Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 129 of 644 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 127 128 129 130 131 139 179 229 629 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,225 of 16096

Thread: Suntup Editions

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    The collector has put some value info for Misery
    http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/limited/misery.html
    The prices seem pretty close to what I have been seeing. But if anybody else has other thoughts, of course, share them.
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. His lettered is pretty far off....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    The prices seem pretty close to what I have been seeing. But if anybody else has other thoughts, of course, share them.
    Got you. It's the only site I know I can go to and quick idea of how much a book might be worth. I know I can ask here also if I want.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Just a bit....

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

So we got our copies of the gift edition in today, and I had the strangest thing happen in all of my time handling books. I unwrapped the shrink wrap from one of our extra copies and slid the book out. Noticed there was something on the side of the book and brushed it away. I immdediately realized what I had brushed away was a spider web and shook it off my hand. The next thing I notice is a medium sized spider scurrying across the floor (which immediately got stomped). So there was a spider inside the shrinkwrap, inside the slipcase. That is something I have never had happen to me. No fault of Pauls, kinda funny actually.

The books look fantastic by the way.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Would you say his numbered and Artist Gift ed are closer to being accurate?

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    So we got our copies of the gift edition in today, and I had the strangest thing happen in all of my time handling books. I unwrapped the shrink wrap from one of our extra copies and slid the book out. Noticed there was something on the side of the book and brushed it away. I immdediately realized what I had brushed away was a spider web and shook it off my hand. The next thing I notice is a medium sized spider scurrying across the floor (which immediately got stomped). So there was a spider inside the shrinkwrap, inside the slipcase. That is something I have never had happen to me. No fault of Pauls, kinda funny actually.

The mythical Spider Edition. Congrats!
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Number I think low but artist is bang on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Id say yeah on the artist/gift. I think his s/l guesstimates are still a shade on the low side although not egregious(high range wise).

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So the gift edition has a spider bound variant …
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think that's awesome !!
    Well it's obviously a Stephen king book....
    Hey Paul, how come mine didn't have one? That's really not fair.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Gunslinger Apprentice PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by racerx45 View Post

So the gift edition has a spider bound variant …
    Darn.... a 1 of 1 copy.

I am announcing I am willing to trade my Misery S/L for a Spider Variant Misery Gift Edition.
    Lettered Wants:
    Altered Carbon "O"

Lettereds for Trade:
    The Passage Trilogy
    Wool Trilogy
    Silence of the Lambs
    Jekyll & Hyde

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Perhaps he's deliberately omitting the markup for rights. He's just talking about the book itself?

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post

Perhaps he's deliberately omitting the markup for rights. He's just talking about the book itself?

HBJ
    Rights follow book. And no other book.... so it’s a part of every equation. Until another one (hopefully) comes out. Then that ones has the rights.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Default Suntup Press

HBJ
    Rights follow book. And no other book.... so it’s a part of every equation. Until another one (hopefully) comes out. Then that ones has the rights.

It seems like a reasonable assumption, though. Tomas has to know what they’re going for and, as for the numbered (not sure about lettered because I haven’t followed that as closely), $3000-$3500 kind of jives with what most have been saying the book is worth without rights. I get what you’re saying that it’s currently irrelevant but maybe Tomas is just preparing for the long term?
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

HBJ

Yes, I understand that you can't buy the book without the rights today, but perhaps he wants to avoid having to update the estimate if/when the next Suntup King S/L is announced. That is, he's stating the long term value of the book itself, discounting the value of the rights, specifically because the rights won't always remain with the book.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post

HBJ

It seems like a reasonable assumption, though. Tomas has to know what they’re going for and, as for the numbered (not sure about lettered because I haven’t followed that as closely), $3000-$3500 kind of jives with what most have been saying the book is worth without rights. I get what you’re saying that it’s currently irrelevant but maybe Tomas is just preparing for the long term?
    Perhaps... never know. Not hard to update his site though when prices settle at that time. Perhaps he isn’t sure? I don’t know. Lot of this is guessing as we all know.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Lettered should be marked as ‘Street Price’ as per The Gunslinger page. Right now value is whatever an individual is prepared to pay given an opportunity to purchase.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Lettered should be marked as ‘Street Price’ as per The Gunslinger page. Right now value is whatever an individual is prepared to pay given an opportunity to purchase.
    Wouldn’t all books fall under this street pricing then? Haha

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

THANK YOU everyone for the comments about the Artist Gift edition! Happy to hear that you are enjoying it, and the packaging!

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Sorry if some of the comments/questions have already been stated ad nauseam already but I have been skimming and being careful reading this thread for the last 2 or 3 weeks since I didn't want to spoil all the surprises. In case there are still a few more people who haven't received theirs yet and they want it to be a surprise, I will put some of my comments/questions in spoilers.

Due to all the comments about the book, I spent more time examining the text then I normally would for a limited edition.

Spoiler:

• Really loved how you changed the chapter headings to look like type writter keys. Its fascinating to note, how the shift value for some of the numbers has changed compared to a modern computer keyboard.
    • I noticed that you were able to use the same "font" used for the letter's n,t,e in the original. I see that there were 3 or more variations for the letter n (not counting capital N).
    • I noticed that the "font" used for chapter 28 in book III was not the same as in the 1st/1st hardcover. How does this work regarding to custom fonts? Do you have to license them? Were they unwilling to give them to you, or did you feel a different font was better?
    • Loved the blood splatter on the page where the foot is chopped off. Were there other special effects like this that I missed?

Has there been any thoughts to a portfolio for the book? Would think it would be ironic if one wasn't done, since a previous portfolio was a requirement for early ordering and number matching for the numbered/lettered editions of this book.

As everyone else has stated (except one member), JOB WELL DONE!

BTW, are you at liberty to say what the distribution was among the 3 Remarque options? (posted my remarque in the P&J thread)

Thanks,
    Mike
    Mike, I thought I'd answer your questions here.

"I noticed that you were able to use the same "font" used for the letter's n,t,e in the original. I see that there were 3 or more variations for the letter n (not counting capital N)."

By 'original' I'm assuming you mean the 1st edition? We did not match any fonts. The complete text was redesigned from scratch, and type was carefully selected based on the overall theme of the novel. And yes, there were multiple variations of handwritten fonts used. We started out with just one style, but it did not look unique enough for me, so we figured out a way to randomly disperse a selection of handwritten fonts across the Misery's Return manuscript pages. I'm pleased with the result.

I noticed that the "font" used for chapter 28 in book III was not the same as in the 1st/1st hardcover. How does this work regarding to custom fonts? Do you have to license them? Were they unwilling to give them to you, or did you feel a different font was better?

So we were not trying to match the 1st edition interior design of the book. That is not something I would ever consider doing. This is a new edition of the novel, meaning we start fresh from a design standpoint. Aside from the exterior binding design, the interiors are super important, and we built that from the ground up. We began with a blank canvas, and designed from there. No need to get fonts from previous publishers. Hope that makes sense.

Loved the blood splatter on the page where the foot is chopped off. Were there other special effects like this that I missed?

Thanks, I like that spatter. We had to get just the right spatter design to work with the page. Also make sure that it doesn't cover too much of the text so that it isn't readable. Spent more time on that spatter than you would imagine! And yes, there is one other effect that I have not seen anyone mention yet.

BTW, are you at liberty to say what the distribution was among the 3 Remarque options? (posted my remarque in the P&J thread)

Sure 49% Royal, 33% Axe, 18% Pig.

I'm so pleased someone found the spider variant!!! But seriously, I am amazed it survived that long in such tight quarters.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I envisioned a Far Side style comic with this scene. Spider with trailing web from book, landing on the floor, and yelling "Freedom!". While the foot is coming down on him.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

HBJ

Perhaps... never know. Not hard to update his site though when prices settle at that time. Perhaps he isn’t sure? I don’t know. Lot of this is guessing as we all know.

I'm guessing that Tomas probably hasn't seen any of the lettered sales figures since none of them happened on ebay. He probably just took the lettered publication price and added a 50% premium for good measure.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Thanks, I like that spatter. We had to get just the right spatter design to work with the page. Also make sure that it doesn't cover too much of the text so that it isn't readable. Spent more time on that spatter than you would imagine! And yes, there is one other effect that I have not seen anyone mention yet.
    Sounds like we need a Misery scavenger hunt to find the missing effect
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post

HBJ

I'm guessing that Tomas probably hasn't seen any of the lettered sales figures since none of them happened on ebay. He probably just took the lettered publication price and added a 50% premium for good measure.
    Educated guess Yep... makes sense

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Just goes to show how well the book was packed if the spider lived.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Sounds like we need a Misery scavenger hunt to find the missing effect
    There have been photos posted but I don't know if anyone caught on. You have to look through all the pages. You will see it if you are paying attention
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 129 of 644 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 127 128 129 130 131 139 179 229 629 ... LastLast