Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 577 of 645 FirstFirst ... 77 477 527 567 575 576 577 578 579 587 627 ... LastLast
Results 14,401 to 14,425 of 16105

Thread: Suntup Editions

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    BIG TKS AGAIN PAUL !!!

My Suntup - Never Won - contest - AE of The Auctioneer arrived, its a beautifully bound and designed book in a great slipcase, with a supernice bookmark, delivered in the best + safest packaging I've ever seen.

That does look great. Congrats.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

...and back on the train.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

I was thinking the same. I’m not sure I am into the book so much as I want to get a numbered edition for upcoming titles. Still haven’t pulled the trigger but seriously considering it at this point.....
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Gunslinger Apprentice sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin's Avatar

Oh boy I'm back on the numbered track

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Congrats to those who are back on the train.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ajw2910 View Post
    I was thinking the same. I’m not sure I am into the book so much as I want to get a numbered edition for upcoming titles. Still haven’t pulled the trigger but seriously considering it at this point.....
    ..Jump in, the water's fine.
    I have a feeling some pretty cool stuff is coming.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Got the Wolfen portfolio. Very nice.

My Mood
    Cool

If you are thinking about getting the book to stay on or get back on, I would do it quickly. Only 18 numbered left. 400+ AE left.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

A numbered would be nice but not in the cards for me. Congrats to those that get one. Great Book!

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    A numbered would be nice but not in the cards for me. Congrats to those that get one. Great Book!
    Were you able to grab an AE?

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Were you able to grab an AE?
    Would LOVE one, maybe down the road but I owe too much right now. Sucks. Trying to get together a list of books to sell but something always gets in the way. Thanks for asking though.

My Mood
    Cool

No problem Tommy. If I can quote from one of my favorite movies, and if it were a book I would want Paul to do it. "We're all in it together."
    From Brazil for the un-initiated .

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Just read the new Suntup e-mail announcement.
    I am, of course, very excited to see what the new books will be.
    And as always, my greedy little heart sinks when I realize I have zero chance of ever scoring a giveaway because I abhor Facebook and will never, ever use it.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This Southern gothic horror novel was originally published as a series in the 1980s. It is considered to be among the author’s finest achievements. The book is available in three states: Lettered, Numbered and Artist. The Lettered edition is limited to 26 copies, the Numbered edition is limited to 350 copies, and the Artist edition is limited to 1000 copies. The Lettered and Numbered editions are signed by the author of the afterword and the artists. The Artist edition is signed by the artists.
    Definitely Blackwater by Michael McDowell.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I'm guessing July is 'Jaws' and August is 'Blackwater' - dunno about Sept yet.
    'chaos, mr. who, that is our mode and modus'

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyM View Post
    Jaws makes sense, "this thriller is the ultimate Summer beach read," and especially given that Benchley is no longer with us..." author of the introduction and the artists." Jaws is my favorite movie of all time, so this would be a must for me.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Jaws makes sense, "this thriller is the ultimate Summer beach read," and especially given that Benchley is no longer with us..." author of the introduction and the artists." Jaws is my favorite movie of all time, so this would be a must for me.
    Do be aware that the book and film are considerably different, and by most reviews the book pales to the film. I finally read it myself a couple years ago, and quickly realized that Spielberg took bits of Benchley’s disappointing work to produce something truly special and wonderful and that bore only a superficial resemblance to the book. That said, I’d still pick up a AE of the book (especially if it had some interesting extras) just because it was the source work for a film that’s a cornerstone in modern horror history and so would be nice to have on the shelf.

And I agree August must be BLACKWATER, which I have nothing but glowing things to say about. I do have the Centipede edition, though, so will likely be able to skip this one.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Haven’t read it myself but that’s what I’ve heard as well.

That being said Benchley deserves credit for acknowledging the negative impact Jaws had on sharks and becoming a shark conservationist after.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Haven’t read it myself but that’s what I’ve heard as well.

That being said Benchley deserves credit for acknowledging the negative impact Jaws had on sharks and becoming a shark conservationist after.
    All true. The book is anti-climatic for anyone who sees the film first. I was lucky I had parents that made me read it before seeing it in the theater the summer it came out. And yes, Benchley had many regrets regarding the impact of the film. Of course, I'm sure he kept on cashing the checks.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post

And I agree August must be BLACKWATER, which I have nothing but glowing things to say about. I do have the Centipede edition, though, so will likely be able to skip this one.
    Agree wholeheartedly with this.

I own the Centipede of this as well and there is no way a Suntup version can eclipse it (for me) because it was $195. I appreciate the opportunity to be exposed to new books, or buy fancy editions of books that I don't have in my collection, but re-publishing works that other Publishers have covered recently is not for me (especially if I already own those editions).

I mean for some books, though it might be a good idea. People have asked in the FB groups for Dan Simmons' Hyperion Cantos which I think would be a good candidate for re-publishing a LE of. Those books are hard to find on the open market.

Blackwater just isn't a famous enough series to have multiple High quality publishers editions of it. When you Google Blackwater you have to pare through the hits of Jeremy Scahill's book and info about the Mercenary Company

I wonder if I am going to get lambasted for trying to pre-sell Blackwater A. Before it is announced and possibly B. Under cost, way early and ahead of time
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Gunslinger Apprentice BrewMeister is just really nice BrewMeister is just really nice BrewMeister is just really nice BrewMeister is just really nice BrewMeister's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You guys always amaze me at how quickly you jump on the clues. Adding my two cents...

I've never read Jaws; just assumed the book and movie followed fairly closely. If the book is somewhat disappointing, does it deserve the Suntup treatment?

I'd never heard of Blackwater, but it definitely intrigues me as I love gothic horror.

The September book is very intriguing to me. No idea what it could be, but since it deserves a Roman, 1,250 AEs, and Paul's signature, it must be something special! I'd love another King book, but I can't imagine it is without an author signature. Any guesses?
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.

Gunslinger Apprentice JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM's Avatar

I'm wondering if f Sept might be 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' - Dahl in general jumped to mind here.
    'chaos, mr. who, that is our mode and modus'

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

I'm wondering if f Sept might be 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' - Dahl in general jumped to mind here.
    I think this is a bingo.

I’ve never read it, but could it also be Watership Down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I would like to take the time to come out an thank Paul effusively for dialing down the schedule for the second Q (after an ambitious 1st Q) to only 3 books.

appreciate the break and the time to get caught up
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I think this is a bingo.

I’ve never read it, but could it also be Watership Down?
    Either would be super cool and all the reason I would need to buy a 2nd Blackwater and take a loss on pre-selling it
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

+ Reply to Thread
Page 577 of 645 FirstFirst ... 77 477 527 567 575 576 577 578 579 587 627 ... LastLast