Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 351 of 645 FirstFirst ... 251 301 341 349 350 351 352 353 361 401 451 ... LastLast
Results 8,751 to 8,775 of 16105

Thread: Suntup Editions

John F. Kennedy Raenas will become famous soon enough Raenas will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    I have my H.G set on order but if Island was printed today it would be the fourth H.G. book of 13 titles released by Suntup. Little much isn't it?
    which just goes to show, "you cant please all the people, all the time"
    I consider the trilogy as one book / release in the Suntup world. And if customers want it, then why not? I would love to have that book too. I am a big fan of H.G. Wells, also own this beautiful Folio Society Limited Edition of The Door in the Wall: https://www.foliosociety.com/uk/the-...-the-wall.html

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I have no problem with multiple books from one author. People are salivating over the fact that Paul might do the Hannibal series right? Or if Paul released another Richard M book, I don't think people would complain.
    But I have no doubt that there will be plenty of unique books as well. And we don't even know what the March book is, or the other books this year. Me, personally, I want a large Suntup collection. I am still pulling
    for something, maybe more than one from Kurt V. But that's just me .

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    I have my H.G set on order but if Island was printed today it would be the fourth H.G. book of 13 titles released by Suntup. Little much isn't it?
    which just goes to show, "you cant please all the people, all the time"
    Ha! I was thinking the same thing but 30% of a young publishing companies catalog being the same author definitely stands out. Specially considering the wonderful range of choices Paul has made among the thousands of authors to choose from. Do not get me wrong I will be as excited as everyone to see the world of Dr. Moreau in a Suntup! BUT we will already see three times what the H.G treatment looks like from Suntup. But you are right, Good Sir. You can never please everyone. I'm a long for the ride though.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Your kidding right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nope.

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

It’s not the next book, so it won’t be 4 out of 13, it will be 4 out of a bigger number.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Consider yourself lucky. It could have been a Barker book.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Imajica is coming! Mark my words!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Imajica is coming! Mark my words!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Your kidding right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nope.

I guess I do not get the problem with it. A new book that the fans wanted... asked for.. and Paul decided to do for us. Hmmmm... yet you are complaining brother? And to be honest, I am not really sure what about. lol Will this matter when there are 30 titles out? No... it won't. The comment I would call a little much instead.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Dang! Ha! Does he write better than he directs?

Ooops. . . Well there is Maximum Overdrive for King. I love it btw.

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

...30% of a young publishing companies catalog being the same author definitely stands out.
    That is a statistical anomaly resulting from Suntup's decision to do a series early in its existence (this statistic could've been avoided by waiting a few years to embark on a series, but there would have been no artistic reason to wait).
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Barker is a singular talent. He's not for everyone, but no one is.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Dang! Ha! Does he write better than he directs?

Ooops. . . Well there is Maximum Overdrive for King. I love it btw.

His DAMNATION GAME and HELLBOUND HEART are fantastic. Even his worst books (SACRAMENT!) are a joy to read. He's an amazing author.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd love Paul to do Barker's Books of Blood! Best collection of short stories ever, imo.

sk

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    I'd love Paul to do Barker's Books of Blood! Best collection of short stories ever, imo.

sk
    I like books of blood, but there are already many many many signed or limited editions of it. I’d like to see some of his other works be given the special treatment. Personally, I think Imajica fits the bill. It’s a standalone novel that only has one Limited edition that I’m aware of. And I think it’s generally well regarded, at least I really like it.

Although it’s length may make an edition with heavy paper and fine materials a logistical and physics-defying nightmare.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Although I have forgotten about 99% of the books, I do remember enjoying Weaveworld and The Great and Secret Show by Barker. They are the only two books of his I have read. (I also have the squeal to TGASS, but haven't read it, because I would probably need to reread TGASS first).

I think its great that Paul is doing more H.G. Wells. Hope he will do even more (like "The First Men in the Moon")
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    ...30% of a young publishing companies catalog being the same author definitely stands out.
    That is a statistical anomaly resulting from Suntup's decision to do a series early in its existence (this statistic could've been avoided by waiting a few years to embark on a series, but there would have been no artistic reason to wait).
    Artistic reason would have been to see what exciting artistic choices Suntup would do with other authors.

But do get your point that when Suntup has 200 books under it's belt then four Wells books (or 5 or 6) will be fine. Agreed.

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Although I have forgotten about 99% of the books, I do remember enjoying Weaveworld and The Great and Secret Show by Barker. They are the only two books of his I have read. (I also have the squeal to TGASS, but haven't read it, because I would probably need to reread TGASS first).

I think its great that Paul is doing more H.G. Wells. Hope he will do even more (like "The First Men in the Moon")
    Unfortunately, too much of Barker’s work consists of unfinished series. A complete series, or a standalone work, would be preferable as a Suntup release in my opinion. Although, I suppose The Great and Secret Show works well enough as a standalone to be published on its own.

Ilium (Simmons)

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

The H.G wells books are spread out through the year. I think it's safe to say that there will be enough non-Wells books in between them to keep people satisfied with some diversity.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    The H.G wells books are spread out through the year. I think it's safe to say that there will be enough non-Wells books in between them to keep people satisfied with some diversity.
    Good point.

ANYTHING DT Related #246

My Mood
    Cool

The Great and Secret Show is not a stand alone book. Everville goes with that book. It's part of what is called "The Art Series". Will there be a third, I don't know. I thought there was a rumor that there would be.
    Books like, Imajica, The Thief of Always, along with a number of others that are easily found on Wikipedia are stand alone books that could be done as a single book.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

agreed. I doubt you will see this one within the next year. mid 2021 is my bet... Paul simply stating he would do it for the fans here
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Yeehaw

...But do get your point that when Suntup has 200 books under it's belt then four Wells books (or 5 or 6) will be fine.
    I actually said nothing about it being fine once Suntup has 200 books under its belt; my point was the opposite, that such a wait would be arbitrary (Paul had the ideas and acted on them). Waiting for numbers is the opposite of artistic.

Country
    Country Flag

The Great and Secret Show is not a stand alone book. Everville goes with that book. It's part of what is called "The Art Series". Will there be a third, I don't know. I thought there was a rumor that there would be.
    Books like, Imajica, The Thief of Always, along with a number of others that are easily found on Wikipedia are stand alone books that could be done as a single book.
    I think Barker is done writing. I suspect his last book The Scarlet Gospels was actually written by Mark Alan Miller--the author who wrote The Toll. I doubt we'll ever get the third book of The Art.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    ...But do get your point that when Suntup has 200 books under it's belt then four Wells books (or 5 or 6) will be fine.
    I actually said nothing about it being fine once Suntup has 200 books under its belt; my point was the opposite, that such a wait would be arbitrary (Paul had the ideas and acted on them). Waiting for numbers is the opposite of artistic.
    Gotcha. Good point. Let the artist (Paul) go as they may.

ANYTHING DT Related #246

+ Reply to Thread
Page 351 of 645 FirstFirst ... 251 301 341 349 350 351 352 353 361 401 451 ... LastLast