Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 454 of 645 FirstFirst ... 354 404 444 452 453 454 455 456 464 504 554 ... LastLast
Results 11,326 to 11,350 of 16105

Thread: Suntup Editions

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by KKTara View Post
    Love the survey, Paul! It's clear that you take input from your customers into consideration & I think that's awesome! Any chance you would release the full survey results? Would love to see what books my fellow Suntup fans are clamoring for.
    I wouldn't have the time to dedicate to releasing the results, and also we don't typically do that. These surveys are primarily to assist us in the decision making process. I want to publish books that our customers are asking for, and this is the perfect way to do that. When you have 900 submissions, you get a very good picture of what the majority are asking for.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    I can't afford the time to hunt down and read everything Suntup publishes, but I agree that Suntup's "seal of approval" (so to speak) means something to me, just as historical or biographical works produced by Folio Society tend to be notable ones worth consideration (I at least look into everything Suntup publishes, and while FS' history is too long to even examine them all, I've looked into quite a few).
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    There were A LOT of books I didn't know on the survey. I feel that I have expanded my horizons a LOT since Suntup. I decided to read every one and NOW I am reading ones that "might be a Suntup". IF ANYTHING... I will thank Paul for that. So many new books I have tried that I would not have. Have I liked them all? No.... but I have not hated any of them either..
    Agree with this! I never had any desire to read Rosemary's Baby and after reading the AGE, it's one of my favorite books. Perfectly done. And I had planned on reading I Am Legend, Brother, and Haunting of Hill House, but never had a fire under my ass for them. They got pushed up the list as Suntup editions and I thought they were all exceptional reads. And that's not to mention all the books I've loved that became SE's--THE ROAD (!), Red Dragon, Fahrenheit 451, 1984. I remember when I heard Suntup was doing Misery I thought "it's about time a publisher recognized this King book and gave it the special treatment it deserves." So I trust Paul to pick excellent books.

If Paul thinks it's worth doing, I'll definitely think it's worth reading.
    Just a comment on this. It's good to know that we can expand the horizons with some of the editions we publish. The same happens to me. I've seen requests for books that I have never heard of, so it's an opportunity to take a closer look, and potentially discover something quite spectacular.

A lot of discussion and research goes into making final selections as to what to publish, and it's really good to know that most people have enjoyed the books we've made editions for, but I certainly don't expect everyone to love every book. I have no doubt there will be novels we publish which some people will like and others will dislike. It's just the nature of it. I have read books which may be considered one of the greatest masterpieces ever written, and I either couldn't get through it, or did not enjoy it at all.

Anyway, I will be focusing on the top choices returned from this survey and will make every effort to secure them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by BadHatHarry View Post
    I voted for both American Psycho and Darkly Dreaming Dexter. I did wonder if Paul gets somewhat concerned about customers based on which books they select.
    We're a twisted bunch aren't we.

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KKTara View Post
    Love the survey, Paul! It's clear that you take input from your customers into consideration & I think that's awesome! Any chance you would release the full survey results? Would love to see what books my fellow Suntup fans are clamoring for.
    I wouldn't have the time to dedicate to releasing the results, and also we don't typically do that. These surveys are primarily to assist us in the decision making process. I want to publish books that our customers are asking for, and this is the perfect way to do that. When you have 900 submissions, you get a very good picture of what the majority are asking for.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    I can't afford the time to hunt down and read everything Suntup publishes, but I agree that Suntup's "seal of approval" (so to speak) means something to me, just as historical or biographical works produced by Folio Society tend to be notable ones worth consideration (I at least look into everything Suntup publishes, and while FS' history is too long to even examine them all, I've looked into quite a few).
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    There were A LOT of books I didn't know on the survey. I feel that I have expanded my horizons a LOT since Suntup. I decided to read every one and NOW I am reading ones that "might be a Suntup". IF ANYTHING... I will thank Paul for that. So many new books I have tried that I would not have. Have I liked them all? No.... but I have not hated any of them either..
    Agree with this! I never had any desire to read Rosemary's Baby and after reading the AGE, it's one of my favorite books. Perfectly done. And I had planned on reading I Am Legend, Brother, and Haunting of Hill House, but never had a fire under my ass for them. They got pushed up the list as Suntup editions and I thought they were all exceptional reads. And that's not to mention all the books I've loved that became SE's--THE ROAD (!), Red Dragon, Fahrenheit 451, 1984. I remember when I heard Suntup was doing Misery I thought "it's about time a publisher recognized this King book and gave it the special treatment it deserves." So I trust Paul to pick excellent books.

If Paul thinks it's worth doing, I'll definitely think it's worth reading.
    Just a comment on this. It's good to know that we can expand the horizons with some of the editions we publish. The same happens to me. I've seen requests for books that I have never heard of, so it's an opportunity to take a closer look, and potentially discover something quite spectacular.

A lot of discussion and research goes into making final selections as to what to publish, and it's really good to know that most people have enjoyed the books we've made editions for, but I certainly don't expect everyone to love every book. I have no doubt there will be novels we publish which some people will like and others will dislike. It's just the nature of it. I have read books which may be considered one of the greatest masterpieces ever written, and I either couldn't get through it, or did not enjoy it at all.

Anyway, I will be focusing on the top choices returned from this survey and will make every effort to secure them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by BadHatHarry View Post
    I voted for both American Psycho and Darkly Dreaming Dexter. I did wonder if Paul gets somewhat concerned about customers based on which books they select.
    So....did you read One Word Kill, Limited Wish & Dispel Illusion?
    Just curious. 😉

"I'm not this dark, twisted person. Yes, i have my demons and this is my way of exorcising them. It gets them out - And better out than in.." | Naomi Watts |
    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you to all those who submitted the survey. These are really helpful to me so that I can target the most requested titles. Sometimes the results are surprising. Lots of chatter about Murakami, but 46% chose "None of the above" for that list. Still, there's enough interest to possibly go after one of these.
    As I was going through it, the one button/choice I would have liked was "I don't know this author or any of these books"; instead I kept clicking "None of the Above". I imagine that might be what others were doing as well. In the end I didn't even submit because it was all NOTA, which is not especially helpful. Never heard of Murakami!
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Gunslinger Apprentice Dr. Dawg is on a distinguished road Dr. Dawg's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Thank you to all those who submitted the survey. These are really helpful to me so that I can target the most requested titles. Sometimes the results are surprising. Lots of chatter about Murakami, but 46% chose "None of the above" for that list. Still, there's enough interest to possibly go after one of these.
    As I was going through it, the one button/choice I would have liked was "I don't know this author or any of these books"; instead I kept clicking "None of the Above". I imagine that might be what others were doing as well. In the end I didn't even submit because it was all NOTA, which is not especially helpful. Never heard of Murakami!
    I agree, this is exactly why I didn't submit the survey either. At the end of the day I trust Paul's selections...

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Noxus35 View Post
    Just curious. 😉
    Not yet. It's on my list. You should see how many books I have lined up to read. There are just too many!

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Just curious. 😉
    Not yet. It's on my list. You should see how many books I have lined up to read. There are just too many!
    Yeah, i bet. 😉
    I guess many people on here would very much like to see what you've got lined up to read. Anyway, if you eventually get to them, i really think you're going to like those books.
    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies

Gunslinger Apprentice Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all

Country
    Country Flag

Just curious. 😉
    Such as several titles by Murakami, right?? ;-)

Gunslinger Apprentice burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

looking to swap my The Road #184 for #239 if anyone has it and is willing!
    ISO DT I-IV #101, rage,Suntup Press Horns, Rosemary's Baby and The Road w/designation #239

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

I've always had a soft spot for Where the Red Fern Grows.

It was the first book I ever read. I don't think there's been a limited edition of it yet. I think that story would make a beautiful Suntup book
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Newberry Award winning Bridge to Teribithia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gunslinger Apprentice burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Are the illustrations in The lottery supposed to be fully adhered to the page or are the corners meant to pull slightly away from the page?
    ISO DT I-IV #101, rage,Suntup Press Horns, Rosemary's Baby and The Road w/designation #239

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by burgerhicks80 View Post
    Are the illustrations in The lottery supposed to be fully adhered to the page or are the corners meant to pull slightly away from the page?
    I asked the same question. It's OK that they pull away. They are designed to do that.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

People always complain about getting neg rep. Well I want to thank whom ever gave me positive rep for my post on the previous page.
    So, thanks .

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They are meant to be like that. Perhaps Paul can give us the tradition of this and why it is done.

seeking: anything DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

It's a valid question, and one that I have been asked a handful of times. How you see them in the book is precisely how they are supposed to be. This is considered the preferred method for tipping illustrations in a fine press edition. We glue down the gutter edge, and then at the opposite top corner. Doing it any other way would be improper in this edition. I know it's not what most people are used to seeing, but we make books differently by following the traditions and philosophies of the fine and private press movement.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

It's a valid question, and one that I have been asked a handful of times. How you see them in the book is precisely how they are supposed to be. This is considered the preferred method for tipping illustrations in a fine press edition. We glue down the gutter edge, and then at the opposite top corner. Doing it any other way would be improper in this edition. I know it's not what most people are used to seeing, but we make books differently by following the traditions and philosophies of the fine and private press movement.
    Good to know, thanks for the reply!

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    One word:

American Psycho
    YES!!! A million times yes!!!

This is the book that got me into S/L collecting in 2013 when a small publisher I had never heard of (Centipede Press) showed up in my search results on Amazon. If it wasn't already in the previous survey choices, I may have put it as one of my top two for the final questions.

Not only is it just an amazing novel but there's sooooooo much imagery to draw from for both the composition of the book and the interior art.

The obsession with luxury clothing brands, music, and business cards - all of these could play nicely as exterior design elements. Then with some of the carnage (but not the most brutal stuff, there's plenty of lesser violence to choose from) illustrated on the interior, the physical book itself would be a perfect encapsulation of the dominant theme (pretty on the outside, unspeakably ugly on the inside).

I have a whole shelf of different editions of this book but since they are all packed up right now as I redo my home office, here's a copy that just came the other week - a Ukrainian edition:

Gunslinger Apprentice Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all

Country
    Country Flag

Newberry Award winning Bridge to Teribithia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You know, I never read that novel as a child. I decided to rectify this a few years back when the audiobook was on sale for a dollar.

I don't know if you've ever listened to audiobooks, but a lot of them use a short musical tune or score at the beginning when they are presenting the title, author, and narrator. The one they used for Bridge to Teribithia was a very upbeat banjo/country tune.

I don't know if it was an error on the Audible file or a sick joke by whomever directed the audiobook, but that opening tune came back and played again at the WORST time...

SPOILER if anyone is unfamiliar

And just like that, what was probably an emotionally scarring moment to many young readers was turned into a very comedic one for my grown ass!

Gunslinger Apprentice BadHatHarry has a spectacular aura about BadHatHarry has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by GenericEric View Post
    I've always had a soft spot for Where the Red Fern Grows.

It was the first book I ever read. I don't think there's been a limited edition of it yet. I think that story would make a beautiful Suntup book
    I haven’t read that book in thirty years. I bet it would still make me bawl.

My Mood
    Cool

Red Dragon AGE and numbered has an, I guess estimated, shipping date of 8/11 or next Tues. Who here is excited... Raise your hand. .

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Red Dragon AGE and numbered has an, I guess estimated, shipping date of 8/11 or next Tues. Who here is excited... Raise your hand. .
    So much is raised right now!

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    So much is raised right now!
    Easy there. Don't hurt yourself.

Country
    Country Flag

It may not be nearly as entertaining as a Jeffingoff unboxing, but you have my eternal thanks Paul (and Kris)!!

https://youtu.be/JWwFQWBbWFw

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Splync View Post
    It may not be nearly as entertaining as a Jeffingoff unboxing, but you have my eternal thanks Paul (and Kris)!!

https://youtu.be/JWwFQWBbWFw
    No problem with that unboxing at all. Better than I could do. And congrats on getting one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 454 of 645 FirstFirst ... 354 404 444 452 453 454 455 456 464 504 554 ... LastLast