Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 121 of 645 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 119 120 121 122 123 131 171 221 621 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,025 of 16105

Thread: Suntup Editions

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    So, I think this type of uniform error has to be seen in relative terms and is something collector's need to accept as part of this hobby of ours.
    I disagree, Without hearing from Paul what options are available, one can speak for themselves but not for everyone.

Quite frankly it's a simple fix. The expense is the shipping to and from the printer/binder. As long as Paul doesn't get stuck with the cost, it should be fixed for those who wish.

People were pretty adamant about the case discoloration for The Shining:
    Rubbing Damage To S/L The Shining

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

wasnt there another edition that had the unpleasant property to stick together with the book next to "it" on the shelf ?
    I cant recall what that was...

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by PennyUnwise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Are all copies affected, or is there an error variant now? :p
    With the numbered, now there are three ink colors for the numbers and now error variants. Man, I feel bad if you are a hardcore completist!
    WHAT SAY YOU? There are the black and red numbers - what is the other color, and for which books?

Forgive me, I have been avoiding all the pics and unboxing videos until I receive my copy, so this may have been covered in detail before...

Gunslinger Apprentice PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    With the numbered, now there are three ink colors for the numbers and now error variants. Man, I feel bad if you are a hardcore completist!
    WHAT SAY YOU? There are the black and red numbers - what is the other color, and for which books?

Forgive me, I have been avoiding all the pics and unboxing videos until I receive my copy, so this may have been covered in detail before...
    Supposedly initial numbers were in blue and then switched over to black after a certain amount. I have seen one person with blue on here, I believe HunchbackJack.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

That is different (IMO) Those copies were damaged(there were/are Fine copies available) while these are more in the production error whoopsadoodle department(seemingly all s/l affected).(Yes i realize that a production error of sorts led to the rubbing issues). If the theoretical fix is indeed easy peazy then sure..that would be great. I imagine it would be much more extensive than that.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I say add a note of the error to the catalog and move one. Paul will work with those that need it fix.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

As long as Paul doesn't get stuck with the cost, it should be fixed for those who wish.
    Shouldn’t the books all be uniform, though? I know my mind is going to spin deciding which route I should take. If everyone was going to have it fixed then the decision would be easy. Same goes if everyone keeps it as is. I just don’t want to have the one that later on is decided to be the inferior variant.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Suntup Press

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post

That is different (IMO) Those copies were damaged(there were/are Fine copies available) while these are more in the production error whoopsadoodle department(seemingly all s/l affected).(Yes i realize that a production error of sorts led to the rubbing issues). If the theoretical fix is indeed easy peazy then sure..that would be great. I imagine it would be much more extensive than that.
    I agree. This was different. If memory serves me, the issue was corrected half way through shipping to no? Misery was all shipped with the page error.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So, I think this type of uniform error has to be seen in relative terms and is something collector's need to accept as part of this hobby of ours.
    I disagree, Without hearing from Paul what options are available, one can speak for themselves but not for everyone.

Quite frankly it's a simple fix. The expense is the shipping to and from the printer/binder. As long as Paul doesn't get stuck with the cost, it should be fixed for those who wish.

I only purchased the AE so I don't know if I have a horse in this race, but generally speaking (FWIW) I'd have to agree with, El Jefe here. That sounds like the prudent way to approach the issue at this point. Another observation is that I think we would all agree that knowing, Paul as we do he will do whatever the right thing to do is. Therefore, before hearing what he has to say after analyzing the situation everything else is just chatter. JMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post

I agree, the Shining case is different. That this was the kind of thing I was referring to in my original post - a "structural" kind of error which will degrade the integrity / quality of the book over time.

I disagree, Without hearing from Paul what options are available, one can speak for themselves but not for everyone. [/URL][/B]
    Yes, definitely. I had used "personally" and "in my opinion" twice in my original post, but I should have used it again prefixing my last sentence also - all just speaking for myself...

Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about

My copy has the pages misplaced as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wish List
    Christine S/L

“Everyone isn’t bad, Mama! Everything isn’t a sin!” - Carrie

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

The numbered edition limitation page states that 185 copies are numbered in black and 15 numbered in red.

My copy is numbered in blue.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

For the record, my interest in the value of this book, in terms of whether the error or fixed variant will be inferior, does not necessarily imply I’m looking to sell. It would just bug the hell out of me knowing my copy is not the “better one” the same way a NF copy of a first edition bugs me when I know there’s a Fine copy out there and I don’t have it. Value can be intrinsic, too. I imagine I’m not the only one who sees it that way.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Supposedly initial numbers were in blue and then switched over to black after a certain amount. I have seen one person with blue on here, I believe HunchbackJack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    The numbered edition limitation page states that 185 copies are numbered in black and 15 numbered in red.

Ah... thanks for the info guys.

My numbered limitation is two digits so I will kindly request that Paul write one number in black and one number in blue and then add a red underline.

And while I'm making requests, can my remarque please be in full color?

Spoiler:
    (Also just go ahead and have Barry Moser sign it)

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

Another note for the catalog.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    For the record, my interest in the value of this book, in terms of whether the error or fixed variant will be inferior, does not necessarily imply I’m looking to sell. It would just bug the hell out of me knowing my copy is not the “better one” the same way a NF copy of a first edition bugs me when I know there’s a Fine copy out there and I don’t have it. Value can be intrinsic, too. I imagine I’m not the only one who sees it that way.
    Don't be worried about that stuff! Just be content with the copies you have. There is always a better copy out there than yours, one which dust jacket or pages are crisper, cleaner, etc...
    Lettered Wants:
    Altered Carbon "O"

Lettereds for Trade:
    The Passage Trilogy
    Wool Trilogy
    Silence of the Lambs
    Jekyll & Hyde

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks all for your positive energy today folks! Really means a lot to me. I will be sending an email to NE owners very soon.

The blue ink was my mistake. There's an errata sheet for this if you'd like to download and print for your files. It can be found here.

I think I'm going to rest now! Been a long day. Oh, and the Artist Gift Editions will start to ship this week.

My Mood
    Chatty

Don't be worried about that stuff! Just be content with the copies you have. There is always a better copy out there than yours, one which dust jacket or pages are crisper, cleaner, etc...
    Good point! Thanks, PennyUnwise.

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Not sure if it has been determined if the misplaced pages is on all the Limited copies or not but I checked and mine matches those described here.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

If we’re going to check Misery, we also have to put every other SL, from all publishers, through the same test and scrutiny. My bet is that many of our SLs contain some printing, editing and binding errors.
    We do check every S/L from all the publishers and we record the findings in the catalog entry. Suntup's production failures/erratas etc should be accurately recorded just like any other publisher.

That's what make's the catalog the best, and most acurate in the world.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My initial comparison of the shining was more to point out that if there are issues with books, as a collector we can choose to live with it or not. It is a totally different issue but its more about people reactions.

Keep it, fix it or sell it. Mmm.

No biggy.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In my opinion, given that the books sells for a shy less than 10x the original price (limited edition) / 3 times (lettered), there should not be any reason to concern with that issue.
    I understand that this is annoying, especially for Paul... but in the worst case, just sell your copy and you will even make a margin.

Obviously, it may not be the case if the market is suddenly flooded with copies. But still !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Thanks all for your positive energy today folks! Really means a lot to me. I will be sending an email to NE owners very soon.

The blue ink was my mistake. There's an errata sheet for this if you'd like to download and print for your files. It can be found here.

I think I'm going to rest now! Been a long day. Oh, and the Artist Gift Editions will start to ship this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    If we’re going to check Misery, we also have to put every other SL, from all publishers, through the same test and scrutiny. My bet is that many of our SLs contain some printing, editing and binding errors.
    We do check every S/L from all the publishers and we record the findings in the catalog entry. Suntup's production failures/erratas etc should be accurately recorded just like any other publisher.

That's what make's the catalog the best, and most acurate in the world.
    I have updated the Catalog entry to include the information regarding Blue Ink. I will hold off updating anything regarding the misbound pages until Paul makes an official statement.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

I really don't know all the ins and outs and I can only speak for myself. But if I had a NE, I'd keep it exactly as it was shipped. Even if everyone else sent theirs in to have the pages reformatted and rebound. This issue is part of the original Suntup story and getting it "fixed" would change that story. Unless it was a structural issue (like so many of my Grant editions!!!! ) then I'd leave it. Just my take on it. Of course, I'd be THRILLED to buy any copies that people felt were inferiror.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wouldn’t an official (but optional) publisher fix to these pages technically be a “second state”? Or a “rebound” state? I can’t see how it could be a first state.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 121 of 645 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 119 120 121 122 123 131 171 221 621 ... LastLast