Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 531 of 644 FirstFirst ... 31 431 481 521 529 530 531 532 533 541 581 631 ... LastLast
Results 13,251 to 13,275 of 16087

Thread: Suntup Editions

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

I love the 19th Edition currency bookmarks. And the Harris one is loaded with references to the Hannibal Lecter series. Such a cool item.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I love the 19th Edition currency bookmarks. And the Harris one is loaded with references to the Hannibal Lecter series. Such a cool item.

I enjoy all of these bookmarks that Paul releases. 😉
    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have a two copies of Silence AE’s for sale. $600 for the set shipped direct from the seller when shipped to him.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Noxus35 View Post

I enjoy all of these bookmarks that Paul releases. 😉
    Okay, I'm a dunce. There are more, "Lecter Books"? I was only aware of three which I've read. Silence of the Lambs, Red Dragon and Hannibal. If there are more be kind and list them so I can get right on it!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

I enjoy all of these bookmarks that Paul releases.
    Okay, I'm a dunce. There are more, "Lecter Books"? I was only aware of three which I've read. Silence of the Lambs, Red Dragon and Hannibal. If there are more be kind and list them so I can get right on it!!!
    Just one more. Hannibal Rising though there have been those dismissing that one.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just one more. Hannibal Rising though there have been those dismissing that one.

Not good?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Not good?
    What I’ve heard is that Harris wrote it just to satisfy a contractual obligation and support the movie. But I really don’t know how true that is.

Gunslinger Apprentice ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Not good?
    What I’ve heard is that Harris wrote it just to satisfy a contractual obligation and support the movie. But I really don’t know how true that is.

Hanibal Rising is the story of Hanibals childhood and attempts to explain how he came to be the Lecter we know from Red Dragon onward, and was written well in advance of the movie, but i suppose it is possible plans of a movie were responsable for the book being written. the events at the end of Hannibal (book 3) could lead to yet one more book. Someday perhaps.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieElvis View Post

Not good?

Hanibal Rising is the story of Hanibals childhood and attempts to explain how he came to be the Lecter we know from Red Dragon onward, and was written well in advance of the movie, but i suppose it is possible plans of a movie were responsable for the book being written. the events at the end of Hannibal (book 3) could lead to yet one more book. Someday perhaps.
    I planned on reading all four but I’ve never read Hannibal or Hannibal Rising. I look forward to both.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

My understanding is that he wrote Hannibal Rising so that someone else wouldn’t. The movie was going to be made either way, and Harris was effectively given the choice to write the novel or have someone else do it. He chose to write it. It’s okay, but not at the same caliber as the other three.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Gunslinger Apprentice ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    My understanding is that he wrote Hannibal Rising so that someone else wouldn’t. The movie was going to be made either way, and Harris was effectively given the choice to write the novel or have someone else do it. He chose to write it. It’s okay, but not at the same caliber as the other three.
    that makes a lot of sense.
    With Red Dragon he wrote a story he wanted to tell, with Silence of the Lambs, he wrote the same story, only better this time. All the same elements are in play, Lecter is still imprisoned and is interviewed hoping his insight will help capture another serial killer.
    Perhaps Hanibal (book 3) was written to cash in on Lectrers popularity, and Hanibal Rising (book 4) written so nobody else would mess with Harris' creation? But those first two books are excellent, the other two not so much. I enjoyed them all and would love a fifth entry, perhaps contuing the Lecter / Starling story.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don’t think Harris did anything for money, though. Otherwise he would have kept on cranking them out like the producers wanted him to.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    I don’t think Harris did anything for money, though. Otherwise he would have kept on cranking them out like the producers wanted him to.
    He apparently dislikes writing which is an interesting trait for an author. I think when he runs out of dough he takes what he can get. Cari Mora was possibly the worst novel that I've ever read. Either ghost written or some trunk novel he wrote in high school but I'm sure he cashed a big check. In addition to worst novel, he also holds the honor of worst ending in Hannibal. A literary suicide.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    He apparently dislikes writing which is an interesting trait for an author. I think when he runs out of dough he takes what he can get. Cari Mora was possibly the worst novel that I've ever read. Either ghost written or some trunk novel he wrote in high school but I'm sure he cashed a big check. In addition to worst novel, he also holds the honor of worst ending in Hannibal. A literary suicide.
    Why is it a literary sucide?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I totally agree on Hannibal. That ending was so awful!!

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    I totally agree on Hannibal. That ending was so awful!!
    With Red Dragon and "Silence" still occupying 2 spots on my Top 5 Horror/Suspense novels- I couldn't believe how.. trashy Hannibal was. And, not in a good way. Neither could Jonathan Demme and Jodie Foster: coming off their incredible "Big 5" Oscar sweep, and reportedly in fast motion to shoot the sequel as soon as Harris released an advanced copy- and both immediately dropping out upon reading it. That says a lot.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, too much, a little too late. lol I ordered both Cari & Hannibal Rising. Hopefully, I'll disagree with your assessment. lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I'm interested in this as well. While Hannibal is not up to the same level of Red Dragon or Silence of the Lambs, I didn't find it awful. I kinda liked it and more than Black Sunday, his first novel. Hannibal Rising was okay (far from the previous 3) and I didn't read yet Cari Mora.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In a related note; the upcoming TV show, Clarice looks to be interesting.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    In a related note; the upcoming TV show, Clarice looks to be interesting.
    Agree, i've seen the trailer and it looks interesting. I'll watch the show when it's available.
    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Because he didn’t like it.

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    And, not in a good way. Neither could Jonathan Demme and Jodie Foster: coming off their incredible "Big 5" Oscar sweep, and reportedly in fast motion to shoot the sequel as soon as Harris released an advanced copy- and both immediately dropping out upon reading it. That says a lot.
    It says that it was a divisive work. It’s not like a-list talent didn’t eventually gravitate towards it.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Sold one of my AE’s for lambs. One left. $325 shipped

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about

Because he didn’t like it.

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    And, not in a good way. Neither could Jonathan Demme and Jodie Foster: coming off their incredible "Big 5" Oscar sweep, and reportedly in fast motion to shoot the sequel as soon as Harris released an advanced copy- and both immediately dropping out upon reading it. That says a lot.
    It says that it was a divisive work. It’s not like a-list talent didn’t eventually gravitate towards it.
    With books I always say to each their own. I won’t judge someone for liking something I don’t. But in Richards defense Hannibal has not been well received amongst critics and fans alike. I won’t judge anyone for liking it because if your into it that’s cool but I’m just saying most are not. And I will agree the ending is pure trash. It makes no sense at all, like I set it down after and just started laughing. It feels like Harris got halfway through the book and then gave it to a college Lit major and let them finish because he lost interest.

Edit: let me add Harris has more talent in his left thumbnail than I do in my entire body, I’m simply making the statement in comparison to his previous 2 novels.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoh21 View Post
    But in Richards defense Hannibal has not been well received amongst critics and fans alike.
    The only book in the series that was universally panned was Hannibal Rising. Hannibal was controversial (mainly because of the ending) and it was very divisive but in that regard so was last Dark Tower book.

It certainly was not universally reviled. Otherwise Stephen King wouldn't have written this:

https://archive.nytimes.com/www.nyti....13kingct.html

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about

[QUOTE=CyberGhostface;1229498]
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemoh21 View Post
    But in Richards defense Hannibal has not been well received amongst critics and fans alike.
    The only book in the series that was universally panned was Hannibal Rising. Hannibal was controversial (mainly because of the ending) and it was very divisive but in that regard so was last Dark Tower book.

It certainly was not universally reviled. Otherwise Stephen King wouldn't have written this:

https://archive.nytimes.com/www.nyti....13kingct.html[/QUOTE

Agree to disagree. It’s not a hill I’m going to die on I just feel like it was a huge letdown and I think a lot of other people would agree, with the exception of Mr King. I never understood the hate for the Dark Tower. The book stayed true to the entire series and didn’t stray away from what made people love it. That’s my issue with Hannibal, it’s so off the wall in comparison to the first 2 it’s like it was written for a different set of fans. Again just my opinion

+ Reply to Thread
Page 531 of 644 FirstFirst ... 31 431 481 521 529 530 531 532 533 541 581 631 ... LastLast