Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 391 of 645 FirstFirst ... 291 341 381 389 390 391 392 393 401 441 491 ... LastLast
Results 9,751 to 9,775 of 16105

Thread: Suntup Editions

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I believe pre-order emails will be sent out before 12 PM PST.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Is there no preorder window time?
    The website states, "A Matching Pre-Order email is sent to owners of Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury in order to guarantee their matching number and/or letter. If you did not receive it by 12 p.m. Pacific on April 16, 2020, please let us know here."
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

MATCHING NUMBERS AND LETTERS

A Matching Pre-Order email is sent to owners of*Fahrenheit 451*by Ray Bradbury in order to guarantee their matching number and/or letter. If you did not receive it by 12 p.m. Pacific on April 16, 2020, please let us know*here.

seeking: anything DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Emails will be coming soon with the link to pre-order.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Ordered!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is there anyone not going ahead with the lettered lottery that got 451?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I will give away a PC Numbered edition of the next book to the person who has correctly made the connection first. Will provide details next month.
    Connection between the stone on the desk in Pauls last live facebook, and the next announcement.
    Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Just saw the teaser, and I'm going to guess that, given the stones and the general appearance of the people, that it's Shirley Jackson's THE LOTTERY. Whether it's the story proper or, more likely, the titular collection of stories I don't know (would guess the latter), but it sure feels like THE LOTTERY to me.
    Oooo, with this morning's announcement now official, looks like I was first in and right on the money. Does that then bode wonderful things for me, things that I can lord over Jeff and make him drown his sorrows in excess offerings from his Duff Bucket?

Gunslinger Apprentice BadHatHarry has a spectacular aura about BadHatHarry has a spectacular aura about

Paul keeps picking all the good books from high school that are worth the read.

Ordered! Also got one of the fancy coffee mugs because it will drive my wife crazy sitting out on the coffee mug shelf as the only black / dark colored mug.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nearly $9 per page! All time record for a retail priced limited edition numbered book?
    But. . . I bet Paul has some lil surprises in store for this one.

seeking: anything DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Ordered. Plus I added the GE of Red Dragon for good measure.

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I will give away a PC Numbered edition of the next book to the person who has correctly made the connection first. Will provide details next month.
    Connection between the stone on the desk in Pauls last live facebook, and the next announcement.
    Just saw the teaser, and I'm going to guess that, given the stones and the general appearance of the people, that it's Shirley Jackson's THE LOTTERY. Whether it's the story proper or, more likely, the titular collection of stories I don't know (would guess the latter), but it sure feels like THE LOTTERY to me.
    Oooo, with this morning's announcement now official, looks like I was first in and right on the money. Does that then bode wonderful things for me, things that I can lord over Jeff and make him drown his sorrows in excess offerings from his Duff Bucket?
    If you were the first to correctly guess The Lottery, congratulations!!
    I was hoping it was me at post 9391, I am sure Mr Paul will announce the lucky person soon. Just so pleased Mr Paul chose this story, greatly impacted me when I read it the first time as a much younger feller.

Hey, y’all stay safe out there wherever you are hunkered down, and read something you have been wanting to get to, but haven’t found the time.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Uhmm... stingray skin is kind of messed up. I looked up the images and the "process". No thanks.

Feel free to leave negative reps, that's okay.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Did they get rid of the partial.ly payment method?
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

So now that the new book has been announced, I'd like to congratulate willie3. He wins a copy of the Numbered edition (PC designation) for correctly identifying the rock on my desk and guessing the book, in his comment #9391. Well done willie!

Spoiler:
    Also, there were not rogue objects in my video from yesterday in case some of you are looking.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

No. It's mostly available on orders of $500 or more. So not available on the Numbered of this one.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Use the 6 month option brother on Paypal
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I liked the partial.ly. That is why I asked. I have been with paypal 10 years now.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Your continuing generosity leaves me speechless Mr Paul.
    My sincere appreciation.

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    Also, there were not rogue objects in my video from yesterday in case some of you are looking.
    🤣😂

Great job Willie3 ! 👍🏻 Enjoy it man. 😉

It's a stunning edition Paul, top notch! 👌🏻
    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Uhmm... stingray skin is kind of messed up. I looked up the images and the "process". No thanks.

I have to agree here. I really appreciate fine bookmaking and the artistry of it all but it does cause me pause when these exotic leathers are being used. I know that some say there are ways in which it is done responsibly but I can’t get behind the exotic materials. Sorry Paul - still love you buddy.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by willie3 View Post
    I was hoping it was me at post 9391, I am sure Mr Paul will announce the lucky person soon. Just so pleased Mr Paul chose this story, greatly impacted me when I read it the first time as a much younger feller.

Hey, y’all stay safe out there wherever you are hunkered down, and read something you have been wanting to get to, but haven’t found the time.
    Congrats, Willie -- looks like Jeff is safe this time from my lording-over ways.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post

I have to agree here. I really appreciate fine bookmaking and the artistry of it all but it does cause me pause when these exotic leathers are being used. I know that some say there are ways in which it is done responsibly but I can’t get behind the exotic materials. Sorry Paul - still love you buddy.

I like the idea. I had even looked into binding a book using some sort of exotic material (stingray, eel, ostrich skin, alligator etc.). Nothing from endangered species.

That being said, I understand others could be turned off, and respect their right to voice their opinion and exercise their right not to buy the product.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Default Suntup Press

Congrats, Willie -- looks like Jeff is safe this time from my lording-over ways.
    You can lord your Bentley Little collection over me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    From the newsletter.

This is a very famous and chilling story written by an author whose work we have previously published, although this time it is truly a family affair. The introduction is penned by the author's son, and the artist is the author's grandson! The book will be available in two states: Lettered and Numbered, both bearing the signatures of the introduction author and the artist.
    So tell me what you guys think about this guess: We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson.

I say this because Shirley Jackson's grandson is an artist and previously illustrated the graphic novel of 'The Lottery'.

https://www.amazon.com/Shirley-Jacks.../dp/0809066505
    Agree with the Authors, but let’s go back to the rock on Mr Paul’s desk.
    Thinking we may get a Suntup production of “The Lottery”
    Congrats on the win, Willie! Man, CGf was sooooo close.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post

When it comes to leather, exotic or otherwise, animals killed solely for their skins is not something I would ever get involved with. The leather suppliers we use follow state, federal and international laws regarding the sale of exotic leather. We'll never use skins from endangered animals, and the animals are not hunted for their skins. In this case, they are a byproduct of the commercial fishing industry. There are lines I will not cross, and any supplier I buy from, I look into them and make sure they are operating above board.

When designing the editions, I ask myself a question: How does this story make me feel? If I can evoke similar emotions out of the binding design when handling the book, feeling the texture of the covering material, etc., what happens then is that we create a cohesiveness between physical object, and the story contained within. It becomes a fully integrated experience; something complete and visceral.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 391 of 645 FirstFirst ... 291 341 381 389 390 391 392 393 401 441 491 ... LastLast