Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 552 of 645 FirstFirst ... 52 452 502 542 550 551 552 553 554 562 602 ... LastLast
Results 13,776 to 13,800 of 16105

Thread: Suntup Editions

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by scottb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    I mean I dont understand why folks are freaking over a possible King signature of an introduction. If that happened and was surprise revealed i sure it would be a bonus to every numbered rights holder. I would think that It would not follow the path of Misery. It is not a Stephen King S/N LE of one of his own books.

I guess if they dont have a number I can understand the angst.
    I love King. I love McCarthy. The thought of King writing an intro to Blood Meridian is completely inappropriate and wouldn't make sense to me at all. Again - I LOVE both authors, but no one will ever put McCarthy and King in the same classification. Ever.

People that would be more in line for an introduction to this book would be Marilynne Robinson, Margaret Atwood, Alice Munroe, Salman Rushdie, or J.M. Coetzee. Even Barbara Kingsolver is appropriate.
    J/w how you feel about Ellis doing the intro?
    I wonder what Cormac McCarthy's opinion is of Bret Easton Ellis as a writer
    I highly doubt he's read any of Ellis's work. McCarthy said long ago he doesn't read fiction anymore. He's one of only a handful of writers who I've ever heard say that. Most read all they can because they love it.

I can't find the source but I'm sure I read he said that there's nothing being written that's worth reading. I guess when you're a literary genius (which he is) you can get away with it.
    awesome. That is exactly the response I was looking for.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Just got the schedule. 5 books in 3 months. Wow

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I would check your email. This quarter has over 1,000. It's a fantasy book.
    Man there are a lot of books this quarter April and June both are double book months and one of
    the June books will be a Roman.

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like both June books get Roman treatment
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Man there are a lot of books this quarter April and June both are double book months and one of
    Two books a month becoming the norm is really disheartening from a financial perspective.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

My new house after June is over:

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger Apprentice Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about

My who gives a damn what I think guesses for the day

Lord of the flies first April book. Pillars is the 2nd april. May is joe hill collection . 1st June would be something regarding time travel?. I don’t have a guess yet for 2nd

John F. Kennedy Raenas will become famous soon enough Raenas will become famous soon enough

Two books a month becoming the norm is really disheartening from a financial perspective.
    Agreed. I have been on the numbered track since HoHH, and the aim is to have a complete series of all numbered editions (will see if I will be able to budget in a Misery), however two books a month becoming the norm may jeopardize that plan, and may need to select which ones I keep. I wish it was strictly one per month, especially with titles in the price range of The Exorcist and Blood Meridian.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I agree. It's going to be tough. May is the only month with one book. But with the number count being upped to 350, and BM being a special circumstance, maybe they will be around the $400-$600 range. I know that's still a lot and two a month going to be more difficult, but what can you do. Hop of the train or sell what you really don't want and not have a complete set, as someone mentioned before. We just have to wait and see I guess.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

I might lose my shit if Suntup is publishing Beloved.

John F. Kennedy Raenas will become famous soon enough Raenas will become famous soon enough

I agree. It's going to be tough. May is the only month with one book. But with the number count being upped to 350, and BM being a special circumstance, maybe they will be around the $400-$600 range. I know that's still a lot and two a month going to be more difficult, but what can you do. Hop of the train or sell what you really don't want and not have a complete set, as someone mentioned before. We just have to wait and see I guess.
    I will wait for the Q3 schedule announcement to decide whether I will break up my set, which I really really don't want to. If I see it's back to 3 a quarter (or 4 but with cheaper ones on average), I will say keep. If similarly large expense is expected as Q1 and Q2 this year, then I will have to make a tough choice.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoh21 View Post
    Pillars is the 2nd april.
    The e-mail describes the second April one as "epic fantasy" - do people consider The Pillars of the Earth fantasy (assuming that's what you meant by "Pillars")? I consider it historical fiction, but perhaps the wider world sees it differently.

My personal hope for this one is The Name of the Wind.

Aside from TPOTE and TNOTW, how many thousand page epic fantasies are out there (that Suntup might take an interest in)? What else could this be? (Speculation is right up there with anticipation - let it flow!).
    Eastasia has always provided Drag Queen Story Hour to young children.

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    The e-mail describes the second April one as "epic fantasy" - do people consider The Pillars of the Earth fantasy (assuming that's what you meant by "Pillars")? I consider it historical fiction, but perhaps the wider world sees it differently.

Aside from TPOTE and TNOTW, how many thousand page epic fantasies are out there (that Suntup might take an interest in)? What else could this be? (Speculation is right up there with anticipation - let it flow!).
    The Name of the Wind was my first thought for the 1,000 page fantasy novel.

Gunslinger Apprentice Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about

Yes you are correct. That really doesn’t for the fantasy description. I’m seeing more guesses of imijica. Which makes more sense

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I'm sure this is something that has been addressed, but since I may want to jump in on one (or more) of these, I'd like to clarify something: I think today's e-mail is saying that the Artist edition (the lowest tier) goes on sale at time of announcement of the title, so that, for example, the very moment the title is announced and I confirm it's something I want, it is on sale and it is time to act (buy).

I know that Artist editions are more plentiful and not likely to vanish instantaneously as the lettered and numbered can, but nevertheless I'd like to be prepared if this is the case (I don't watch the Facebook videos live but may have to if this is the case).

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure this is something that has been addressed, but since I may want to jump in on one (or more) of these, I'd like to clarify something: I think today's e-mail is saying that the Artist edition (the lowest tier) goes on sale at time of announcement of the title, so that, for example, the very moment the title is announced and I confirm it's something I want, it is on sale and it is time to act (buy).

I know that Artist editions are more plentiful and not likely to vanish instantaneously as the lettered and numbered can, but nevertheless I'd like to be prepared if this is the case (I don't watch the Facebook videos live but may have to if this is the case).
    Some AE’s linger. Some disappear very quickly. A Scanner Darkly, The Silence of the Lambs, and The Exorcist went very fast. So be quick just to be sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I’m seeing more guesses of imijica.
    Barker's Imajica might be interesting - but, having said that...I haven't gotten around to reading Imajica yet (despite having tracked down an original hardcover edition last year) - I have to get on that.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Some AE’s linger. Some disappear very quickly. A Scanner Darkly, The Silence of the Lambs, and The Exorcist went very fast. So be quick just to be sure.
    Thanks.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

The last couple with artist editions have gone on sale with the announcement.

My Mood
    Cool

Imajica by itself is over 800 pages. First, this 1000+ page book will not be letterpress. Second, We don't know when Paul says a 1,000 page book he means the original is 1,000+ or his version will end up being 1,000 pages. But a fantasy book sounds interesting.
    I too would like to keep every book and keep on going. I guess time will tell.

Gunslinger Apprentice Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all

Country
    Country Flag

I find it interesting that the author of the May title is signing all three editions, but the artist does not appear to be signing any of them. Does this mean that the author IS also the artist? Or the artist truly not signing? Or is there no artist at all? Hmm...

Gunslinger Apprentice Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all

Country
    Country Flag

How many novellas has Clive Barker written? Perhaps the May release is a Barker collection including The Hellbound Heart, with Barker providing his own artwork?

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah the author being the artist made me think of Clive Barker. He's written quite a few novellas if you count his anthologies like the Books of Blood.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Splync View Post
    How many novellas has Clive Barker written? Perhaps the May release is a Barker collection including The Hellbound Heart, with Barker providing his own artwork?
    Now that would be nice.

Barker's website groups novellas together with short stories, so I don't know how many there are (I haven't read many of them and therefore don't know which is which), but aside from The Hellbound Heart, there at least is Cabal.

Country
    Country Flag

Paul, if you were to name your top five most beloved novels of all time, which novels would they be? ;-)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 552 of 645 FirstFirst ... 52 452 502 542 550 551 552 553 554 562 602 ... LastLast