Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 369 of 644 FirstFirst ... 269 319 359 367 368 369 370 371 379 419 469 ... LastLast
Results 9,201 to 9,225 of 16087

Thread: Suntup Editions

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post

Crazy that you posted this. I was reading something online a few days ago where some celebrity, I can't remember who now, said this is their favorite book. So I bought a copy to check it out and just received it a day or two ago. Seems like both the author and artist are still alive, in their 90s.
    I know you're kinda busy right now, but trust me, take some time out and read this book. Some of the puns are terrible (as a 7 year old, they were the funniest things ever) but the extraordinary way the author exposes a young mind to the breadth of the english language is just phenomenal.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Dayum. Just had to order both on this one. Great choice Paul.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I had also not heard of it. I'm reading it now... I was also a Winnie the Pooh kid. Remember reading the books.

John F. Kennedy Raenas will become famous soon enough Raenas will become famous soon enough

I had also not heard of it. I'm reading it now... I was also a Winnie the Pooh kid. Remember reading the books.
    First book I read on my own! Next was the Leatherstocking Tales by J. F. Cooper, so most children's novels were left unattended afterwards. Got into SK at 10 years old, first book was The Tommyknockers.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Was an email sent or something?
    I am guess to the lettered and limited edition buyers, as I didnt get anything

When wiill the public announcement be made?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

Sat 14th March 9:00am Pacific time
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Also the Christopher Robin poetry books. This just popped into my head from 40-odd years ago (I may not have it quite right):

James James Morrison Morrison Weatherby George Dupree
    Took great care of his mother
    Though he was only three.
    James James said to his mother,
    “Mother,” he said, said he,
    “You must never go down to the end of the town,
    Unless you go down with me.”

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

This release continues the fine tradition of 1) being a book I’ve never read and 2) having absolutely mind-blowing art.

I hope the print that comes with the numbered and lettered editions is of that image with the two people and the *bleep* made out of *bleep* rising over the *bleep *.

Lastly, it seems to me this book also presents a fine opportunity for another paperweight.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

For future reference, there is a page on the website with all of the announcement details:

ANNOUNCEMENT SCHEDULE

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    This is the Children's book that I hold dear above all others. I used to get this from the Library at least once a month.

"I thought you were the Weather Man", said Milo, very confused. "Oh no!" said the Whether Man. "I'm the Whether Man, not the Weather Man, for after all it is more important to know whether there will be weather than what the weather will be." And with that he let off a stream of gaily coloured balloons...
    Crazy that you posted this. I was reading something online a few days ago where some celebrity, I can't remember who now, said this is their favorite book. So I bought a copy to check it out and just received it a day or two ago. Seems like both the author and artist are still alive, in their 90s.
    this sounds like you might be reaching out to some people....I bought an anniversary edition last year to read with my son - since I too had never read it
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

I was outside in the virus riddled world presenting to a university so I didn't have the chance to jump on this announcement or sound off until now. All I want to say is: Paul YOU BEAUTIFUL BEAST! Love everything about this release! It's like you're in my brain. How many dreams can Suntup Editions bring to life? All of them. ALL the dreams!

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    This is the Children's book that I hold dear above all others. I used to get this from the Library at least once a month.

"I thought you were the Weather Man", said Milo, very confused. "Oh no!" said the Whether Man. "I'm the Whether Man, not the Weather Man, for after all it is more important to know whether there will be weather than what the weather will be." And with that he let off a stream of gaily coloured balloons...
    this sounds like you might be reaching out to some people....I bought an anniversary edition last year to read with my son - since I too had never read it
    one can only hope! Count me in on this one as well. One of my absolute favorite books i read as a young-un and it would be incredible if we could get an author signed copy!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I was outside in the virus riddled world presenting to a university so I didn't have the chance to jump on this announcement or sound off until now. All I want to say is: Paul YOU BEAUTIFUL BEAST! Love everything about this release! It's like you're in my brain. How many dreams can Suntup Editions bring to life? All of them. ALL the dreams!
    Right Jeff? It's going to be fantastic. It's amazing how Paul just keeps cranking them out.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Right Jeff? It's going to be fantastic. It's amazing how Paul just keeps cranking them out.
    That's because I'm a crank.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    That's because I'm a crank.
    Well, if the world's going out on the wings of COVID 19 (any King fans appreciate the nod to 19??), I'm glad you're bringing all this amazing art into it. And I'm thrilled to have witnessed and held these fantastic books. It means a lot to me personally. If I could travel back and talk to my 14 year-old self, I'd tell him, "Just hang on. Some day, there will be editions worthy of the love you feel for these books."

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm curious what the next book anouncement will be but i'm not sure if i'm going to pre-order it as the virus is causing a lot of issues over here. People are stocking up groceries like mad rabbits, many grocery stores are left empty.😲
    And with a baby of just 4 weeks old it's better to stock up diapers and such. 😉

Whatever it will be i'm sure your next book will be a beauty Paul.
    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Noxus35 View Post
    I'm curious what the next book anouncement will be but i'm not sure if i'm going to pre-order it as the virus is causing a lot of issues over here. People are stocking up groceries like mad rabbits, many grocery stores are left empty.😲

Yes it is a difficult time and there are obviously much greater priorities! I hope you and your family stay healthy and safe. Look after that little one. My hope is that by the time this book arrives this will all be a bad memory.

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Noxus35 View Post

Yes it is a difficult time and there are obviously much greater priorities! I hope you and your family stay healthy and safe. Look after that little one. My hope is that by the time this book arrives this will all be a bad memory.
    Thanks, will do! 👍🏻
    Crazy times over here, i live in the so called "corona capital" of the Netherlands and i really hope this will soon be over.
    Went to do the groceries just a couple of hours ago. Everything was normal and the stores had a lot of stock but i just checked the local news and people were fighting in the stores over the last pack of toiletpaper.

It seems that the world's gone mad. 🤔
    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

With all the excitement over the newest release, I was looking at my two small Suntup book shelves and noticed I neglected to put THE first book released by Suntup with the others.

Spoiler:
    [IMG][/IMG]

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by willie3 View Post
    With all the excitement over the newest release, I was looking at my two small Suntup book shelves and noticed I neglected to put THE first book released by Suntup with the others.

Spoiler:
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Beautiful shelf!!

Also, anyone who has access to the teaser trailer, watch it to the very end!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post

Spoiler:
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Beautiful shelf!!

LOVE it!

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post

Spoiler:
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Beautiful shelf!!

LOVE it!
    Perfect comedic timing as well.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Dammit Paul, I was really hoping to jump off the train and save some money, but looks like this is not the book to jump off of! (yeah, I know you aren't supposed to end a sentence with a preposition )
    Actually, there is no formal rule which dictates that.

I'd much prefer you end on a preposition than torture a sentence to fit arbitrary rules.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Suntup edition in the making!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Cool

In case anybody is still on the fence, there are 9 IAL GE and 7 Limited ed left. I know it's tough with what's going on, but I have to keep up my count for people.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 369 of 644 FirstFirst ... 269 319 359 367 368 369 370 371 379 419 469 ... LastLast