Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 644 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 203 603 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 16087

Thread: Suntup Editions

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    BTW I just realized that the publication date of Misery is the anniversary of Shirley Jackson's death; 08/08/1965.

Paul?
    Crossroads, I'm tellin' ya.
    You asked for it...

http://<a href="http://www.youtube.c...tLhPeLB9bA</a>
    The link may be bad, Brian. It's not pulling up for me.
    The link is good. Just go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtLhPeLB9bA which is the link.

Something is wrong with the site allowing the link to play.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The link is good. Just go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtLhPeLB9bA which is the link.

Something is wrong with the site allowing the link to play.
    Oh hell yea!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

For some reason I thought the the numbered took longer then 4 days. My mistake.
    And this is how fast IT sold out, right from their site
    "The Deluxe Lettered Edition sold out within 25 minutes of being announced and the Deluxe Limited Edition sold out within 30 hours of being announced."
    So according to them the book wasn't around for weeks. Maybe the gift ed was, but not the others.
    Anyway, as you say Paul, how fast a book sells out doesn't mean it's better then something else. It just has to do with demand. And you are right, 4 days is pretty quick.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    For some reason I thought the the numbered took longer then 4 days. My mistake.
    And this is how fast IT sold out, right from their site
    "The Deluxe Lettered Edition sold out within 25 minutes of being announced and the Deluxe Limited Edition sold out within 30 hours of being announced."
    So according to them the book wasn't around for weeks. Maybe the gift ed was, but not the others.
    Anyway, as you say Paul, how fast a book sells out doesn't mean it's better then something else. It just has to do with demand. And you are right, 4 days is pretty quick.
    Sorry, yeah I meant the Gift edition.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

BTW I just realized that the publication date of Misery is the anniversary of Shirley Jackson's death; 08/08/1965.

Paul?
    Whoa! I bet that’ll play with some minds when Hill House’s publication date’s released (mine included).

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    So when it was available 4 days later I was stunned. And I considered buying another copy.
    I had that realization a day or two after public sales when I found out we could buy two per household. Had no idea we could do that! So glad right now I bought another copy as I’ll likely need to sell it to pay for this upcoming publication.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Sorry, but these are the version that matters
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVH_si6N5pM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF5fQXVZGug
    Cream fan for ever.
    OH, and to keep from getting in trouble, Dec can't get here fast enough.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Suntup Press

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Paul is probably reading this thinking "man, these people really are crazy."
    And that's a good thing... The famous Steve Jobs quote says it all.

I bet that Paul is thinking, "These are my kind of people."
    100%
    You are so right man... You ARE my kind of people. Your comment sparked something. So it was back to the garage, digging up old photos. If you will indulge me, here's a very quick story. I also wrote a little about this in one of the RTM posts.

Spoiler:
    This picture epitomizes what 'my kind of people' are to me. Back when I had my comic store, there was this kid who was picking out his comics for the day to purchase. He had a small stack in his hands, and a calculator on top, figuring out how much they would cost him. I must have felt it was important at the time to take this picture, and all these years later, I can see why.

He had this smile on his face, of wonder and excitement over the comic books. I connected with that kid, who is probably in his 30's today, and in that moment, I knew that the people coming into that store to get their fix, were my people. And I also knew I wanted to be surrounded by people like this. It took a while, but here I am again. Surrounded by all of you, my people. I may not be selling comics now, but I am publishing books, and I'm gonna keep that sense of wonder and excitement alive for you, for as long as I can.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke;1118034Paul is probably reading this thinking "man, these people really [I
    are[/I] crazy."
    And that's a good thing... The famous Steve Jobs quote says it all.

100%
    You are so right man... You ARE my kind of people. Your comment sparked something. So it was back to the garage, digging up old photos. If you will indulge me, here's a very quick story. I also wrote a little about this in one of the RTM posts.

Spoiler:
    This picture epitomizes what 'my kind of people' are to me. Back when I had my comic store, there was this kid who was picking out his comics for the day to purchase. He had a small stack in his hands, and a calculator on top, figuring out how much they would cost him. I must have felt it was important at the time to take this picture, and all these years later, I can see why.

He had this smile on his face, of wonder and excitement over the comic books. I connected with that kid, who is probably in his 30's today, and in that moment, I knew that the people coming into that store to get their fix, were my people. And I also knew I wanted to be surrounded by people like this. It took a while, but here I am again. Surrounded by all of you, my people. I may not be selling comics now, but I am publishing books, and I'm gonna keep that sense of wonder and excitement alive for you, for as long as I can.

That's why you'll always have us. You're the real deal.

My Mood
    Cool

Well, I am your people for sure, I have one at least one person who can attest to that.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Rose tinted glasses Paul. I betcha that kid was working out how much profit he could make when he sold them the next week to his 'friends' at school. Kid's probably now a rich, mean spirited Investment banker who is on his second model wife and drives a sporty Tesla, because, well you know....it went to space...

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

LOL@Simon.

When it comes to our craziness; we here are all the kid with the calculator.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Love that picture, and story, Paul! Thanks for posting both. That kind of stuff makes my day.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

100%

Spoiler:

That's so cool. Great story.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Love that picture, and story, Paul! Thanks for posting both. That kind of stuff makes my day.
    +1

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

If someone passes on the next release, will they still have the same rights to subsequent releases? For instance, if I pass on the next non-King book, will I still have pre-order access to the non-King books after that? If so, will I lose my number?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    If someone passes on the next release, will they still have the same rights to subsequent releases? For instance, if I pass on the next non-King book, will I still have pre-order access to the non-King books after that? If so, will I lose my number?
    The way I understand it, Adam is that if you pass on either the next King or non-King, you lose your preorder rights to any forthcoming books in that particular group.

The King and non-King are two separate groups as you can pass up all the non-King stuff and still retain your King rights if/when another one is released.

A member also expressed to me that it's best to stay in the loop as you can sell any book that you're not really interested in once its released. Although, I personally feel there will be tremendous value in a fully matched set in either group. King being the most valuable of the two of course.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The way I understand it, Adam is that if you pass on either the next King or non-King, you lose your preorder rights to any forthcoming books in that particular group.

The King and non-King are two separate groups as you can pass up all the non-King stuff and still retain your King rights if/when another one is release.

A member also expressed to me that it's best to stay in the loop as you can sell any book that you're not really interested in once its released. Although, I personally feel there will be tremendous value in a fully matched set in either group. King being the most valuable of the two of course.
    Paul can confirm but I’m pretty sure Rights follow the book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian is correct.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Brian is correct.
    So if you had Haunting, sold it once it was released... you still have the rights if you don’t pass them on via the form? Thanks Paul for clarification brother
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Brian is correct.
    So if you had Haunting, sold it once it was released... you still have the rights if you don’t pass them on via the form? Thanks Paul for clarification brother
    No, when you sell a book, the rights transfer to the new owner.

Country
    Country Flag

Brian is correct.

Country
    Country Flag

Brian is correct.
    You must own the most recent book to maintain the rights. Once the next King book, or non-King book is purchased, a person could sell the previous title and not loose rights.

Adam, If you passed on the next book, you would lose your rights to that number and the pre-sale. You would remain on Paul's customer list. It's possible that Paul might notify previous customers after the pre-sale and before the public on future titles.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

We are deep into prep work for Misery shipping. More soon.

My Mood
    Chatty

Default Suntup Press

Brian is correct.
    You must own the most recent book to maintain the rights. Once the next King book, or non-King book is purchased, a person could sell the previous title and not loose rights.

Adam, If you passed on the next book, you would lose your rights to that number and the pre-sale. You would remain on Paul's customer list. It's possible that Paul might notify previous customers after the pre-sale and before the public on future titles.
    Thanks, guys! Appreciate the rundown, Brian and Brian!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those boxes are beautiful. But are they first printings?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 644 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 203 603 ... LastLast