Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 381 of 644 FirstFirst ... 281 331 371 379 380 381 382 383 391 431 481 ... LastLast
Results 9,501 to 9,525 of 16086

Thread: Suntup Editions

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Great vid Jeff. Really, one of your best .

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I had to watch it as my delivery could be delayed due to the focus on essentials only here.

Great video. Made me want a beer!!!!
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Hahahaha thanks guys. I really like the videos better when they’re in my head. They never quite appear as I want them to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Hahahaha thanks guys. I really like the videos better when they’re in my head. They never quite appear as I want them to.

Nothing is better in my head!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My copy of The Time Machine will be arriving tomorrow if anyone is interested. It's #168 and I'm asking $350 shipped priority in the US. $400 shipped international.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice zachip has a spectacular aura about zachip has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    My copy of The Time Machine will be arriving tomorrow if anyone is interested. It's #168 and I'm asking $350 shipped priority in the US. $400 shipped international.
    I'm interested. Pm'd u.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zachip View Post
    I'm interested. Pm'd u.
    SOLD
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

My copy arrived today. As always, no matter how great things look online, the Suntup finished product is always better in person. I (carefully) read Simon Wells’ introduction and the note on the text. Interesting background and good reminders of all the things we take for granted that didn’t exist in storytelling until this was written. Looking forward to the other editions in this Suntup/Wells set.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Speaking about the note on the text, I was curious if you have to get permissions to make the changes you made. (removing extraneous hyphens for example). (Maybe in this case the book is in the public domain, and you can do what ever you want?)

In general what is the protocol for correcting mistakes like typo's, or maybe you notice an inconsistency like a name changes. Do you have to notify the Author or copyright owners?
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Below issue price! Hopefully the last of my Suntup books to go

Rosemary's Baby Suntup Limited Edition, with included "extras" as issued (Scrabble letters, art print, postcard and bookmark), copy #134.
    Including shipping in United States; international shipping at cost
    $675 by PayPal or $650 by PayPal F&F

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Getting weird with it!

I dig it

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsweet View Post
    Below issue price! Hopefully the last of my Suntup books to go

Rosemary's Baby Suntup Limited Edition, with included "extras" as issued (Scrabble letters, art print, postcard and bookmark), copy #134.
    Including shipping in United States; international shipping at cost
    $675 by PayPal or $650 by PayPal F&F
    Ugh. If only.....

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Speaking about the note on the text, I was curious if you have to get permissions to make the changes you made. (removing extraneous hyphens for example). (Maybe in this case the book is in the public domain, and you can do what ever you want?)

In general what is the protocol for correcting mistakes like typo's, or maybe you notice an inconsistency like a name changes. Do you have to notify the Author or copyright owners?
    Unless the book falls within the public domain, correcting any compositorial error found within a text would require permission from the copyright owner first.

International Copyright Law dictates that for a book to be classified as public domain, it must be older than 95 years from the date of its first publication or 70 years after the death of its author, whichever date is sooner.

The novelized version of The Time Machine was first published in May 1895 (more than 95 years ago), and H.G. Wells died August 1946 (more than 70 years ago). So on both counts, the novel falls within the public domain. No permission is needed to correct or alter the text of a public domain book, but careful consideration needs to be made before embarking on any change that may compromise the stylistic integrity of the author.

Fidelity is my watchword.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post

Unless the book falls within the public domain, correcting any compositorial error found within a text would require permission from the copyright owner first.

International Copyright Law dictates that for a book to be classified as public domain, it must be older than 95 years from the date of its first publication or 70 years after the death of its author, whichever date is sooner.

The novelized version of The Time Machine was first published in May 1895 (more than 95 years ago), and H.G. Wells died August 1946 (more than 70 years ago). So on both counts, the novel falls within the public domain. No permission is needed to correct or alter the text of a public domain book, but careful consideration needs to be made before embarking on any change that may compromise the stylistic integrity of the author.

Fidelity is my watchword.
    Thanks
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I know it may be up there, and these are trying times for people, but I would re-miss in my duties if I did not say that there were only 5 IAL numbered left.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Looking over the bio for Florian Bertmer on the Wells product page and I see couple of other artists mentioned who I would love to see in a Suntup book: Pushead and Mike Mignola. Also, Paul, if you can get Simon Bisley to illustrate anything, please do. Though, my understanding is that Simon Bisley might be a tough guy to deal with (I don't recall where I heard that--maybe from DC Comics).

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post

Getting weird with it!

I dig it
    Weirder is my forward.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

All orders for the Numbered and Lettered edition of The Time Machine have now shipped. The Roman Numeral is still in production and making good progress.

Now would be a good time to publicly acknowledge Tim (T-Dogz_AK47) for his involvement with these Wells books. Sometimes, a PD book poses more challenges than a traditional licensed work and I will tell you that these editions would not have happened without Tim's contribution. The immense task of editing the text, curating the bonus material, proofing, researching, etc. fell on his shoulders and I am incredibly grateful for his efforts. Tim, thank you. Like I said, these books could not have been published if not for the brilliant work you did.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah Tim!

Country
    Country Flag

Wow. Cheers to Tim! Bravo!

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Well done, Tim, and thank you!
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Country
    Country Flag

Great job, Tim!

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you, Tim!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post

Getting weird with it!

I dig it
    Weirder is my forward.
    You should move to Austin then, its our motto.
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

My Mood
    Cool

Way to go Tim. Thanks for your help on this project.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 381 of 644 FirstFirst ... 281 331 371 379 380 381 382 383 391 431 481 ... LastLast