Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 644 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 201 601 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 16096

Thread: Suntup Editions

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Congrats to all of those anxiously waiting. Only a few more days for you guys.
    Very Fine Books is auctioning off one now and the price isn't outrageous (yet).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-Kin...LH_TitleDesc=0
    reserve not meet though
    Yeah. Hence my (yet). I wonder where VFB has set the reserve. If it's $200, I'd say that's still reasonable and even on the low end.
    It didn't sell. High bid of $227.50 with reserve not met.
    That's interesting! Can you change the reserve after your listing goes live?? Because I checked before the auction ended to see where it was and the high bid at the time was $201 and the "reserve not met" message was gone. So I assumed the reserve was $200. Maybe I wasn't paying close attention. I seriously doubt you can raise the reserve once people start bidding.
    The reserver is still there, the bid being $150

Awhile ago Alan had an interesting tip : bid 1,000 then retract your bid saying your entered the wrong number.
    You now know what the is the reserver and how much people are willing to pay, so far
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Some sellers see a reserve price as an insurance policy if they want to start with a low bid to get attention, but don't want to risk giving the item away for a song. Makes sense to me.

Reserves are also a way to see where the market is without committing yourself to the highest bid. If the reserve is met, well and good; if not, try again, or relist as a BIN some fraction higher than the highest bid.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Some sellers see a reserve price as an insurance policy if they want to start with a low bid to get attention, but don't want to risk giving the item away for a song. Makes sense to me.

Reserves are also a way to see where the market is without committing yourself to the highest bid. If the reserve is met, well and good; if not, try again, or relist as a BIN some fraction higher than the highest bid.
    I understand the principle. In this case the reserve is above $227.50 and logically no more than $249. It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. He's paying ~$3.00 for the reserve listing each time. So for a $21.50 spread he's spent $6.00 already, making it a $15.50 spread.

So, in this case, I don't get it. For the first auction, sure, but now?
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Oh, okay, I'm sorry. I didn't realize you meant it made no sense in this particular case. My bad.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

We are close boys and girls. Lots of planning and prep work going on over here as all the pieces come together. Watch for an official publication announcement next week.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    We are close boys and girls. Lots of planning and prep work going on over here as all the pieces come together. Watch for an official publication announcement next week.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

BOOSH! and/or ka-kow!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For a new book?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    For a new book?
    For the shipping of Misery
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger Apprentice FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough

Woohoo!

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    For a new book?
    For the shipping of Misery
    Just my two cents, but would a mere shipping notification (even for a very anticipated book) merit the description "official publication announcement"? I suppose technically it fits, but to me it seems a bit grander than "here's the latest update on when you'll receive the thing everyone already knows about."
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

There should be an official publication announcement, not just the shipping notices
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

It would be nice if it was an announcement on the next book as well.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Holy let the good folks breath for a minute brother! LOL
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Slow down there, Hoss. I need a little more recovery time from Hill House!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Suntup Press

St. Troy. The shipping notification email is unrelated to the announcement I mentioned. Unless I’m not understanding your post.

Mike, a new book will only be announced some time after everyone has received their Misery order.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Hey, I am following the rules and keeping this a Suntup post. I am just excited that's all. For EVERYBODY involved.
    (Moves into corner and promises to shut up)

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

St. Troy. The shipping notification email is unrelated to the announcement I mentioned. Unless I’m not understanding your post.

Mike, a new book will only be announced some time after everyone has received their Misery order.
    So based on some rough calculations, I figure I have approximately two weeks to get prepared for the announcement. I reckon the ol' pickup doesn't really need tires quite yet

Being late to the game on Hill House, was there a proposed date that these would be ready?

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Hey, I am following the rules and keeping this a Suntup post. I am just excited that's all. For EVERYBODY involved.
    (Moves into corner and promises to shut up)
    , Mike. I was just bustin your chops. Paul keeps us all in excitement mode! Now, what is that that you have there in the corner
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Cool

Hey Brian. The site said Dec 2018 for Hill house. That's why I am just surprised that we may get an announcement for the next book, which will probably be out in 2019, when we have 4 months to go for Hill House. As far as the corner goes, I am not talking .

Country
    Country Flag

Hey Brian. The site said Dec 2018 for Hill house. That's why I am just surprised that we may get an announcement for the next book, which will probably be out in 2019, when we have 4 months to go for Hill House. As far as the corner goes, I am not talking .
    Thanks, Mike! Now I can play it off as a Christmas present my wife didn't know she bought me Lol@the corner.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah The Announcement, I'd forgotten that was imminent....

Spoiler:
    What did you expect to find in here? I'm not giving anything away.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    I second this emotion.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Simon, I expected the Holy Grail:

Spoiler:

Exciting news! The anticipation is killing me.

Ilium (Simmons)

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I think some people are reading too much into this.

I assumed Paul meant that since Misery is scheduled to be published on 08/08/2018 he would be making an official publication announcement about it. Probably that it's indeed being published on that date and that shipping notices are imminent.

Knowing Paul, there is probably more to it than just that though. Like everyone is getting a penguin.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 644 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 201 601 ... LastLast