Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 297 of 644 FirstFirst ... 197 247 287 295 296 297 298 299 307 347 397 ... LastLast
Results 7,401 to 7,425 of 16086

Thread: Suntup Editions

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'm trying to process $39,000 for three books.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I once house sat for a family with a 16,000 square foot house. It had a 30 seat movie theatre, elevator, and 2 attached 3 car garages. You could airlift my house, garage, and entire lot and drop it all comfortably into this guys back yard. It was like the goddamned Overlook. It was a $2.5 million home. The taxes alone were $43k a year. I couldn’t sustain those bills for more than 2 months.

But someone could. And his house was in a gated community full of someones. Those are the people who can afford $40k for a three book set. And I’m glad to know that a few of those someones share my love of Suntup Editions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BadHatHarry View Post
    Also, just curious, anything further develop from the Calvin and Hobbes request?
    Never heard back. When I find a moment I’ll hit it from a different angle.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I once house sat for a family with a 16,000 square foot house. It had a 30 seat movie theatre, elevator, and 2 attached 3 car garages. You could airlift my house, garage, and entire lot and drop it all comfortably into this guys back yard. It was like the goddamned Overlook. It was a $2.5 million home. The taxes alone were $43k a year. I couldn’t sustain those bills for more than 2 months.

But someone could. And his house was in a gated community full of someones. Those are the people who can afford $40k for a three book set. And I’m glad to know that a few of those someones share my love of Suntup Editions.

I drove past Henry Ford's house once.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Lettered editions for The Time Machine sold out almost immediately.

The Roman Numeral edition sounds incredible. Still available as of now. Only 5 copies (or less) printed!

All editions look pretty special. A set of Wells' work is a great idea, Paul!

(In other news, my RB Numbered is out for delivery! )

HBJ
    Man, I was so tempted to jump on the lettered train but still can't quite manage it yet. Probably a few years out realistically without it being a burden. Received my RB yesterday afternoon and will be opening it shortly! I cheated and peeked at Becca's post and it's gorgeous! Well done Suntup team!

Paul. How many lettereds were available at the public announcement and how quickly did they go?

If I were someone, I would have purchased it in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I drove past Henry Ford's house once.
    Mr. Ford was kind enough to sell me one of his pickups a few years back.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

So true. The "other half" lives with completely different economic math than me. What counts as discretionary money for some just has more digits in the number than for me. I actually live in gratitude there aren't more of them deeply interested in the exact same things as me, or I'd never have a shot at some of the "nice things" I strive for.

I also agree it's kinda cool if Paul can activate interest from a handful of those who can enable this kind of luxurious edition -- especially given at the end of the journey Paul has a copy on his own shelf. I'm sure it's an awesome feeling inspiring others to join in realizing a dream. Sortof a microcosm of the whole Suntup Editions adventure, just in this case at a small, select level of opulence.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

I think it's nice that Paul earns $12,000 for one of his books instead of a flipper.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post

I think it's nice that Paul earns $12,000 for one of his books instead of a flipper.
    Yes.

Country
    Country Flag

Just unboxed Rosemary’s Baby and I am floored. I’ll be posting the event to my YouTube channel in the next few days. It’s more of a rambling mess than usual because I’m just overcome with the incredible beauty of both the numbered edition and the AGE. Wow.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Just unboxed Rosemary’s Baby and I am floored. I’ll be posting the event to my YouTube channel in the next few days. It’s more of a rambling mess than usual because I’m just overcome with the incredible beauty of both the numbered edition and the AGE. Wow.
    That's really saying something.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

So, I came home from work yesterday to find that Rosemary delivered a couple of beautiful babies via USPS.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Interested to read the comment that Paul “earns” $12,000 from the Roman Numeral copy.
    I have had a binding done by Sangorsky and Sutcliffe. They would be taking a huge percentage of the $12,950 per book to achieve the specification that I would imagine Paul is looking to provide.
    Totally agree with you on the resale side, though it is perfectly possible that these copies will fetch a considerable profit, assuming anyone is mad enough to part with one.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    Interested to read the comment that Paul “earns” $12,000 from the Roman Numeral copy.
    I have had a binding done by Sangorsky and Sutcliffe. They would be taking a huge percentage of the $12,950 per book to achieve the specification that I would imagine Paul is looking to provide.
    Totally agree with you on the resale side, though it is perfectly possible that these copies will fetch a considerable profit, assuming anyone is mad enough to part with one.
    Agreed. There is no way Paul makes $12000 on a $12950 book. Lol

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Yes to this too. I agreed with Ben’s overall sentiment that any money made on such a pricey sale would go to Paul. I’m sure the profit is nowhere near 12k for just one book.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

I'm well aware that Paul's profit isn't remotely close to $12,000, especially with a print run of 5 books. My point was simply that it was nice to see that he was able to successfully sell the roman numeral edition at that price point. If he ever receives permission to produce another SK book I hope he prices the lettered (and roman numeral if there were to be one) at a significant premium to what Misery was priced at. One man's opinion here: Paul has clearly established himself as a premier specialty publisher who consistently delivers above & beyond expectations and, to that end, is deserving of the maximum financial rewards for his efforts.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Opened mine early this morning and it's gorgeous! Are the tile pieces we received random or are they specific to each order in some way?
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

My Numbered RB also arrived yesterday, and am unboxing it today. I still need to make room for it so where on my shelves.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Paul. How many lettereds were available at the public announcement and how quickly did they go?
    2 copies.
    9:01am
    9:02am.

Opened mine early this morning and it's gorgeous! Are the tile pieces we received random or are they specific to each order in some way?
    Random for the Numbered edition. The tiles in the Lettered books will not be random. It was not feasible to customize 250 orders, but 26 was manageable.

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

Wait, what? I saw Becca's pictures, but I thought those tiles were just something she added herself for the sake of the pictures. How cool!

I know the tiles are in the movie, but are they in the book too?

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

With an unparalleled reputation for excellence, Sangorski & Sutcliffe is widely considered to be the Rolls Royce of bookbinding. Such is their fame, they have a book written exclusively about their founding history. in 2016 Shepherds Oak Knoll published The Cinderella of the Arts: A Short History of Sangorski & Sutcliffe which charts their extraordinary journey in becoming the most celebrated craft bookbinding workshop in the world.

https://ilab.org/articles/cinderella-arts-short-history-sangorski-sutcliffe

Then I read Paul's description of the Roman Numeral edition: printed letterpress on Hahnemühle Biblio mold-made paper... midnight blue goatskin with a ‘vortex’ on the front board... white gold leaf hand tooling to create the impression of movement...

I agree with Alec and really cannot see much profit to be made on this edition, as the production costs on it are clearly insane! However what I can see is Paul's hard work, dedication and continued love in creating something truly beautiful.

The Roman Numeral edition is not a book. It is not a work of art. It is a philosophy.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    2 copies.
    9:01am
    9:02am.

Random for the Numbered edition. The tiles in the Lettered books will not be random. It was not feasible to customize 250 orders, but 26 was manageable.
    Thanks, Paul!

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I had a chance to check out my s/l RB, and the illustrations are quite striking. They complement the story very well. Paul, have you thought of doing an art portfolio of multiple books? Like ‘The art of Suntup Editions’ or something like that that combines the illustrations from a few books, including Rosemary’s Baby? That would be cool for the titles that have only a few pieces of artwork apiece.

That letterpress video is crazy. I didn’t realize each sheet needs to be hand fed into the machine, so labor intensive and hands on. And the precision the machine seems to exhibit is pretty amazing. I wonder how many sheets print funny or don’t have enough ink and need to be redone.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

The letterpress video is the 1st Suntup video I ever watched, and I liked it very much.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I also unpacked my Numbered Edition, and it's a beautiful, elegant volume. Many little details, and very fine materials and craftsmanship. Well done, Paul and team.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Mine should get here Wednesday if I can get my driveway cleared by then. Time for exercise!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 297 of 644 FirstFirst ... 197 247 287 295 296 297 298 299 307 347 397 ... LastLast