Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 578 of 645 FirstFirst ... 78 478 528 568 576 577 578 579 580 588 628 ... LastLast
Results 14,426 to 14,450 of 16102

Thread: Suntup Editions

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

While I agree that the movie and the novel Jaws have stark differences, I feel both are very good and am hoping the July book is indeed Jaws!

Gunslinger Apprentice burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyM View Post
    I'm wondering if f Sept might be 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' - Dahl in general jumped to mind here.
    I think this is the best guess and it was my guess as well. All the clues fit perfectly for it to be CATCF. I will be happy to own a limited edition of this great book!
    ISO DT I-IV #101, rage,Suntup Press Horns, Rosemary's Baby and The Road w/designation #239

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm still hopefull for The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy to be released at some point in the nearby future..

Sent from my CPH1919 using Tapatalk
    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies

Gunslinger Apprentice JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noxus35 View Post
    I'm still hopefull for The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy to be released at some point in the nearby future..
    While I really like HHGTTG, the Folio Society edition is adequate for me. I am not aware of any nice editions of 'Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency' or the subsequent 'Long Dark Tea Time of the Soul' though, and as I've gotten older I find those are actually my favorite Adams novels.
    'chaos, mr. who, that is our mode and modus'

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

All three sound like good ones to me. No guesses though.

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

I've now convinced myself that September is definitely Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Also, I can see why the print run is being bumped to 1250 for the artist edition. A very popular work that appeals to all ages. Maybe Paul will have a golden ticket contest or something like that.

I'm still hoping for a Suntup edition of Where the Red Fern Grows. The very first novel I read as a kid.
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Do you think the numbered Jaws is going to fetch high prices on the on the secondary market?
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM's Avatar

One thought that has occurred is that the Sept book is signed by Paul, but apparently not (in Numbered/Lettered/Roman editions) by an artist. I wonder if this means that the book is using previously published art? Paul is doing the art? Hmm...
    'chaos, mr. who, that is our mode and modus'

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Do you think the numbered Jaws is going to fetch high prices on the on the secondary market?
    I’d bet on it
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If it is Jaws ...

Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ajw2910 View Post
    I was thinking the same. I’m not sure I am into the book so much as I want to get a numbered edition for upcoming titles. Still haven’t pulled the trigger but seriously considering it at this point.....
    ..Jump in, the water's fine.
    I have a feeling some pretty cool stuff is coming.
    I made the leap. Sounds like some good ones upcoming. And spaced apart enough to be a bit friendlier on my wallet!!
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

As if we needed one more reason to say that it will be Willy Wonka, this is the 50th year anniversary of the book.

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    As if we needed one more reason to say that it will be Willy Wonka, this is the 50th year anniversary of the book.
    It's actually the 50th anniversary of the movie....the book was published in 1964.
    Looking for Suntup Brother ARC and Suntup Seed ARC

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    It's actually the 50th anniversary of the movie....the book was published in 1964.
    Sorry, got my years a bit mixed up. Still, it's an anniversary of sorts.

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    Sorry, got my years a bit mixed up. Still, it's an anniversary of sorts.
    No need to be sorry.....both movie and book are wonderful and a Suntup edition would be too.
    Looking for Suntup Brother ARC and Suntup Seed ARC

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I’d bet on it
    Why do you think so Kris. Because of it's impact on culture if the time?

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Sh-sh-sh-sh....

Suntup!!!!!!!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Cool

OMG
    I just got the have you moved email for The Exorcist. I am so excited for this one .

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Paul has done a great job mixing in various blockbuster books with more obscure titles. Something for everyone. Beyond the "anything King-related" books my wish list boils down to three books:

1) Under the Skin
    2) 1Q84
    3) The Man Who Fell to Earth

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I’d bet on it
    There is a large contingent of fans of all things JAWS, probably mostly based on the movie but they collect the book too. I think the Suntup editions will go fast once word gets out.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I’d bet on it
    There is a large contingent of fans of all things JAWS, probably mostly based on the movie but they collect the book too. I think the Suntup editions will go fast once word gets out.
    WITHOUT question
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I’d bet on it
    Thanks. TBH, I really loved the movie and I knew it had a fan base, AND I think it set some box office records... Wait, what was I trying to say? I guess I can see how people
    would become intrigued with the movie enough to collect the book. I am looking forward to it. I have no doubt it will be a great ed.
    And I see your point as well Kris.

Gunslinger Apprentice BrewMeister is just really nice BrewMeister is just really nice BrewMeister is just really nice BrewMeister is just really nice BrewMeister's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Exorcist numbered shipped.
    The Island of Doctor Moreau AE complete (except shipping).
    The Silence of the Lambs AE complete (except shipping).
    The Wolfen AE complete (except shipping).

July is shaping up to be a great month for Suntup books that start with "The"!
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.

Gunslinger Apprentice BrewMeister is just really nice BrewMeister is just really nice BrewMeister is just really nice BrewMeister is just really nice BrewMeister's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just received my numbered edition of The Exorcist! Extremely cool looking - I really like the purple cigar box and the black book with the priest's collar. One of my favorites so far!

Checking the box contents: Carefully boxed, beautiful Suntup edition? Check! Bookmark? Check! Unexpected bonus item? WOW! I guess I finally earned my Suntup merit badge!

EDIT: Hid image as I realized this could be considered a spoiler.

Spoiler:
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 578 of 645 FirstFirst ... 78 478 528 568 576 577 578 579 580 588 628 ... LastLast