Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 616 of 644 FirstFirst ... 116 516 566 606 614 615 616 617 618 626 ... LastLast
Results 15,376 to 15,400 of 16096

Thread: Suntup Editions

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Apparently 38 I think. Managed to get one
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Close to final countdown
    42 N
    1 N
    1 N : you mean lettered?
    Yea, I don't know why I put the N there.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Congrats to those who got one.

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on the sell out Paul! 🎉🎊

I missed out, but i'll get it eventually.
    And i want to thank you for letting the AE of HEX pop up on the website, which i immediately grabbed. 😎

Some day, i'll get the lettered edition. 😊
    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Noxus35 View Post
    Congrats on the sell out Paul!

And i want to thank you for letting the AE of HEX pop up on the website, which i immediately grabbed.

Some day, i'll get the lettered edition.
    Thank you. And good timing on the HEX!

My Mood
    Cool

Yea, Hex is another great AE. I only got the numbered though. But I am still happy that I got the AE and numbered for this one.
    And yes, congrats on the sale of this book. Pretty exciting stuff.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm genuinely surprised that a signed Thomas Harris book went to public preorder. Thomas Harris isn't exactly Joe Hill when it comes to signing things (lol).

Does anyone think Hannibal Rising will get a Suntup edition? It's kind of the outsider of the franchise but...
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    I'm genuinely surprised that a signed Thomas Harris book went to public preorder. Thomas Harris isn't exactly Joe Hill when it comes to signing things (lol).

Does anyone think Hannibal Rising will get a Suntup edition? It's kind of the outsider of the franchise but...
    I was thinking about that. I’m probably getting off the numbered train. If HR gets the Suntup treatment I’ll have to get one after market.

Special Projects Manager mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I might have missed your point, but I wonder if this is more an indication of people dropping off "the number train" prior to this release rather than a lack of interest by existing number holders?

My Mood
    Cool

Well. I feel very lucky that I have been able to stay on the number train since HoHH. It's been tough sometimes, and I understand that not everybody can
    buy a book every month. But I plan on doing it as long as I can.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mmalling View Post

I might have missed your point, but I wonder if this is more an indication of people dropping off "the number train" prior to this release rather than a lack of interest by existing number holders?

I think it's churn and turn. People who don't continue their purchasing are replaced by new buyers.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well. I feel very lucky that I have been able to stay on the number train since HoHH. It's been tough sometimes, and I understand that not everybody can
    I get that, I was only able to stay on as long as I did because I sold a number of books on the Facebook group. Having a matching Hannibal was the main reason why I stayed the course, I’ll be jumping off the train next month.

I also know a few people on the other sites passed on it because they didn’t like the novel itself. I liked it the most out of the series myself but I get why it’s controversial.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Special Projects Manager mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

I think it's churn and turn. People who don't continue their purchasing are replaced by new buyers.
    Totally agree, I picked up a Numbered today when it was opened to the public. I just wasn't sure if the OP was suggesting it actually made it the public because of a lack of interest. Sounds like, as expected, it was a bit of both
    ISO:
    - LSOE AE Remarque
    - Signed Everything's Eventual US 1st
    - Other Dark Tower Remarques

Country
    Country Flag

I don’t think there’s a lack of interest as the remaining copies were grabbed up almost immediately. I just predicted that this is something would have gone to lottery given how how rare Thomas Harris’s signature is.

My Collection

My Mood
    Cool

Cyber.
    I hope you take my post as being like a snob that I was able to stay on. It was not my intent. If you took it that way, sorry.
    I just like what Paul is doing, so I am staying on. I am pretty sure that there is going to be a Kurt V book. Hopefully
    more than one, so I would stay on until that. And that 1,300 page book has me interested. Plus, I just want to stay
    on as long as I can. But I understand people getting off if they are satisficed.

And like it's been said above. One person getting off allows someone new to get on..

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxus35 View Post
    Congrats on the sell out Paul!

And i want to thank you for letting the AE of HEX pop up on the website, which i immediately grabbed.

Some day, i'll get the lettered edition.
    Thank you. And good timing on the HEX!
    Thank you, i just happened to be on the site when it showed up. 😊
    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Probably a fruitless endeavor but if anyone cares to sell their numbered Hannibal copy without the rights and as close to the published price as possible, PM me. My own failure caused me to miss out and this is one of my favorite books. OK, had to give it one shot. Thanks for reading.

Country
    Country Flag

Cyber.
    I hope you take my post as being like a snob that I was able to stay on. It was not my intent. If you took it that way, sorry.
    I just like what Paul is doing, so I am staying on. I am pretty sure that there is going to be a Kurt V book. Hopefully
    more than one, so I would stay on until that. And that 1,300 page book has me interested. Plus, I just want to stay
    on as long as I can. But I understand people getting off if they are satisficed.

And like it's been said above. One person getting off allows someone new to get on..
    I didn’t mean to suggest you were a snob. I would stay on if I could too.

My Collection

My Mood
    Cool

Cyber.

I didn’t mean to suggest you were a snob. I would stay on if I could too.
    Thanks, and I replied via PM.

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Probably a fruitless endeavor but if anyone cares to sell their numbered Hannibal copy without the rights and as close to the published price as possible, PM me. My own failure caused me to miss out and this is one of my favorite books. OK, had to give it one shot. Thanks for reading.
    You never know Tommy. One may pop up. The only issue is that it may be more than issue price. Maybe you can do payments? I might try to reach out to Kris? Maybe after the next book is announced? They may even pop up on ebay. Who knows. I do wish you luck though.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

You never know Tommy. One may pop up. The only issue is that it may be more than issue price. Maybe you can do payments? I might try to reach out to Kris? Maybe after the next book is announced? They may even pop up on ebay. Who knows. I do wish you luck though.
    Thanks, I am open to do payments and possible trades. Thanks for the luck!

Gunslinger Apprentice sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin's Avatar

I get that, I was only able to stay on as long as I did because I sold a number of books on the Facebook group. Having a matching Hannibal was the main reason why I stayed the course, I’ll be jumping off the train next month.

I also know a few people on the other sites passed on it because they didn’t like the novel itself. I liked it the most out of the series myself but I get why it’s controversial.
    Having re-read it recently, Hannibal is a fucking incredible book. So happy I was able to get this. Now I need to snag SOTL to have a full set..

Hannibal Rising... I can't see this as a Suntup lol. I would love to read an interview with Harris about how he feels about that book now
    I really tried to give it a fair shake but it just doesn't stand up to the trilogy at all

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks but Kris hates me. I am open to do payments and possible trades. Thanks for the luck!
    I don’t hate you. Geez I don’t hate anyone
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sullichin View Post
    Hannibal Rising... I can't see this as a Suntup lol. I would love to read an interview with Harris about how he feels about that book now
    I really tried to give it a fair shake but it just doesn't stand up to the trilogy at all
    When he was promoting Cari Mora someone asked him about the reports that Dino de Laurentiis effectively forced him to write Hannibal Rising and he didn’t dispute it but said it was more of a “cordial persuasion”. Maybe he just didn’t want to speak ill of the dead at that point. (Dino did come off as very shameless at times in my opinion, he likened Hannibal to James Bond in terms of franchise potential at one point.)

One of my main issues was it never really gave us the point where Hannibal goes from killing out of vengeance to just killing people because he wants to. There’s a point in Sweeney Todd where he goes from wanting to kill the person who wronged him to killing indiscriminately and in my opinion Hannibal needed some kind of realization like that.

https://youtu.be/_jcLbfUZT9A

I don’t take issue with giving him a backstory but the whole book felt unnecessary in the end.

My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Thanks I am open to do payments and possible trades. Thanks for the luck!
    I don’t hate you. Geez I don’t hate anyone
    I apologize.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 616 of 644 FirstFirst ... 116 516 566 606 614 615 616 617 618 626 ... LastLast