Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 421 of 644 FirstFirst ... 321 371 411 419 420 421 422 423 431 471 521 ... LastLast
Results 10,501 to 10,525 of 16086

Thread: Suntup Editions

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    I agree with the crowd that all the Suntup books look much better together than out and about on random shelves. But my collection has long been largely organized by publisher anyway so that's my natural affinity anyway.
    Curious. Are your King books organized by publishers?
    Yes

Kind of.

And would you happen to like a detailed explanation of how I organize my books? I hope so

I am not joking in the slightest when I say that shelf organization is something I've agonized over and rearranged lots of different times. I am guided by aesthetics (I love my books and looking at my books and want to maximize the enjoyment I get from looking at them every day) but also tempered by publisher/author/release/edition/etc. because I can't simply arrange everything based on looks because that's against my essential nature.

Though I could have been more precise (as usual (somewhat ironically)): my books that are organized by publisher are for small presses only. So all books from CD, CP, Sub Press, Suntup, etc., are with their respective publishers, organized by release date. What I still struggle with is numbered/lettered/gift/ARC within a specific publisher. This is mostly driven by aesthetics. Does it look better to have the different types of books together? Or each type separated?

For books from larger publishers, they are organized by author. So all King books are together regardless of whether they are Doubleday or Simon & Schuster or whatever.

Oh man I could write so much more about this and am super curious about what other folks do (and have asked before) but I need to log off for the day and will definitely revisit this in a different thread so I'll end with this:

CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THE REVEAL TOMORROW!!!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I go by author except for the few Suntup’s I have.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree with the crowd that all the Suntup books look much better together than out and about on random shelves. But my collection has long been largely organized by publisher anyway so that's my natural affinity anyway.
    Yes

Kind of.

And would you happen to like a detailed explanation of how I organize my books? I hope so

I am not joking in the slightest when I say that shelf organization is something I've agonized over and rearranged lots of different times. I am guided by aesthetics (I love my books and looking at my books and want to maximize the enjoyment I get from looking at them every day) but also tempered by publisher/author/release/edition/etc. because I can't simply arrange everything based on looks because that's against my essential nature.

Though I could have been more precise (as usual (somewhat ironically)): my books that are organized by publisher are for small presses only. So all books from CD, CP, Sub Press, Suntup, etc., are with their respective publishers, organized by release date. What I still struggle with is numbered/lettered/gift/ARC within a specific publisher. This is mostly driven by aesthetics. Does it look better to have the different types of books together? Or each type separated?

For books from larger publishers, they are organized by author. So all King books are together regardless of whether they are Doubleday or Simon & Schuster or whatever.

Oh man I could write so much more about this and am super curious about what other folks do (and have asked before) but I need to log off for the day and will definitely revisit this in a different thread so I'll end with this:

Bravo! I was curious about the big press SK. You are not totally crazy then. Yet.

This immediately came to my pea brain:

https://youtu.be/2msCS8dvSok

seeking: anything DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

My I Am Legend Numbered arrived today, but I have yet to crack it open. I’ve been busy with work, and haven’t had a free, clean-handed, moment.

But I did get a moment to watch the new teaser video, and I am absolutely thrilled that it might be 1984. I really love this novel - perhaps the most important novel published during the 20th century. Having a Suntup edition of it would be simply the best thing ever.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm on the fence whether I should get Brother or not. I love the entire presentation and the artwork.

Decisions, decisions.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes

Kind of.

I'm thinking of organising my books by official Pantone colours....
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I call it gardening.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by GenericEric View Post
    I'm on the fence whether I should get Brother or not. I love the entire presentation and the artwork.

Decisions, decisions.
    I would.. I loved the book and the presentation.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Decisions, decisions.
    I agree with Kris. It's a wonderful presentation. I simply love the look and feel and art of the book.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I should be getting IAL next Wed. I know it will be worth the wait.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post

Decisions, decisions.
    I agree with Kris. It's a wonderful presentation. I simply love the look and feel and art of the book.
    The story is also amazing
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Cool

Unfortunately, I have others before I can get to this one. But I am looking forward to it.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Decisions, decisions.
    As far as presentation and price, it may be the best buy in the line? Beautiful book.

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Country
    Country Flag

Less than one hour from, is it fair to say one of the most anticipated, release announcements yet?

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post

Decisions, decisions.
    The story is also amazing
    I concur. I LOVED the book and the ending floored me. Higher print run and she is an unknown is why there is any left. She is young though... got a long career ahead of her and the first S/L she ever did AND by Suntup? Good investment I think
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cool

Less than one hour from, is it fair to say one of the most anticipated, release announcements yet?

Very excited. And I would say that this is close to the top. I think people were pretty excited for Horns as well. We shall see how fast this sells out.
    I really don't think this will last too long if I am being honest (the numbered ed).

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

It will make to Saturday, hehe
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    It will make to Saturday, hehe
    Lucky Lucky Lucky. Like I said, I have quite a few more days to go.

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Well I'm in for an AGE and numbered again. Now I'm very excited for the next announcement since I have no clue what's in store.

My Mood
    Cool

Yep, just ordered both.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Didn't get my AGE yet

Country
    Country Flag

Hand painted numbers in each of the 250 numbered? WOW... that is just unreal. Im blown away.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Got both ordered!!!! Next....
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

These are really spectacular! Paul keeps raising the bar. I so wish I could afford that lettered (and one was available). Congrats Paul and Becca on another stunner.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Where's the $1984.00 edition?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 421 of 644 FirstFirst ... 321 371 411 419 420 421 422 423 431 471 521 ... LastLast