Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 590 of 644 FirstFirst ... 90 490 540 580 588 589 590 591 592 600 640 ... LastLast
Results 14,726 to 14,750 of 16096

Thread: Suntup Editions

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    If the contest is only on Facebook, I'll miss it, darn it to Perdition.
    I think we can watch even without an account.

I don't know about answering questions or guessing answers. Perhaps Paul will accept email replies.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Hey Paul:

Re: your comment about there being no point in doing another Moby Dick because of Barry Moser's fine work (considered definitive in many corners):

I won't ask that you do one, but do check out illustrator Evan Dahm's edition from 2017 (I have it, and it's wonderful):

https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver...1280-Moby-Dick
    Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxus35 View Post
    So, Death Heads Moth clue...

It's an important yet an obscure novel, yet i just checked my Death Heads Moth and found this.

It resembles something, i just can't seem to pin point it; is it a man sitting down in a meditative way or does it resemble an animal?

In my opinion it would be too direct for the moth itself to be a clue.

Ps: i might just see thing in this that aren't even there.
    I admire your sleuthing skills, but you're off base with this one! There is nothing there about the book I was referencing. And I didn't mean the book was obscure. I meant the paper moth as a clue. Maybe obscure wasn't the right word, but to guess the book as having some sort of connection to that moth is not easy. Although I shouldn't be surprised that it has already been mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    $25K in prices... Paul thank you for doing that. What an exciting release... wow
    Yes, it's going to be exciting. I always enjoy giving away prizes.

Quote Originally Posted by bhays View Post
    $25K in prices... Paul thank you for doing that. What an exciting release... wow
    Agreed! Thank you Paul. I’m super excited to see the editions tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    When I heard that he had $25k in prizes he was giving away, I really was shocked. That's very generous.
    Can't wait until tomorrow.
    No problem! Good luck!

Gunslinger Apprentice BrewMeister is just really nice BrewMeister is just really nice BrewMeister is just really nice BrewMeister is just really nice BrewMeister's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by GenericEric View Post
    Thomas Harris - now that's how you sign.
    I agree. I've always loved his perfect cursive penmanship.
    Have to say, a beautiful copperplate!
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Hey Paul:

Re: your comment about there being no point in doing another Moby Dick because of Barry Moser's fine work (considered definitive in many corners):

I won't ask that you do one, but do check out illustrator Evan Dahm's edition from 2017 (I have it, and it's wonderful):

It's an important yet an obscure novel, yet i just checked my Death Heads Moth and found this.

It resembles something, i just can't seem to pin point it; is it a man sitting down in a meditative way or does it resemble an animal?

I admire your sleuthing skills, but you're off base with this one! There is nothing there about the book I was referencing. And I didn't mean the book was obscure. I meant the paper moth as a clue. Maybe obscure wasn't the right word, but to guess the book as having some sort of connection to that moth is not easy. Although I shouldn't be surprised that it has already been mentioned.

When I heard that he had $25k in prizes he was giving away, I really was shocked. That's very generous.
    No problem! Good luck!
    The more I think about it, the more I believe that my Guess of The Collector is the book that the moth is a clue to. The moth collection is a key part of the story and there has been a limited produced before. It is also a fantastic book!

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Hey Paul:

No problem! Good luck!
    Ah, i see. Well thank you for the clarification on that, it was driving me insane there. 🤣
    No, just kidding but i did wonder about the moth when i received the book.
    Excited for today's announcement, that will be awesome!
    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Speaking of the paper moth, I found a floating display frame on Amazon that fits it pretty well. It's 4.3" x 4.3", for those wanting to find one.

The Suntup extras are always really neat.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I like that display case!

Just out of (greedy) curiosity, how do the giveaway contests on (ugh!) Facebook work?
    Do you have to immediately send some kind of response to a trivia question or something like that?
    Do you have to have a (yuck!) Facebook membership to participate?
    Do bribes work?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Less than two hours from now! I can’t wait!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice BrewMeister is just really nice BrewMeister is just really nice BrewMeister is just really nice BrewMeister is just really nice BrewMeister's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Just out of (greedy) curiosity, how do the giveaway contests on (ugh!) Facebook work?
    Do you have to immediately send some kind of response to a trivia question or something like that?
    Do you have to have a (yuck!) Facebook membership to participate?
    Do bribes work?
    When Paul has giveaways during his Facebook live events, he sometimes just says something like "the next five comments I see get a prize." Other times, like yesterday, he simply picks a number of random comments made during his live presentation, and those lucky individuals get a prize. I've never seen one with trivia or anything. I haven't personally won anything yet; perhaps I should try a bribe!

Unless I missed something yesterday, I did not hear anything about today's prizes being given away on Facebook. There was a lot of talk about "golden tickets" (from us, not Paul) leading up to this event. I'm kind of wondering if he'll do something like that. Stick tickets in random copies of AEs maybe? Perhaps all preorders win something? Maybe one lucky winner gets a Roman?!? Hard to say with Paul, but we should know in less than an hour!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Added another copy of the numbered Horns to my collection. Oh how to do love this production.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Added another copy of the numbered Horns to my collection. Oh how to do love this production.
    So that makes 2 numbered and one lettered? Impressive. Most impressive.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, Sir.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Excuse my total naivety on this, but why collect more than one copy of a book? I've never purchased more than one copy of a book, except by accident.
    World domination, Mr. Bond?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BrewMeister View Post
    Excuse my total naivety on this, but why collect more than one copy of a book? I've never purchased more than one copy of a book, except by accident.
    I have many copies of the same book throughout my collection. Variants for one reason. In the case of Horns, it's one of my all time favorites and the production is gorgeous. This is actually the 5th numbered copy that I've owned. 3 were sold previously to help in acquiring the lettered.

Country
    Country Flag

I have many copies of the same book throughout my collection. Variants for one reason. In the case of Horns, it's one of my all time favorites and the production is gorgeous. This is actually the 5th numbered copy that I've owned. 3 were sold previously to help in acquiring the lettered.
    Ah, gotcha. The numbered Horns is definitely gorgeous!

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I bought all the artist editions and hired a bunch of people to sort through them for the golden tickets.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    I bought all the artist editions and hired a bunch of people to sort through them for the golden tickets.
    I flooded the market with fakes; just to muddy the waters.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

It can be difficult to describe Suntup without seeming like a paid sycophant. Suntup is like a damn good publisher that then hires an outside team to come in after the fact to add zippy bells and whistles (prizes, extras, boxes of chocolate, even the tape on the box (I think)) - except Suntup does it all on its own.

Paul - thank you for going full out on all of this, every book; it's such a pleasure, as a bibliophile, to see each thing he does.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Why not have more than one copy of the same book?
    They look so spiffy all lined up together!

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Ordered numbered and AE. Wasn’t planning on getting AE but wow. I think I like it more than the numbered.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I might like a copy to read and one to keep for preservation. I have a few extra Let the Right One In and Silence of the Lambs for that purpose.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

quick countdown
    10 lettered left
    167 numbered
    289 AE
    RN not sure how to check that.

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I was quite happy to see this contest was a golden ticket deal and not Facebook giveaways.
    Looking for Suntup Brother ARC and Suntup Seed ARC

My Mood
    Cool

9 lettered
    144 numbered
    145 AE
    Wow, these are going fast.

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

So quick question for anyone over at Suntup HQ:
    I purchased the AE, but also entered the form in advance to that on the site.
    Does that negate your chances with the purchase(s)?

If so, can the form entry be removed?
    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies

+ Reply to Thread
Page 590 of 644 FirstFirst ... 90 490 540 580 588 589 590 591 592 600 640 ... LastLast