that doors are closed forever in this business. Maybe some are, but many aren't. But this is not a priority for me based on the response to Goldfinch. We'll see.
    Did many choose Blake?

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post

I assumed as much. Thanks for giving it some daylight.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Rex Miller-Slob (I know it's been done, but not to its greatest potential, and unfortunately Miller is deceased).

Robert McCammon-Boy's Life (Arguably McCammons best novel).

Gunslinger Apprentice HorrorfanTom is a jewel in the rough HorrorfanTom is a jewel in the rough HorrorfanTom is a jewel in the rough

My Mood
    Amazed

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Rex Miller-Slob (I know it's been done, but not to its greatest potential, and unfortunately Miller is deceased).

Yes Boy's Life! One of my all time favorites
    Searching for:
    CD S/L's of:
    Gwendy's BB
    Gwendy's MF

Gunslinger Apprentice Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all

Country
    Country Flag

YES! I didn't even consider McCammon, given the editions that Sub Press recently did.

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

I recently bought the SubPress S/L edition of Boy's Life for $400. Thought that was a pretty good deal. Glad to add that beauty to my collection.

I'm hoping someone does a limited of Gone South eventually. That's one of the 2 or 3 of his books that haven't had the limited treatment yet.
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Did many choose Blake?
    10%

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by GenericEric View Post

I recently bought the SubPress S/L edition of Boy's Life for $400. Thought that was a pretty good deal. Glad to add that beauty to my collection.

I'm hoping someone does a limited of Gone South eventually. That's one of the 2 or 3 of his books that haven't had the limited treatment yet.
    Great story, but not sure if it's worth the Suntup treatment.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I suggested Boy's Life as well.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by GenericEric View Post

Great story, but not sure if it's worth the Suntup treatment.
    Probably not. I think if it gets done it'll likely be SubPress
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with the original art by Joseph Schindelman. Replacing his work with a different artist for that book and my interest would drop considerably, but a Suntup edition with that artwork would be the prize possession of my collection.

I would have suggested the entire Maddaddam Trilogy but I didn’t want to get greedy, so I went with just the first book. If rights are available, The Handmaid’s Tale would be the obvious, safe choice and no one would question it, but doing the Maddaddam Trilogy would be glorious.

I own The Blind Assassin but haven’t gotten to it. I’ll move it up the list on your recommendation. Thanks. (Butcher Boy is on my To Read list as well thanks to Jeff.)
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

on the survey i requested Geek Love by Katherine Dunn and The Cipher by Kathe Koja,

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

One book I suggested was ‘The Girl Next Door’ by Jack Ketchum. There was already a limited edition signed by Ketchum, Stephen King and a number of other contributors so I guess jury’s out if there should be another one but it might be a nice way to pay tribute to Ketchum. ‘Off Season’ is another but Dark Regions did it recently.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Jurassic Park was one of my suggestions (Lord of the Flies was the other). It's always been one of my favorite books and I'd love to see a top-quality edition.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with the original art by Joseph Schindelman. Replacing his work with a different artist for that book and my interest would drop considerably, but a Suntup edition with that artwork would be the prize possession of my collection.

I would have suggested the entire Maddaddam Trilogy but I didn’t want to get greedy, so I went with just the first book. If rights are available, The Handmaid’s Tale would be the obvious, safe choice and no one would question it, but doing the Maddaddam Trilogy would be glorious.

I own The Blind Assassin but haven’t gotten to it. I’ll move it up the list on your recommendation. Thanks. (Butcher Boy is on my To Read list as well thanks to Jeff.)
    Is the Madaddam Trilogy good?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Winnie The Pooh/The House At Pooh Corner with original art by Ernest Shepard and Friday Night Lights by HG Bissinger bound in actual Wilson football leather with laces on the spine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 451 of 645 FirstFirst ... 351 401 441 449 450 451 452 453 461 501 551 ... LastLast