Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 596 of 645 FirstFirst ... 96 496 546 586 594 595 596 597 598 606 ... LastLast
Results 14,876 to 14,900 of 16102

Thread: Suntup Editions

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Well, they may go, if people want to make sure that they have rights to the next book. Or they could take a chance and skip this one and get the next one
    if it doesn't sell out pre-sale or go to a lottery. I know people are worried about it. Paul may, or he may not. I remember him saying that he did not need a book to sell out
    in 3 hours or 3 days and did not mind when a book did not sell out so when people found the website, they would have something to get.
    Plus, as was alluded to above, it may let people who had to jump of the train for whatever reason, to get back on. Let's see what happens
    over time and what happens with the next book.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by atari_guy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    There is still 50 numbered "The Collector"
    Yeah, that worries me. And to think I considered myself lucky to get right through on my purchase last week...
    Why does that worry you? And congratulations on your first post!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Plus, as was alluded to above, it may let people who had to jump off the train for whatever reason, to get back on.
    Was the case for me for sure.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Plus, as was alluded to above, it may let people who had to jump off the train for whatever reason, to get back on.
    Congratulations on that!
    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There is currently a bit less than a thousands books unsold according to the website, which represents a bit of money, but I am guessing that if there was a financial concern, Suntup would have simply not gone forward with the Charlie contest.
    So I guess that at the moment there is no concern, but eventually it would be nice for them to sell the leftover books. Maybe could get back to all the websites that promoted Misery when it was announced (I know I saw last week a publication on Bloody Disgusting about "The Collector"). But I am also confident that Paul did consider before increasing the print run of AE (and numbered) that not all books will sell out quickly, so it's not a surprised and part of the plan. In a certain extent

I hope you have a good size garage Paul
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, that worries me. And to think I considered myself lucky to get right through on my purchase last week...
    Why does that worry you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Traveler KarlHungus is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Why does that worry you?

I don't get why a run of 350 $600 books not selling out within 5 days is a problem. I bought into the numbered set with Horns but honestly couldn't afford to keep buying 1-2 books a month at the $300-600 price point. The numbered books are beautiful and I'd love to own them all but it just isn't in my budget. There are always going to be people that want high quality books.

I'd really like a Artist subscription service. I was on military (civ) travel and missed the Silence of the Lambs Artist release. I luckily got one from Subterranean.

I know I could never afford the lettered or roman editions but I like to look and I appreciate the connectivity and communication from Paul.
    ---
    Just to be clear I stopped buying numbered editions after Neuromancer.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Noxus35 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Congratulations on that!
    Thanks!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Traveler atari_guy is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Thanks. It worries me because the books I want usually sell out before I get a chance to get one, mostly. And the last book I got that took longer than expected to sell out - a lettered edition from another publisher - turned out to not be that great of an investment.

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Thanks. It worries me because the books I want usually sell out before I get a chance to get one, mostly. And the last book I got that took longer than expected to sell out - a lettered edition from another publisher - turned out to not be that great of an investment.
    I recommend against buying books for investment purposes.

Traveler atari_guy is on a distinguished road

Well no, not purely for investment purposes. I generally only buy books I really want. But when a book costs that much, it is an investment. Sometimes I have to sell a book to be able to afford something I want more, and if it's not even worth what I paid for it, it's kind of disappointing. (Or in the case of the book I alluded to, it was disappointing just to see it was less than the quality I expected for the price paid when I received it.)

Edited to add an afterthought: My wife thinks every book that costs more than $10 is expensive, so every book I buy is an investment.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

My wife thinks every book that costs more than $10 is expensive, so every book I buy is an investment.
    I also walk this lumpy, dusty road. (She mocked my then-new illustrated Lord of the Rings set as "your picture books" because I already owned a non-illustrated LOTR).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Gunslinger Apprentice GypsyDRB will become famous soon enough GypsyDRB will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amazed

I remember when Brother didn’t sell out and was available for the longest time…now, I would say it’s ‘fortunes’ have changed.

I collect these books because of their artistry ‘en totale’…

Everyone is free to collect for whatever reasons they wish, but I also agree with above poster(s)…to collect as an investment is a risky proposition.

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Well no, not purely for investment purposes. I generally only buy books I really want. But when a book costs that much, it is an investment. Sometimes I have to sell a book to be able to afford something I want more, and if it's not even worth what I paid for it, it's kind of disappointing. (Or in the case of the book I alluded to, it was disappointing just to see it was less than the quality I expected for the price paid when I received it.)

Edited to add an afterthought: My wife thinks every book that costs more than $10 is expensive, so every book I buy is an investment.
    Two words you used earlier puzzled me (worries and investment). I have a better understanding of your thought process now. Thank you. You and I have very different mindsets but neither is right or wrong. I buy buy books I want to collect with no thoughts of selling them down the line. I have $40 limited editions I could not get $10 for and a few books I could get over $1,000 for. I enjoy watching the market on the books I own but it never concerns me. Personally I think buying the books you 'want' will work against wanting books that appreciates in value more often than not. On the wife front. For a long time whenever my wife saw me going through books she wad excitedly ask me if I was selling them. Always to be disappointed with my answer. She finally gave up and began suggesting additional ways to display books in the house. I have books in every room in the house that does not have running water. Best wife ever!

Country
    Country Flag

Cook has been instrumental in helping me acquire several unique Horns pieces including this one. Thanks so much again, Richard! It's truly appreciated.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I agree, Richard's a great guy.
    Love the paperweight!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I agree, Richard's a great guy.
    Love the paperweight!
    Thanks!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I now wonder how many versions there are of each paperweight, and the collecting lobe in my brain is on fire with desire to acquire and admire them in my little nick-knack empire.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I now wonder how many versions there are of each paperweight, and the collecting lobe in my brain is on fire with desire to acquire and admire them in my little nick-knack empire.
    Well, there is likely a prototype of each, the Lettered cubes, the numbered cubes, and there might be R/C cubes for the Dragon Rebound.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

I know of at least one more Horns prototype cube. I doubt Paul will ever let it go but if he does, Paul, drop me a line

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Replay artist edition arrived yesterday and I've embarked on a re-reading of Ken Grimwood's compelling novel in style!

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

Just got mine today and it’s next on my list to read! Never read it before so am looking forward to getting into it soon!!
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

1984 Suntup Artist Edition for sale. New unread condition. $150 shipped. International shipping at cost.

PayPal preferred. You can reach me here or by email at ericjohns5000@gmail.com. Thanks!
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Hey kiddos! My Suntup numbered giveaway is live! Subscribe and comment on this video by Friday for your chance to win The Collector with rights!

THE COLLECTOR SUNTUP NUMBERED EDITION GIVEAWAY! (ends Friday, November 5th) http://youtu.be/IjlqDKWITT0

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Good luck to everyone who entered. I subscribed to help Jeff out and posted but I already am getting The Collector with rights. I know nothing about that King
    contests but I guess it doesn't matter since I already posted in this one. But again, good luck .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 596 of 645 FirstFirst ... 96 496 546 586 594 595 596 597 598 606 ... LastLast