Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 345 of 645 FirstFirst ... 245 295 335 343 344 345 346 347 355 395 445 ... LastLast
Results 8,601 to 8,625 of 16105

Thread: Suntup Editions

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Yeah I know art is subjective but the SotL just looks ugly. I would love to see it done again by Suntup with the same artist as Red Dragon.
    HERESY!

Unless you mean the numbered, which I personally like but I recognize that Arisman's art is not for everybody.

That said, I would love to see Suntup editions of more of Harris's books, especially Silence. My favorite is Red Dragon though so even without another Harris book I feel like the Sub Press Silence and the Suntup Editions Red Dragon have finally done his work justice after all those years without any limiteds.
    Did the numbered edition and lettered edition have different art?
    They both had art by Marshall Arisman, but unlike most Sub Press lettered editions, there was no dustjacket on the book because they did a knock-out job on the binding and boards. As a result, the books present quite differently. The numbered book is dominated by the Arisman dustjacket, so if you don't like his work you probably won't want to display it. The lettered one is just a beautiful design and all of Arisman's work is internal, so you can display without seeing any of Arisman's illustrations.
    If one does not like the art, internal or external, why buy the book?
    Because you like the author. I don't get your question. I collect King and have MANY books where I do not like the artwork.
    That's where you get your varying degree of collector. I had many chances to buy the PS King books but I can't stand most of the art and wouldn't want them on my shelf. The only one I find tolerable is The Stand. The obsessive collecter part of me still looks at the PS versions and almost pulls the trigger but I can't. I love Stephen King but don't need the PS versions due to the art.
    So you are not a King collector that is anyways shape or form a completist. Varying degrees for sure I will have every number and letter some day... regardless of the artwork. I love the books... cause they are Kings
    This is my goal too, although I doubt I will get all the Letters.

There are several books I hate the art in (Insomnia, Tommyknockers to name a few), but I still have them.
    Agreed. I am not a fan of some BUT have them. I posted the last ones (you seen) in the wanted thread. Its been awhile since I found one. haha
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Yeah I know art is subjective but the SotL just looks ugly. I would love to see it done again by Suntup with the same artist as Red Dragon.
    HERESY!

Unless you mean the numbered, which I personally like but I recognize that Arisman's art is not for everybody.

That said, I would love to see Suntup editions of more of Harris's books, especially Silence. My favorite is Red Dragon though so even without another Harris book I feel like the Sub Press Silence and the Suntup Editions Red Dragon have finally done his work justice after all those years without any limiteds.
    Did the numbered edition and lettered edition have different art?
    They both had art by Marshall Arisman, but unlike most Sub Press lettered editions, there was no dustjacket on the book because they did a knock-out job on the binding and boards. As a result, the books present quite differently. The numbered book is dominated by the Arisman dustjacket, so if you don't like his work you probably won't want to display it. The lettered one is just a beautiful design and all of Arisman's work is internal, so you can display without seeing any of Arisman's illustrations.
    If one does not like the art, internal or external, why buy the book?
    Because you like the author. I don't get your question. I collect King and have MANY books where I do not like the artwork.
    That's where you get your varying degree of collector. I had many chances to buy the PS King books but I can't stand most of the art and wouldn't want them on my shelf. The only one I find tolerable is The Stand. The obsessive collecter part of me still looks at the PS versions and almost pulls the trigger but I can't. I love Stephen King but don't need the PS versions due to the art.
    So you are not a King collector that is anyways shape or form a completist. Varying degrees for sure I will have every number and letter some day... regardless of the artwork. I love the books... cause they are Kings
    This is my goal too, although I doubt I will get all the Letters.

There are several books I hate the art in (Insomnia, Tommyknockers to name a few), but I still have them.
    Ah you’re killing me! I love Phil Hale and Daniel Serra’s work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Time to re-rail this thread I say.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

One re-railing coming up
    Still 17 IAL S\L left and 93 GE left
    Still 85 Brothers left
    Still 222 GE Red Dragon left
    Plus we have an announcement in March.
    And IAL Plus The Time Machine are still in the Printing stage.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Mike!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    One re-railing coming up
    Still 85 Brothers left
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

One re-railing coming up
    Still 85 Brothers left
    I needed this. Thank you Mike!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Np problem Guys. Trying to help where I can.
    And Red Dragon
    The Invisible man
    War of the World are showing up on the Status page. I love when I see
    stuff listed there .

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Received my broadside today, very nice, very sharp, thank you.

I hope you keep up this fine tradition next year and send me a free broadsword.

The year after that a broadaxe would be nice...
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Broadship for me
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

How about a broad.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    How about a broad.
    That would raise customer appreciation to a whole new level.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I received a surprise package today, Paul sent me a email last week to confirm my address. Two days later I received the Broadside he had sent out very nice, but he knew my address. So in this package today was a letter stating "THE H.G. WELLS COLLECTION CONTEST WINNER CONGRATULATIONS!
    Your order was selected at random to win this signed copy of THE SHINING by Stephen King ENJOY!"
    Folio society The Shining
    In collecting I did not buy any of the Folio Society Or PS books for I had to drawn the line in how many different edition's of one said book I can collect, space factor's in here too.
    I'm honored and grateful for the book Paul Thank You for all you do.

Kevin

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ke7285 View Post
    I received a surprise package today, Paul sent me a email last week to confirm my address. Two days later I received the Broadside he had sent out very nice, but he knew my address. So in this package today was a letter stating "THE H.G. WELLS COLLECTION CONTEST WINNER CONGRATULATIONS!
    Your order was selected at random to win this signed copy of THE SHINING by Stephen King ENJOY!"
    In collecting I did not buy any of the Folio Society Or PS books for I had to drawn the line in how many different edition's of one said book I can collect, space factor's in here too.

Kevin
    Wow, what a treat! Congratulations!
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

That’s terrific! Congrats!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Way to go Kevin!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

Default Suntup Press

Where is the Hulk slamming Andre gif when you need it???

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Suntup Press

Where is the Hulk slamming Andre gif when you need it???

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you for the Broadside Paul !! Congrats Kevin on the contest win!!......

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, what an awesome gift, congratulations.

I think we are quite lucky to have you Paul!

My Mood
    Cool

That's awesome Kevin. What a great surprise and gift.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ke7285 View Post

Kevin
    You’re welcome! Happy to see it arrived, and that you didn’t already have this one. Enjoy!!

My Mood
    Cool

OK. Unlike some other updates, this one is more important.
    The Invisible Man and War of the Worlds are now open to the public
    Invisible Man only 15 numbered left. Lettered by lottery
    War of the Worlds 13 left numbered left. Lettered by lottery.
    They both look awesome. Get them while you can.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

I have pictures up of my framed ROAD broadside up on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/stat...206676997?s=21

I hesitated to cover up the Suntup name and date, but the ready-made 5x7 matting and 8x10 frame (which has a charred look that echoes the post-apocalyptic theme of McCarthy’s book) was a fraction of custom, and I think it still looks great.

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Kevin!

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

OK. Unlike some other updates, this one is more important.
    The Invisible Man and War of the Worlds are now open to the public
    Invisible Man only 15 numbered left. Lettered by lottery
    War of the Worlds 13 left numbered left. Lettered by lottery.
    They both look awesome. Get them while you can.
    Hi Paul,

I vaguely recall the lottery, but am not 100% sure I entered. I don't seem to recall the question about if you would buy both or just one, so I now have my doubts. Is there a way to double check? Is there a penalty if I enter twice?
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

+ Reply to Thread
Page 345 of 645 FirstFirst ... 245 295 335 343 344 345 346 347 355 395 445 ... LastLast