Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 375 of 644 FirstFirst ... 275 325 365 373 374 375 376 377 385 425 475 ... LastLast
Results 9,351 to 9,375 of 16087

Thread: Suntup Editions

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I will tell you that finding the screws that are used to affix the acrylic panel to the cover was a nightmare and took forever. The biggest screw suppliers in the world didn’t even have what I needed. It had to be a Chicago screw and a very specific length, head and barrel diameter. No one had one that small. Eventually I found a company in Canada who made them, and at that point you could say the frustration was only beginning. Anyway I won’t bore you with the details. After many months I actually have the screws, which are perfect.
    This, right here, is why I’m a customer of yours for as long as you keep publishing, Paul. The combination of creative vision and tenacity.

And I love hearing about little details like this - the intention behind a particular design, and the nuts and bolts (or screws) of putting everything together.

Maybe one day, you’ll put a memoir together of your experiences in producing each of these publications - “Suntup stories”, if you will.
    Well, thank you! It might be a very short memoir what with my memory!

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Default Suntup Press

Is the Suntup logo in the wallpaper on the one piece?

Edit—the F451 art that features the fireman and the burning books.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

No. There’s nothing planted in the art.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Once again, nothing I could say would make justice. Incredible editions for an incredible book. CONGRATS!!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Ari.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

The story of the lettered covers was amazing Paul. At least to me. And you attention to detail on what is needed right down to getting the correct screw to secure the front of lettered, amazing.

You are right on Peter. Paul is one who goes the extra distance to get last bit of detail out of everything he does. Which is why I am also a customer for life.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

You subscribe to Life?
    I thought they went out of business.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    You subscribe to Life?
    I thought they went out of business.
    For life Steve FOR. Not too Life .

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

"It's not Firestarter" (teaser, brilliant by the way 😉 ) but yet you commisioned Michael Whelan to do part of the artwork for F451.
    Does that mean Firestarter with artwork by Michael Whelan is not really out of the question in the future.
    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Noxus35 View Post
    "It's not Firestarter" (teaser, brilliant by the way 😉 ) but yet you commisioned Michael Whelan to do part of the artwork for F451.
    Does that mean Firestarter with artwork by Michael Whelan is not really out of the question in the future.
    Whelan already did Firestarter... why would he again?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can I ask a question regarding the AGE.

On your site, it shows the book with the cover blocked with message full jacket to be revealed but on the pre order we saw the full cover.

Was this a bonus for those with preorders and leaving the reveal until delivery for the others who purchased it?
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Traveler evg321 is on a distinguished road

It was later removed for the preorders also , so only the earlier preorders got a glimpse

Traveler evg321 is on a distinguished road

I was lucky enough to see it and it's pretty good !

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post

On your site, it shows the book with the cover blocked with message full jacket to be revealed but on the pre order we saw the full cover.

Was this a bonus for those with preorders and leaving the reveal until delivery for the others who purchased it?
    So based on the quote in your signature, now you have to beg for forgiveness!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I noticed that as well and thought it odd. Then I rationalized that it was only up for the preorders. However it now sounds like a decision was made, or an error fixed, after the preorder link was distributed.

Thanks for telling us about the covers for the Lettered editions. I was already certain that the burnt covers were originals and therefore took some effort to track down, but I never would have thought the mechanics of the other aspects of the covers would be so much work. In any case, it’s a wonderful way to make each of the copies truly unique.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

It's nice to see some classic UK edition covers on some of the lettered editions of F451. I "grew up" with some of those covers - my father owns a copy with one of them, for example - so I'm glad theyare included.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Paul, is the printed paper covering on the AGE slipcase a photo from when you were making the teaser video of the flames?

In the teaser video, at the point of the still shot in the video with the “3/14/2020” date: the flames look like they’re holding the profile of a dragon. Was this intentional? Or am I just assigning meaning to random shapes?

What is the name of the song playing in the video? I swear it sounds familiar.

One last thing, for anyone who still has the preorder email, isn’t that Whelan’s cover art?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oops, definately asking forgiveness. I want me books lol

Country
    Country Flag

Ps new to the pre order game.

Noted.... what goes on in preorder stays in preorder.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

In the circle of trust, there are circles within circles...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Oops, definately asking forgiveness. I want me books lol
    All good shaq. I can't comment on the art but we will be posting a separate announcement to reveal the full Whelan jacket. And we're doing a giclée print of it! It's really beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Paul, is the printed paper covering on the AGE slipcase a photo from when you were making the teaser video of the flames?

In the teaser video, at the point of the still shot in the video with the “3/14/2020” date: the flames look like they’re holding the profile of a dragon. Was this intentional? Or am I just assigning meaning to random shapes?

What is the name of the song playing in the video? I swear it sounds familiar.

One last thing, for anyone who still has the preorder email, isn’t that Whelan’s cover art?
    No that flame print is not related at all to the flames in the video. As for this profile of a dragon, yes I would say you are assigning meaning to random shapes! :-) But that's pretty cool.

I purchase the music tracks from a royalty free audio site and this teaser has two different tracks I edited together. One is the piano and the other I found in the Metal/Rock category which I liked. I think they work well together. It has no name, other than Metal Cinematic Trailer.

As for the pre-order email question, yes that's part of it but it was replaced soon after the first round went out. Being a private pre-order, I'd like for it to be kept that way. We'll do the full reveal soon.

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

In the circle of trust, there are circles within circles...
    Round like a circle in a spiral, like a wheel within a wheel
    Never ending or beginning on an ever spinning reel
    Like a snowball down a mountain, or a carnival balloon
    Like a carousel that's turning running rings around the moon

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    Has anybody mentioned how funny that ‘it’s not Firestarter’ cutaway at the end of the teaser video was? It got me laughing out loud to have the normal fine production teaser video followed with that dry humor reality shot.
    That was phenomenal, going from the slick, professional video to ordinary man at desk anticipating unwanted questions.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    Has anybody mentioned how funny that ‘it’s not Firestarter’ cutaway at the end of the teaser video was? It got me laughing out loud to have the normal fine production teaser video followed with that dry humor reality shot.
    That was phenomenal, going from the slick, professional video to ordinary man at desk anticipating unwanted questions.
    Brilliant! The downside of such a vocal community of collectors is that we are vocal with everything! hahahahahaha

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I think i found, i think i actually did .

On twitter you posted the teaser video and your scribbling "it's not Firestarter" and somewhere in between there a flame quickly appears and within that you could see the shape of the fireman. Or at least that's what my eyes perceive.
    It's really quick and at the end of the video there is a statement from Paul ; Watch Again. 😎

Am i right Paul? 🤔

Edit: can't find it anymore, could have been because i paused it somewhere in between.
    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't find what you are describing. Screen shot it if you find it again.

I'm seeing a lot of crazy stuff in the flames.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 375 of 644 FirstFirst ... 275 325 365 373 374 375 376 377 385 425 475 ... LastLast