Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 424 of 644 FirstFirst ... 324 374 414 422 423 424 425 426 434 474 524 ... LastLast
Results 10,576 to 10,600 of 16087

Thread: Suntup Editions

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Splync View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    As I mentioned in the Suntup forum on FB today: Since every piece is unique, I think it would be great if Marie Kelzer were able to sign the numbered edition along with Jim Burns.
    Thanks for the suggestion. It wasn't part of the initial plan to include Kelzer's signature. And it isn't something that can be added after the fact. The signature sheets were already printed and signed by the time I engaged with Marie for the cover papers.
    So what you're saying is that she'll be signing a SEPARATE sheet that you'll be including with each book?? ;-)
    Good one. But in all seriousness, this has come up before and you’re faced with making a decision as to whether to ask the author to re-sign a new sheet, or print a second signature sheet which includes the person/s absent from the first.

Although it’s done, having two sheets is not ideal. It’s something I try to avoid. An exception I was okay with was Misery. But again, I would rather have one sheet.

We have a book right now that has been in the works for a long time. The signature sheet was done and done early on. Almost a year later, some things had changed with the project. Not only did I want to now include three other individuals on the sheet in addition to the author, but we had to change the paper which was already named on the sheet. So what to do? Errata slip to cover the change in paper. Second signature sheet. Decisions, decisions.

Suffice to say, I’m waiting to see if the author will re-sign a new sheet! And this is something I never do and try to avoid at all costs. But every project is different. There are many variables in play when making these decisions. Ultimately you ask, what is the best decision for the good of the book.

Getting the signature sheets printed, signed and on hand early is good, and that has worked very well for me. But occasionally things happen as the project evolves. I’d still rather have the sheets on hand than risk delaying a book because of signatures.

You should see the stacks of signed sheets I have on hand at any given time. Maybe it’s the collector in me.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You are so far ahead of things by the time you go public,
    How refreshing is that!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Getting the signature sheets printed, signed and on hand early is good, and that has worked very well for me. But occasionally things happen as the project evolves. I’d still rather have the sheets on hand than risk delaying a book because of signatures.

You should see the stacks of signed sheets I have on hand at any given time. Maybe it’s the collector in me.
    I hope your peers in the business are paying attention, Paul. Although I may not care for everything you publish; I can and do appreciate all the hard work you and your team put in behind the scenes.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Splync View Post
    As I mentioned in the Suntup forum on FB today: Since every piece is unique, I think it would be great if Marie Kelzer were able to sign the numbered edition along with Jim Burns.
    Thanks for the suggestion. It wasn't part of the initial plan to include Kelzer's signature. And it isn't something that can be added after the fact. The signature sheets were already printed and signed by the time I engaged with Marie for the cover papers.
    So what you're saying is that she'll be signing a SEPARATE sheet that you'll be including with each book?? ;-)
    I'd love to see them, haha! ;-)

Seriously though, I totally get it and appreciate the care and hard work that you put into each of these books!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Random question to Paul : what does the SUNTUP logo represent?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What time is 9am pacific : is that in like 45mins?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    It’s 2 hours and 43 minutes from now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

No. You can use GMT -7 hours to figure it out for your location. It is in two hours and 45 minutes.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks !

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I wanted it to have a sort of late 19th century look in terms of the overall design. There is version of it which is not used in a lot of places. It’s the sticker on the corrugated card that is used to pack the covers prints and it’s also on the wall behind me when I do the FB videos.

I wanted a lion in the logo because I like lions but also because it’s one of the big African animals which ties into not only me being from that continent, but also what the lion represents. Strength, courage, justice among other things.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

You just know Paul has books he has been working on for over a year before he even announces it. Also, that he has a spreadsheet or something that goes out two years for books to work on or some that are already being worked on. One thing I think we don't have to worry about, unless it's out of his hands, is a Suntup dry spell.
    And you guys on the east coast better act fast because as of 10:14am EST there was ONE Lettered and 20 numbered.

Country
    Country Flag

I wanted it to have a sort of late 19th century look in terms of the overall design. There is version of it which is not used in a lot of places. It’s the sticker on the corrugated card that is used to pack the covers prints and it’s also on the wall behind me when I do the FB videos.

I wanted a lion in the logo because I like lions but also because it’s one of the big African animals which ties into not only me being from that continent, but also what the lion represents. Strength, courage, justice among other things.
    Thanks for the explanation!

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Issatitiable may be the right word but is Lottery or Farenheit due up next?

seeking: anything DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Got two gift editions, one for each of my kids. Really like the colors and slipcase!
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Not unexpected that the numbered has sold out.

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

The artist gift edition is selling at a pretty good rate right now.
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Good one. But in all seriousness, this has come up before and you’re faced with making a decision as to whether to ask the author to re-sign a new sheet, or print a second signature sheet which includes the person/s absent from the first.

Although it’s done, having two sheets is not ideal. It’s something I try to avoid. An exception I was okay with was Misery. But again, I would rather have one sheet.

We have a book right now that has been in the works for a long time. The signature sheet was done and done early on. Almost a year later, some things had changed with the project. Not only did I want to now include three other individuals on the sheet in addition to the author, but we had to change the paper which was already named on the sheet. So what to do? Errata slip to cover the change in paper. Second signature sheet. Decisions, decisions.

Suffice to say, I’m waiting to see if the author will re-sign a new sheet! And this is something I never do and try to avoid at all costs. But every project is different. There are many variables in play when making these decisions. Ultimately you ask, what is the best decision for the good of the book.

Thank you for this insight and peek behind the curtain. Now I’m really curious and excited what that book may be that you want to add not one, but THREE signers. And again, always appreciate that you are well into a production before the public announcement.

Thanks for sharing! Good stuff.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Camelot is selling some Suntup books.
    It seems like just anybody can get their hands on them now.
    I mean --- really!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Had a discount code at Dark Region Press so I ordered a gift edition through them.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Camelot is selling some Suntup books.
    It seems like just anybody can get their hands on them now.
    I mean --- really!
    They might be hanging on to that Red Dragon for a while. Maybe they'll get that price once it's in people's hands and all over social media. But I seriously doubt anyone's ready to pay that now.

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

I misread it the first time thinking there were 6 illustrations instead of 17.

Not that illustrations make the book but I love the art so 17 is hefty amount and a nice surprise.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I read 1984 in 1969 or '70, when '84 seemed far, far in the future, and I've always wanted to read it again.
    When I get my free lettered edition, er, whoops!, I mean when I get my edition from Suntup, I will very happily read about the universe saving adventures of Winston Smith and his sidekick, Rocket J. Squirrel, again!
    I remember the book fondly.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Bless you, Steve, that made me laugh.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Gunslinger Apprentice HorrorfanTom is a jewel in the rough HorrorfanTom is a jewel in the rough HorrorfanTom is a jewel in the rough

My Mood
    Amazed

17 illustrations? Are we going to be getting a portfolio as well?? Count me in if there is one!
    Searching for:
    CD S/L's of:
    Gwendy's BB
    Gwendy's MF

Spoiler:
    How did he know I sneezed? Are there hidden cameras in my house? Is Hunchback Jack related to Big Brother? Am I paranoid!?!? What was that!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 424 of 644 FirstFirst ... 324 374 414 422 423 424 425 426 434 474 524 ... LastLast